Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But what kind of profit margins does SSC get per piece though? I'd be more curious about that number.

That's what I was thinking. What kind of profits are to be made?

I've been watching too much Shark Tank.

I've worked in art realted fields for over 20 years, currently a GM in art related manufacturing for 10. I've seen pricing on both sides and for the most part it's at least doubled, somtimes tripled on the final retail cost. Volume is different as all costs on materials, labor, etc are all to some degree negotiaed from top to bottom. All projects (and in SSC case license) have different elements that are calculated in somestimes a visceral manner.

I've worked in art realted fields for over 20 years, currently a GM in art related manufacturing for 10. I've seen pricing on both sides and for the most part it's at least doubled, somtimes tripled on the final retail cost. Volume is different as all costs on materials, labor, etc are all to some degree negotiaed from top to bottom. All projects (and in SSC case license) have different elements that are calculated in somestimes a visceral manner.

Good to know. I'd also be curious how it varies per lines, such as due the 1:2 scale pieces carrier a larger margin than 1:4. Again, I'm sure it all varies as you said, but man, so curious.

Good to know. I'd also be curious how it varies per lines, such as due the 1:2 scale pieces carrier a larger margin than 1:4. Again, I'm sure it all varies as you said, but man, so curious.

I wouldnt think scales would really differ so much, but due to a larger size would automatically command a higher price (not in all cases). I'm sure there is some variance in industries but the same tyes of issues are prevalent throughout all of manufacturing.

With warranty figured in and damages etc. I would think its closer to triple cost for retail. They also have to have dealer discounts built in though it's only for Reg versions. They just make that much more with the Ex. versions but then it also costs them way more in handling and customer service etc.

I wouldnt think scales would really differ so much, but due to a larger size would automatically command a higher price (not in all cases). I'm sure there is some variance in industries but the same tyes of issues are prevalent throughout all of manufacturing.

I see. Makes sense. :lecture

With warranty figured in and damages etc. I would think its closer to triple cost for retail. They also have to have dealer discounts built in though it's only for Reg versions. They just make that much more with the Ex. versions but then it also costs them way more in handling and customer service etc.

With regard to damages and having available stock on hand for replacements, I would think that's factored in on the original price for the job with the manufacturer. That will again depend on the project, sometimes a success and other times not to whatever degree (for whatever reason).
Customer service is part of the business.

Last time I spoke about a retail purchase on a reg, my lcs told me that SSC really doesnt discount much to reatilers, so he couldn't really do anything for me. He claimed also to be one of the first sideshow reatilers locally. I've no reason not to believe him. This may not be all retailers....

2099 just may beat, well tbh, this Spidey PF. But this and GG easily my favorites right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, I'm right there with you!!! :lol :rock :lecture

This 2099 piece looks so ****ing amazing. Just that detail on the suit. I mean...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

Yeah a dealer up here told me they only get like 10-15% off, of course he could be fibbing as well. But i do know they also have distributor pricing as well which would be another level below. either way SSC is in it to make money and power to them as it seems by the ES increases and price increases their business model does seem to be working for now. I just have a feeling there is going to be a collectors bubble here sooner of later. Just way to much stuff coming out from to many companies right now. Something has to give

Dude, I'm right there with you!!! :lol :rock :lecture

This 2099 piece looks so ****ing amazing. Just that detail on the suit. I mean...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

I noticed that too, Prime's 2099 you can make out the stitching :slap there's no way I would pass on a statue of Miguel.

I noticed that too, Prime's 2099 you can make out the stitching :slap there's no way I would pass on a statue of Miguel.

I can't see another company making one, nor can I see another company making it better. Everything I could have asked for. Ugh. So beautiful.

I can't see another company making one, nor can I see another company making it better. Everything I could have asked for. Ugh. So beautiful.

If someone else made a 2099 statue, I can't imagine liking it more than Prime's one... the only thing that'll be better is maybe a more dynamic pose, but hell... the ex is his fangs which I think is a DEEP pull

If someone else made a 2099 statue, I can't imagine liking it more than Prime's one... the only thing that'll be better is maybe a more dynamic pose, but hell... the ex is his fangs which I think is a DEEP pull

I forgot about the Ex!!!! That is killer!!!! :rock

Dude, so hyped!!!!

Back