New Mutants (X-Men spinoff)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are these Mutants new as in just now created or were new 30 years ago which would not make them new.

Because they don't actually care about the quality of these movies, all they care about is if Iron Man gives Spider-Man a high five while winking at Wolverine and being on the phone with Reed Richards all at one time. The actual quality of the movie is irrelevant.

What quality has FOX given over the years :lol

I wasn't speaking on marvel the studio, just a majority of their fans, and come on Ink, asking that question is basically admitting you're in Marvel's pocket :lol

Only difference I see is that one is more valid than the other. If you want to troll the Fox films, then you should focus on the creative minds behind specific films or series' of films, because there doesn't seem to be an overarching strategy connecting the X-Films and FF films (and this wasn't the case when they had Daredevil, either). But at Marvel Studios, it also makes sense to critique the mastermind over the whole thing, Kevin Feige, because his grubby fingerprints are all over everything, for better or worse.

i'm glad Disney doesn't have the rights, I like that all the studios have their own spin on the films.

Disney/Marvel - def for kids/family, light and fluffy, sometimes too much comedy and non threatening villains
Fox - more serious, graphic
DC - darker and more serious, graphic

all studios have had great films and duds... don't know why everyone wants the mouse to control all the marvel films. all the studios films are already getting way too cramped imo with the amount of characters, they don't need to interact with another. :dunno

Excellent post. There's more variety with more studios and like you said none are perfect all have hits and duds. For me the characters interacting is a novelty, a bonus, that is if it doesn't interfere with the strog and plot of the movie. 10/10 times I'd want a Spider-Man movie for example to be only about Spidey and his villains and supporting characters as there's loads to explore before using non-Spider-Man characters first

Because they don't actually care about the quality of these movies, all they care about is if Iron Man gives Spider-Man a high five while winking at Wolverine and being on the phone with Reed Richards all at one time. The actual quality of the movie is irrelevant.

Interaction between characters does seem the most important to fans from what I've seen with everything else second. I've seen people say they don't give a toss about FF they just want Marvel to have the villains for the Avengers or they're only interested in FF if there's non-FF characters around them.

I don't think quality is irrelevant but I think with the cinematic universe thing mediocre movies arent held as much as a sin since there's another coming In six months to make up for it whereas with non-cinematic universe movies its two years between movies so a mediocre one is vilified more as its longer before the next one

Well they haven't had a comic book movie viewed as 'bad' since 2009 so it's clear they're not screwing up.

Why the **** was my post deleted? It was a picture of 3 guys with a thumbs up. Why does that need to be deleted, but the Nova/FOX trolling posts can remain?

Good question.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Provided X-Men Apocalypse does well I could see FOX spinning this off under the X-Men brand similar to the Star Wars spinoffs, so it would likely be something like X-Men: New Mutants, and then use the same tactic for following spinoffs like X-Factor, X-Force, etc. I also think it's smart for them to go after the YA market. So really unless something weird happens I wouldn't look for this to go back to Marvel/Disney for the foreseeable future. What I do think might happen is that Fantastic Four will likely revert back unless it is a surprise mega hit.
> First, FOX doesn't seem to be putting much marketing muscle behind FF, although that could change in the next couple of months, but we're only a few months out and Marvel was in full gear with GotG this time last year.
> Second, in many respects the Fantastic Four doesn't really fit into the X-Men/Mutant universe, and it's possible that will be where Fox will want to build its superhero connected universe.
> Third, FOX could probably get a nice package by selling FF back to Marvel/Disney that could include cash (maybe $250M or so since it's not a proven money-maker like Spider-Man), concession on merchandising, and supporting the X titles.
So that could be a win-win all around especially if classic FF can show up in Infinity War I, have an expanded role in IW2, and get their own movie in Phase IV.
X-Men really can exist in its own universe separate from the other Marvel titles. Fantastic Four not so much so, so it would be great to have them back in the fold. Marvel is making the Inhumans its replacement for X-Men/Mutants, so the sooner they stop lamenting over X-Men they can proceed to strengthening that lineup, because the good thing about Inhumans is that they can pretty much have the same powers as mutants. So if you need a "beast", "angel", "iceman", "mystique", etc. just make an Inhuman version with enough changes to be a unique and interesting character.

Last edited:
Fox should just adapt all the best possible story arcs in case Marvel gets the rights back they don't have any material to work with in exchange of Marvel being so petty and ****ing up the comicbook series.

They killed Deadpool! The ****ers....

maxresdefault.jpg

jeremy-renner-chris-evans.jpg

i'm glad Disney doesn't have the rights, I like that all the studios have their own spin on the films.

Disney/Marvel - def for kids/family, light and fluffy, sometimes too much comedy and non threatening villains
Fox - more serious, graphic
DC - darker and more serious, graphic

all studios have had great films and duds... don't know why everyone wants the mouse to control all the marvel films. all the studios films are already getting way too cramped imo with the amount of characters, they don't need to interact with another. :dunno

I think it would be better if ONE studio had full control. I wish Disney had X Men, Fantastic four, and Spiderman. Not just because I want them all in the same universe and see certain heroes and villains show up in different films, but because that way you don't have too many superhero films competing with each other.

Just look at this ridiculous schedule in 2018 :lol

July 6 - Black Panther

July 13- Untitled Fox/Marvel film

July 20- Sony Spiderman Animated film

July 27- Aquaman

All in one month :lol

Competition breeds quality.

The increase in movies is due to Marvels output. No other studio released two superhero movie each year, they upped the output and he others responded by planning an increase to compete.

If marvel had the rights they'd likely increase output and it'd result in the same amount of movies each year

Competition breeds quality.

The increase in movies is due to Marvels output. No other studio released two superhero movie each year, they upped the output and he others responded by planning an increase to compete.

If marvel had the rights they'd likely increase output and it'd result in the same amount of movies each year

Doubt it. MCU has release 2 films per year at the most. Phase 3 will have one year in which they'll release 3 films, but I doubt that they could make 5 or 6 films per year if they had the rights to X Men, Spiderman, and FF4.

Not sure what you mean?

I mean that if those properties where under Marvel, they'd sure release an X-men movie, it would be the next big thing next to Spiderman, you know as "the X-men/FF come back home" or some hypocritical crap like that, and they'd very probably release solo films for some characters like Wolverine or Deadpool, plus everything else they're releasing right now.

Could add up to 5 or more Marvel movies a year no problem, imo.

I mean that if those properties where under Marvel, they'd sure release an X-men movie, it would be the next big thing next to Spiderman, you know as "the X-men come back home" or some hypocritical crap like that, and they'd very probably release solo films for some characters like Wolverine or Deadpool, plus everything else they're releasing right now.

Could add up to 5 or more Marvel movies a year no problem, imo.

Why don't they release 5 movies per year now?

Marvel churning out so many films at once is probably the biggest reason I absolutely have zero interest in them. If FOX ever loses X-Men, I'm tapping out completely.

Back