Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you add a signature to your posts, does it go back and add it to previous posts as well? I just added a new sig but didn't see it on an older post so i don't know if it's working properly.

I also love the off-angle bit here...but I'm scared to death it won't hold.

I went through 3 Gwen Stacy maquettes before getting one that didn't lean/fall.

I haven't read all 160 pages here, but is there any word that this will stand strong and not bend or topple after being displayed for a time?

I want to order this as EX but after so many bending issues (Legendary Scale Wolverine tipped too) I just really fear QC issues with such an off-kilter piece, and wanted the thoughts of folks here.

You seem to have had bad luck, but I have a few pieces with a single point of support some many years old and never had a problem.

If this thing doesn't lean - I doubt Spider-man will:

DC25694lg.jpg

Lean is a concern, but I am not freaking out about it (yet). I do feel the price a tad high, but since I have never found a 1/4 scale Spidey that I liked before now, I placed an order. I was around for the first Spiderman PF, but I just couldn't get over the sparkly pajamas. My biggest concern for this piece is the paint, but I am glad there is no cloth. I do wish it were a little more Ditko inspired but I imagine more people will want the version shown.

This statue is better than the original comiquette (IMH BUT TOTALLY UNNECESSARY O). But I wish the base was a building corner with those flames coming out of a window or sum'em. Or a black traffic light post with light up feature, or spinning daily bugle globe or...... awww you get the point. Anyways, cant wait to own this.

Still on the fence. I was beyond disappointed with the J Scott Campbell version. There were no issues but it was the only piece I had that didn't elicit a positive or negative emotion from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The figure and pose are excellent, ruined by another massive distracting base.

Funny, but I feel almost the exact opposite. I love the base. Love the explosion effect and the colors of the girder and explosion and how those look against the primaries of the S-M costume.

The main thing I'm not crazy about is the position of the two legs cross ankled behind the figure. I realize that the general pose gets the idea and attitude across that he is vaulting over this girder- but the positioning of both legs behind the figure amounts to nonsense. You wouldn't propel yourself forward with your midsection, you would lead with your head and upper body, or alternately with your leg(s). This figures head and shoulders and feet/legs are both trailing his pelvis.

I get that attitude is important in making something like this more visceral. It's just that I don't have a great deal of admiration for the artist when he has an easy opportunity to make it more viable. All that was needed was to give the right leg more forward positioning. You can still make him look 'spidery', you're just not making it look quite as dumbed down as it looks now (to the three or four people out there who understand the biomechanics involved).

So were a bunch of people. Glitch or is Sideshow playing games to get orders..............hmmmmm..................:dunno

After taking some time to prioritize what I want to order, I put $170 in rewards to this guy to get him under $300 before shipping.

I'm excited for this guy, first PF order and actually first statue so I'm all kinds of excited :lol

Back