New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I emailed them on Monday and got a response after less than an hour.

Paypal can be bizarrely hard to deal with at times whenever there is an issue. Maybe Big Chief got burned and we haven't heard about it. Who knows.

I once had a buyer on ebay prefer to send me money in an untrackable envelope rather than deal through paypal again. I even pointed out the bizareness of that logic but it was his decision.
(yes the transaction was completed successfully if you're wondering :D )

I guess that all depends on the question Liz10. What did you ask them, if you don't mind my asking..?

I did have trouble with PayPal and it actually sucks when it comes to buyer protection, at least in Germany, but it's still a good way to pay for stuff. I cancelled an order with Forbidden Planet today because they don't accept PayPal. They keep changing the release dates and I never know when my card will be charged, hate that. Ordered my figures elsewhere, will get an invoice once they're in stock so just need to put money on my account in time for the stated release date. Also gutted that Harlequin Goldsmith don't accept PayPal, I'm really glad for everyone who does.

I guess that all depends on the question Liz10. What did you ask them, if you don't mind my asking..?

I asked something about future releases and if they're still planning to release expansion packs for 11 this year (yes, later this year, no specific date).

Last edited:
Well i emailed them 6 hrs ago privately and PM on facebook as well. I have seen the frustration on the forum and some of the queries go unanswered over on their facebook page. So i can only hope they clear things up and promptly. They owe it to their customer base, especially those that have supported BC directly by purchasing directly from them such as myself using the same payment method IE : PAYPAL. Suddenly the big elephant sitting over in the corner of the room...

Thanks for responding Liz10 :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ProgMatinee
What did you people do before Paypal?

Got into serious debt collecting on credit - then cancelled my cards altogether.

As in, all time or just with BC? As they've accepted PayPal before.

PayPal's like, what, 15 years old this year. I was 5 when they started.

Man things like that blow my mind. I didn't think we were at the point yet where someone could legit say, 'what do you mean before Paypal!?' :)

Its like when teenagers honestly ask, "how did you meet up with people before cell phones?"

Man things like that blow my mind. I didn't think we were at the point yet where someone could legit say, 'what do you mean before Paypal!?' :)

Its like when teenagers honestly ask, "how did you meet up with people before cell phones?"

Well, it is the first big online payment website. At least here, before PayPal existed, we used bank transfers. :dunno

We went outside used our imaginations and built forts out of tree branches when i was a wee lad, ha ha. Then came the cubby house and build it yourself playsets were soon invented. And now its all about video games and virtual reality...

We went outside used our imaginations and built forts out of tree branches when i was a wee lad, ha ha. Then came the cubby house and build it yourself playsets were soon invented. And now its all about video games and virtual reality...

In which we still build forts! It's funny how times have changed, but in some ways it totally hasn't.

And we're actually taking steps back now, everything had to be smaller, as small as possible, tiny cellphones with buttons too small even for a mutant baby monkey and now everything has to be bigger, as shown by the 20+ inch tablet computer.

yeah one day so much of what we already know to be, will become outdated and obsolete - virtual figures - hope not. Cause there's something about the plastic that is as timeless as the shows in which these were moulded from... and who really wants to completely grow up..?

iPad figures, hold such a QR virtual code thingy to a webcam and it'll appear in real life!... on the screen. Only $250 per figure*

*figure does not include card, sold seperately for $50. Imagine if that'd happen.

Anyway back on topic, we need to go retro and add voice chips to these figures. The catchphrases demand it. There's so many different ones each Doctor has, it could really benefit from it. Oh, and some headsculpts with fitting expressions to go with it, much like 10. I wouldn't mind having an 11th Doctor figure with is cheeky smile or determined, raised eyebrow expression on my shelf.

Great idea but my only reservation is if the electronics fail over time. I kinda like the idea that these are less gimmicky too and are more of an adult piece designed for the more mature collector rather than just aimed soley to be some children's toy. A little hypocritical of me i know cause i did just say and who really wants to completely grow up..? That being said still no word in relation to the PAYPAL question either...

I purchased my 11 figure from a site called Entertainment Earth
last October. I called and asked if I could send them a money order.
They accepted.

But, to be more on topic here:

I hope the Big Chief company is going to be okay.

I, too, am concerned.

With the fantastic job they did on 11, and from the previews of
4 & 10, they really have me wanting those two!

Great idea but my only reservation is if the electronics fail over time. I kinda like the idea that these are less gimmicky too and are more of an adult piece designed for the more mature collector rather than just aimed soley to be some children's toy. A little hypocritical of me i know cause i did just say and who really wants to completely grow up..? That being said still no word in relation to the PAYPAL question either...

It IS like 4:30 in the morning in the UK, I wouldn't expect an answer any time soon.

Question was asked at a reasonable hour originally, was about that time over where I am located, when i wrote to them. Another sleepless night, this being due to the heat (aus summertime) and insomnia all rolled into one. I believe it's incredibly frosty in the UK so I would be tucked up into bed under those circumstances.

there's some very adorable star trek TNG bloopers circulating youtube right now, and at least when those were taken, Stewart was not above playing around with the rest of the cast...!

looking forward to 10!

I've just been on Big Chiefs website, and the option to buy on paypal is still there, so it seems strange that they wouldn't use that option for 10, especially if it's the only way that some customers can pay, guess we'll find out for sure in a weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back