Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I very much doubt they want to toss 10% off coupons on LSF orders. PF's it saves the person what $40-$60. on a LSF it'd be like $200.

They had a 25% off coupon on a single item for new customers a couple of years ago. I remember a bunch of people had friends/family make an account so they could get $500 off Wolverine lsf.

They had a 25% off coupon on a single item for new customers a couple of years ago. I remember a bunch of people had friends/family make an account so they could get $500 off Wolverine lsf.
Yeah and you'll probably never see that again.
They did with the Yoda Life size which is why I mentioned it.
Yeah but weren't they having an issue moving those?

Not surprised this hasn't sold out. Said it won't sell out for months and months and that what happened day one was a glitch and some people here wanted my head.

I didn't think the Ex. would sell out right away either. It'll be just like the first comiquette....and it will eventually sell out, and then prices will slowly climb.

I didn't think the Ex. would sell out right away either. It'll be just like the first comiquette....and it will eventually sell out, and then prices will slowly climb.

I really, really, don't think they will. The EX isn't anything to write home about, relative to the regular; and combined numbers with the regular and symbiote variant make this a piece that'll likely be available, with over 7,500 in total. Frankly I see people struggling to sell this one at retail, going forward. Not saying its not a nice piece, and certainly congrats to everyone who got it, but the notion that it'll sell out quickly or that prices will rise is one I'm not too sure about. We are talking about a $500+ piece here, when you include shipping. The GBP equivalent is about £400. I don't see UK sellers selling this for £350, much less £400, if eBay sales are anything to go by. Again, I'm quite possibly wrong.

I really, really, don't think they will. The EX isn't anything to write home about, relative to the regular; and combined numbers with the regular and symbiote variant make this a piece that'll likely be available, with over 7,500 in total. Frankly I see people struggling to sell this one at retail, going forward. Not saying its not a nice piece, and certainly congrats to everyone who got it, but the notion that it'll sell out quickly or that prices will rise is one I'm not too sure about. We are talking about a $500+ piece here, when you include shipping. The GBP equivalent is about £400. I don't see UK sellers selling this for £350, much less £400, if eBay sales are anything to go by. Again, I'm quite possibly wrong.

Could definitely be. I don't think that'll be the case, but could be.

That's what people had said about the Batman EX being a Batarang in the beginning as well. And while the EX doesn't sell for extremely high prices it still been going for about $100-$150USD over retail. The EX will sell out in time, and I also think that people are forgetting it's not just the head that's the EX but also the webbing, and once that kinda sinks in and it's gone it will slowly climb.

Could definitely be. I don't think that'll be the case, but could be.

That's what people had said about the Batman EX being a Batarang in the beginning as well. And while the EX doesn't sell for extremely high prices it still been going for about $100-$150USD over retail. The EX will sell out in time, and I also think that people are forgetting it's not just the head that's the EX but also the webbing, and once that kinda sinks in and it's gone it will slowly climb.

It seems when something in this hobby doesn't go up in value after a month of its release it seems people think thats a bad thing. Like you said Josh people were like the batman Ex with the battering isn't anything special and the ES being high it wont sell etc. Now the EX is gone and the reg is done and people are already saying aww I missed it. In a year or more after the release when all the hype dies out is when you can start to see how prices rise or not. Yeah some things like the recent Batgirl is a hit and it immediately goes up in value but in a year it may drop or it may skyrocket. This statue hasn't sold out yet... so what? its a year before it releases. I agree with Chap that it will go up over time. With spiderman making movie appearances etc. his popularity is going to explode, actually popularity isn't the right word more like the desire or demand for spiderman in general will explode. This is one of the most if not the most dynamic statue of him and I also think the webbing on the Ex deserves a letter addressed home because it is a nice touch for a spiderman statue.

Batman EX isn't really selling for that high mate. Some have struggled to sell at all, and the regular is persistently selling for significantly less than retail. I bought my regular for £210 or around $320 recently. I sold it because, well, I wasn't sure what the fuss was about. To put that price in perspective, UK retailers currently have modern Batman for over £420, or double what I paid.

At over $500, with a variant, and with over 5,000 pieces in total (I'm not sure how many regulars were made), this Spider-Man PF is not an item that'll rise in price. That's my projection.

This is not a projection based on whether he has sold out or not by now - although compared to the Thursday night ten minute sellouts back in the day, several months for a Spider-Man PF EXCLUSIVE to not be sold out, is baffling to say the least; assuming one isn't clear with SSC's strategy today. Rather my projection is based on price as a function of aggregate supply and market availability, whether this item sells out now or in one year.

Despite all the hype around Captain America Charge on Hydra, I listed my EX for almost half a year and finally sold him below retail. I shipped it before the buyer changed their mind. Sorry if this isn't the warm fuzzy conversation that has been ongoing. But just because something is uncomfortable to hear doesn't mean its detached from reality.

I like the piece - I admire Canale's work and always will. But its not a $500 piece and it shouldn't have been made in ES of 7,500 or however many, with variants even before the EX(!) is sold out. You can have high pricing and high demand because of limited supply - that's the economics of luxury goods. You cannot have high pricing, copious amounts of supply, and expect fever pitch demand. It is fever pitch demand that pushes prices up. And it is limited supply that causes fever pitch demand.

Again, I probably know too little about this market to be right in my projection.

Last edited:
Batman EX isn't really selling for that high mate. Some have struggled to sell at all, and the regular is persistently selling for significantly less than retail. I bought my regular for £210 or around $320 recently. I sold it because, well, I wasn't sure what the fuss was about. To put that price in perspective, UK retailers currently have modern Batman for over £420, or double what I paid.

At over $500, with a variant, and with over 5,000 pieces in total (I'm not sure how many regulars were made), this Spider-Man PF is not an item that'll rise in price. That's my projection.

This is not a projection based on whether he has sold out or not by now - although compared to the Thursday night ten minute sellouts back in the day, several months for a Spider-Man PF EXCLUSIVE to not be sold out, is baffling to say the least; assuming one isn't clear with SSC's strategy today. Rather my projection is based on price as a function of aggregate supply and market availability, whether this item sells out now or in one year.

Despite all the hype around Captain America Charge on Hydra, I listed my EX for almost half a year and finally sold him below retail. I shipped it before the buyer changed their mind. Sorry if this isn't the warm fuzzy conversation that has been ongoing. But just because something is uncomfortable to hear doesn't mean its detached from reality.

I like the piece - I admire Canale's work and always will. But its not a $500 piece and it shouldn't have been made in ES of 7,500 or however many, with variants even before the EX(!) is sold out. You can have high pricing and high demand because of limited supply - that's the economics of luxury goods. You cannot have high pricing, copious amounts of supply, and expect fever pitch demand. It is fever pitch demand that pushes prices up. And it is limited supply that causes fever pitch demand.

Again, I probably know too little about this market to be right in my projection.

Here are the last 5 Batman EX listings sold on Ebay. The one that went for under retail was damaged. Another went for just over. The one that had the best offer accepted went for $649.99 and the other two as I said went for about $100 over retail and none of those prices include shipping.

Batmanlistings.jpg

Back