New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ChaserFan;5236988[B said:
]Unless your bank gives you an ATM-only card[/B], every person with a bank account should have a debit card. I can't see a reason why you wouldn't want access to your own money to make purchases online :cuckoo:

That's what they gave me, due to age. Debit cards have high fees, higher than PayPal, so that's a no-go for me, for now.

question for those in the know-

if i was to get a 11th doc bc 1/6 fig now from retailer or bay will it have the the matt smith signature on the base or was that limited to a small number of the first run? like are they all signed? thks! :)

Chaserfan your sig and avatar rocks, luv me some Justified. kill for a Marshal Raylan Givens 1/6 fig. KILL!

question for those in the know-

if i was to get a 11th doc bc 1/6 fig now from retailer or bay will it have the the matt smith signature on the base or was that limited to a small number of the first run? like are they all signed? thks! :)

Chaserfan your sig and avatar rocks, luv me some Justified. kill for a Marshal Raylan Givens 1/6 fig. KILL!

Signed ones were limited to 250 and exclusive to BC themselves.

Great then that's all i really wanted to know and was hoping for that answer. So happy all round now, thanks BC. Bring on Tennant and we can close that discussion entirely.

BC is victorious once again. It would've been odd to exclude a payment method myself and a lot of others rely on. Would've hated to have them lose me as a customer.

I think it's perfectly healthy to have different points of view and opinions in this community and of life in general and no, suprisingly the world wasn't about to end. As a planet we all got past 21/12/2012 just as we did the topic of conversation. Perhaps the good doctor has done it again and had a hand in that "time can be rewritten.."

I think it's perfectly healthy to have different points of view and opinions in this community and of life in general and no, suprisingly the world wasn't about to end. As a planet we all got past 21/12/2012 just as we did the topic of conversation. Perhaps the good doctor has done it again and had a hand in that "time can be rewritten.."

I think it's BC who have been rewriting time... the fact is they did write on their FB page:

What's the payment method for the pre-order? Is PayPal accepted?

Doctor Who Action Figures Online BIG Chief have Paypal facilities, but we are not sure this will be an option for pre-orders. Make sure you register your interest for more details!

Following a fuss that was largely generated by you Skaro, and quite rightly, BC announced that people had 'gotten the wrong idea.' Well, not really - their original post is pretty clear, 'we are not sure this will be an option for pre-orders.' A few hours later, they are sure.

The Verdict: GOOD WORK ALL ROUND, GUYS. Well done to Skaro for noticing it and questioning it. Well done to BC for smoothly backtracking while pretending that everyone else had got the wrong idea (guys, where are you when I need someone reliable to phone my wife and lie to her about my whereabouts?). And to think we were worried about your business acumen, when you've clearly got more front than Harrods.

We move on.

On Thursday evening, IF 10 goes on pre-order, I hope that it can be done via regular credit card, as I think that's what my dad uses. After reading this, I will get in touch to confirm I wouldn't want to be waiting for a confirmation email at 2am to hear that the payment method wasn't accepted! haha!

I need to know if they'll take Skittles as payment.

5 minutes later: I need to know NOW.

5 minutes later: Omg I made a post 5 minutes ago why didn't they answer!

Thanks Captain Britain i believe i raised a valid concern even if that wasn't shared by some members on this board. And going by the snide comments received here its really of little relevance to me over what is said in reference to the commotion I might have inadvertently caused as a result. I'm incredibly happy about the outcome and couldn't give a genuine toss how it's received on here by the very few. Sarcasm that's thrown my way when all I have really done was to stand up for a conviction which represented many other's who felt the same way, suits me just fine. Like its already been said - We move on.
Mission accomplished and BC also benefits by understanding how some of the people feel toward the subject of making payment for their product which is an important factor for any business both big or small.
End of story and be careful you don't trip on those Skittles now...

Last edited:
I think it's BC who have been rewriting time... the fact is they did write on their FB page:

What's the payment method for the pre-order? Is PayPal accepted?

Doctor Who Action Figures Online BIG Chief have Paypal facilities, but we are not sure this will be an option for pre-orders. Make sure you register your interest for more details!

Following a fuss that was largely generated by you Skaro, and quite rightly, BC announced that people had 'gotten the wrong idea.' Well, not really - their original post is pretty clear, 'we are not sure this will be an option for pre-orders.' A few hours later, they are sure.

The Verdict: GOOD WORK ALL ROUND, GUYS. Well done to Skaro for noticing it and questioning it. Well done to BC for smoothly backtracking while pretending that everyone else had got the wrong idea (guys, where are you when I need someone reliable to phone my wife and lie to her about my whereabouts?). And to think we were worried about your business acumen, when you've clearly got more front than Harrods.

We move on.

If you look back at that FB post....

Doctor Who Action Figures Online: BIG Chief have Paypal facilities, but we are not sure this will be an option for pre-orders. Make sure you register your interest for more details!

It is actually DWAFO that caused most of the problems, and not totally (on this occasion) BCS. If you read that line of posts, they do seem to want to come off as affiliated in some manner, coming in with all the helpful answers, but which...unless I am very much mistaken...they are not. I can see that it was done in good faith and with a desire to be helpful, but this is what happens when you try to project yourself as having more information that you really have.

As I have posted on BCS's FB page, the other party responsible is BCS themselves for relying on others to answer questions for them, instead of answering them for themselves.

This gap in communication has caused the mix-up, and it is a gap that did not exist this time last year.

What a blessing this thread is!!!

Just found out about the release of the 10th Doctor!
Signed up & ready to preorder! What joy!!!

I hope they accept paypal.Your card is not charged until it ships (usually) and since i use a pre paid card it's not comfortable for me.

Honestly having read the comments on the forum since becoming a member back in 2009 I really had very little intention of participating in arguments and heated debate which unfortunately happens quite often in some of these threads. As you can see the number of posts i have made personally have been very limited up until now and never expected to be a catalyst in creating drama by rubbing some people on here up the wrong way. All i really wanted was an answer and have seen inconsistencies with receiving communication from BC over a number of issues and was worried that i would be forced to miss out on an opportunity of obtaining this figure was really all. I have studied this particular thread due to ongoing interest in the line being a fan of the show for many years and kept well away from engaging in heated debate purposely as i can see where differences of opinion then degenerate into personal attacks and the thread is closed down as a result. Not the least bit interested in engaging in pointless conflicts. Just after the figure and a reply and wrote on here to express exactly that. Sure got my answer in the end and wish no one any hard feelings either. That's just not my intention here at all.

Don't worry about it SKARO. It's par for the course. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm just glad it's sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back