Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok is that normal for the ex head those black marks & where is the hook thing for the base I cannot find it in the box?
5569a3945c6309946b39a024a436457b.jpg

Seems like normal. Mine got the exact same one. I guess those are lines from the winking eye.

Seems like normal. Mine got the exact same one. I guess those are lines from the winking eye.

Yeah, they're definitely just supposed to be wrinkles from the closed eye - they're sculpted in but mine doesn't have the dark paint on them as others have noted.

So my new base arrived today..has one tiny spec of color rub but nothing serious to complain about..at least it's not chipped anymore. Now, I thought they would send a new base with the same version # which was 1790.. Instead my new base reads 2499 out of 2500. I'm not really a number person but will I have issues if I ever decided to sell one day (not that I probably ever would) being the base number doesn't match the box number? Are collectors that OCD that it would affect the resale price?

So my new base arrived today..has one tiny spec of color rub but nothing serious to complain about..at least it's not chipped anymore. Now, I thought they would send a new base with the same version # which was 1790.. Instead my new base reads 2499 out of 2500. I'm not really a number person but will I have issues if I ever decided to sell one day (not that I probably ever would) being the base number doesn't match the box number? Are collectors that OCD that it would affect the resale price?

They messed up... I wonder who has the real #2499, poor guy has no idea that his statue has been copied lol

They never asked for the # but my damage photo included an image of the base with the # so I assumed they would know. I've read on other statues that they normally make a certain amount and then save the last few numbers for replacements..so receiving one of the very last few numbers makes sense. I'll probably contact them and ask..unless somebody has experience with receiving replacement bases and what the procedure is.

Regardless, if someone starts questioning too much about it during a sale, just move on to another buyer. People that put up an argument on this kind of things are the ones that then brag about a dent in the brown box or a scratch on the color box and so on.

Regardless, if someone starts questioning too much about it during a sale, just move on to another buyer. People that put up an argument on this kind of things are the ones that then brag about a dent in the brown box or a scratch on the color box and so on.

That is true.

I rather have a misnumbered base/box then a chipped pumpkin base so I guess I'm stuck with it. I contacted them anyway. I'm just curious as to what the normal procedure should be. Should I have received the same #? or did they mess up?

That is true.

I rather have a misnumbered base/box then a chipped pumpkin base so I guess I'm stuck with it. I contacted them anyway. I'm just curious as to what the normal procedure should be. Should I have received the same #? or did they mess up?

Usually they ask for a pic of your base with the number shown first and they would send you a replacement base with the same number.

I ordered the EX and just got it. Beautiful statue I love it. Problem is, I got the EX head sculpt and EX hand as well as regular hand. But, NO freaking regular headsculpt. I will deal with Sideshow on this Monday. The great thing is though that it looks perfect. The paint, the lines, the base all in great shape. I love it. My second PF of many more to come.

Hehe got it in the wrong spot. It's now on the correct spot. Was scared with leaning issue bec at first it was just on the carpet, :)

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:
Back