Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be super scared to do my own statue, well unless I knew what I were doing of course. I'm assuming you do lol.

I had been doing small repairs and minor scratch repainting up until last year and then I started doing custom repainting on full mini-busts and statues and repairs on larger statues and resculpting when necessary. I've learned quite a bit in a short amount of time. I haven't done anything as large as 1/4 scale or up yet but I've done statues up to about 1/5th in size so it would probably just mean more work, although life-size stuff does seem daunting just because of the extreme amount of detail you need to put into it.
All that said I won't lie, I still get nervous every time I do something to a statue, it's the collector in me :)

I just did a flex-pay on this Spidey and it's my first time doing this terrific payment plan option. I had to do this now, cause I can't see this 2500 exc lasting for too long. With 2 heads and 2 hands, that's a no-brainer. I'll see you my Spidey in 3 months and have a safe journey home. :)

Um, yeah! What a great idea! How often does custom stuff like that get made and/or made available for sale for PFs?

Uvajosh hooked me up with a Legendary scale wolverine head he commissioned with Troy McDevitt. If he was to do a custom ripped mask spidey it would be excellent. I would commission one if I knew how. I don't know too much about the custom scene lol

The only custom I'd really like to see is a head with the Romita or Ditko eye shape. I've always been a fan of the eyes with less white space in them - pretty happy with the new MCU suit.

The only custom I'd really like to see is a head with the Romita or Ditko eye shape. I've always been a fan of the eyes with less white space in them - pretty happy with the new MCU suit.

Yeah that would probably make the most sense for the piece. Then you wouldn't have to worry about battle damage on the body. I really dig this thing.

Did some rearranging of statues and found a nice place for Spidey today.
Marvel Trio SM.jpg

Awesome pic Josh. Can anyone do the statue measurement for his height? Like measure the shins, then the knees up to neck then the head? So we get a precise possible height of Spidey himself?

Awesome pic Josh. Can anyone do the statue measurement for his height? Like measure the shins, then the knees up to neck then the head? So we get a precise possible height of Spidey himself?

I would but I can't seem to find my measuring tape...

EDIT: Rough estimate with a ruler and measuring body sections about 18" in total body height.

I would but I can't seem to find my measuring tape...

EDIT: Rough estimate with a ruler and measuring body sections about 18" in total body height.

Perfect. And that is with his torso stretches to the max with give or take around the knees and neck area... He is dead on at 5'10 I think. Nailed it.

Measuring what I have. Cap is just shy of 19 inches, scaling to between 6'2 and 6'4. Thor is about 19.5 inches. Scaling to 6'6. Spidey being 5'10 to 6' is perfect.

Back