The Official STAR WARS Character Spin-Off Movies Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Rogue Squadron movie can be basically use X-Wings instead of F-16s, hopefully without the volleyball and kareoke.

No volleyball? Everyone knows that "after chasing sunsets, one of life's simple joys is the boys." :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzY9a-WmE6o[/ame]

Wedge VS Baron Fel would work just fine.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say a majority of movie goers won't even know who Wedge is, nor really care, so I understand what Geb is trying to say. Looking at the glass half full, that means they have a pretty clean slate to work with.

So that note, like Prog says, Swap the F-14's in Top Gun with X-wings and I'd buy a ticket to see that, although what made Top Gun so good was all the supporting characters as well and I'm not sure if there's a SW equivalent of Goose/Iceman/Viper etc since Wedge is far from the charismatic/cocky Maverick from Top Gun.

I think Biggs could be the "Maverick" type lead character. Hell, they could even use the old footage of him on Tatooine to open the film.

Conclude the film using footage from the original Death Star battle. Add more stuff from Bigg's perspective.

The only thing is fan boys will need to accept that different actors are playing the known roles like Biggs, Wedge and Porkins.

They could do tons of "Top Gun" type fighter pilot movies along the lines of the old X-Wing PC game. Hopefully they turn out more like Top Gun and not Wing Commander anyway.

Even if they didn't do a Rogue Squad film I'd still love to see them use it as a basis to bring back Xwing vs TieFighter for the PC.

I remember in some interviews on tv, the guy who played wedge is pretty unfavourable of star wars, in terms that he thinks it's silly and that he is a serious actor who only sat in a cockpit being shaken around by a film crew :lol

It was pretty upsetting to watch him disown that role

I remember in some interviews on tv, the guy who played wedge is pretty unfavourable of star wars, in terms that he thinks it's silly and that he is a serious actor who only sat in a cockpit being shaken around by a film crew :lol

I don't know where you heard that but Wedge/Denis Lawson is Ewan MacGregor's uncle and was the one that encouraged him to go for the Obi-Wan role in the PT.

I'm sure it's nothing compared to the things Alec Guinness used to say. Guinness famously agreed to give an autograph to a SW fan on the condition he would stop watching Star Wars and grow up.

I think Biggs could be the "Maverick" type lead character. Hell, they could even use the old footage of him on Tatooine to open the film.

Conclude the film using footage from the original Death Star battle. Add more stuff from Bigg's perspective.

The only thing is fan boys will need to accept that different actors are playing the known roles like Biggs, Wedge and Porkins.

I would say something sarcastic about how silly it would be if people get upset if those "known" roles are ever recasted but this IS the SW fandom so I'm sure there'd definitely be pitchforks and death letters sent:panic:

I'd definately prefer post ROTJ Rogue Squadron like the games were then pre-ANH. Plus since that's the focus of the next trilogy it makes sense for the spinoffs to occur or at least affect that timeline.

Baron Fel, Admiral Thrawn, World Devestators and Tie Defenders would be pretty cool to see.

12 years ago he voiced Wedge Antilles in a video game :dunno

If I'm not mistaken his nephew is also a huge SW fan and has talked about how his Uncle Wedge was glad he could be that character but perhaps I'm mistaken?

I've never seen Lawson say anything negative about SW, only that he didn't think the PT was very good. He also doesn't sign SW stuff because he dislikes ebay trolls.

I'd definately prefer post ROTJ Rogue Squadron like the games were then pre-ANH. Plus since that's the focus of the next trilogy it makes sense for the spinoffs to occur or at least affect that timeline.

Baron Fel, Admiral Thrawn, World Devestators and Tie Defenders would be pretty cool to see.

You and I are pretty much completely opposite.

I want to see the "spinoffs" be used to fill in caps from the OT and event the PT. I can really care less about using the original actors. I just want to see why was Boba Fett the best bounty hunter, etc.

The new trilogy is there to continue the linear story, I don't see why the spinoffs should too.

Well it will kinda depend on what the new trilogy actually focuses on. I think at this point alot of people probably expect it to go a similar way to the Thrawn trilogy, with a clone emporer, the Yuuzhan vong etc, but they could go another direction entirely. But having read alot of the comics and played the games, when I hear Rogue Squadron I automatically think post ot, post Luke an active member, them stopping the world devestators etc, and a diverse roster of alien pilots.

I have a funny feeling that at least one of the spin offs will be a Knights of the Old Republic story.

Back