New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus he was treated really poorly by the BBC towards the end of his run as well, which didn't help matters.

Fact is, he has every right to feel as he did, given some of the genuinely shoddy treatment he and others around him went through during the first series.

However, at the same time it is worth noting three things. One, most (all?) of those that he had his main issues with no longer have anything to do with the show. Two, Moffat wrote Eccleston's favourite episodes from his run (the Empty Child/Doctor Dances). Three, he has often stated how much he loved the role itself and playing the character, he just didn't like the atmosphere of the production and some of the people involved. As such, I wouldn't rule out some involvement in the 50th.

Then again, Eccleston being Eccleston, I wouldn't believe it until it's known to be filmed either... :lol

An Eccleston figure with a voice chip that said 'I. Am. Talking.' would be the greatest thing ever - even greater than the last greatest thing ever.

Plus he was treated really poorly by the BBC towards the end of his run as well, which didn't help matters...Fact is, he has every right to feel as he did, given some of the genuinely shoddy treatment he and others around him went through during the first series...most (all?) of those that he had his main issues with no longer have anything to do with the show...l

Yes...? Don't stop there....

EDIT:...No, found it.

Yeah...so he was chained and forced to play the role or was it that the service cart didn't have his favorite curry?

Yeah...so he was chained and forced to play the role or was it that the service cart didn't have his favorite curry?

No. I think you'll find among other people that have worked with CE he is no primadonna. It was that he found some of the people behind the camera were cruel and unprofessional in their attitude towards others working on the show. He wasn't sure if he wanted to return or not and while he was figuring it out the BBC went and hired David Tennant without telling him in advance.

No. I think you'll find among other people that have worked with CE he is no primadonna. It was that he found some of the people behind the camera were cruel and unprofessional in their attitude towards others working on the show. He wasn't sure if he wanted to return or not and while he was figuring it out the BBC went and hired David Tennant without telling him in advance.

I remember reading something about this where he said some of the people disgusted him. I give him props for walking away from a lucrative gig and not putting up with that.

I think he's got a strong belief in social justice. He saw people being treated badly, he didn't like it, so he walked.

Not entirely sure that shows anything other than self protection. Surely the way to 'do something about it' is to speak out, use your clout, get people removed or at least reprimanded....?

I see what you mean - but he did speak out afterwards. Or maybe he spoke out but didn't have enough clout to win his argument?

I must admit, I don't know that much about it, but whatever people think of him he does at least seem genuine. On the other hand he is an actor, so maybe he isn't!

Not entirely sure that shows anything other than self protection. Surely the way to 'do something about it' is to speak out, use your clout, get people removed or at least reprimanded....?

How very dare he try to protect himself. :mad:

:p

How very dare he try to protect himself. :mad:

:p

:lol Indeed, go figure!

I see what you mean - but he did speak out afterwards. Or maybe he spoke out but didn't have enough clout to win his argument?

I must admit, I don't know that much about it, but whatever people think of him he does at least seem genuine. On the other hand he is an actor, so maybe he isn't!

I didn't mean that to sound quite as much of an insult as it actually sounded. He does seem like a decent chap, so maybe you're right and that there was no other option other than to leave.

So, I'm still asking, what is it referring to?

They had his CE's favorite curry but not the actor who played Mickey's? Or was there a legitimate concern for someone's well being?

Who did what to whom is what I'm asking.

So, I'm still asking, what is it referring to?

They had his CE's favorite curry but not the actor who played Mickey's? Or was there a legitimate concern for someone's well being?

Who did what to whom is what I'm asking.

It's nothing that has been made publicly known. I assume because he wants to avoid lawsuits, hence the lack of specific info.

Surprised we haven't had any more pictures of Ten. And has anyone received an email telling them how to order next week? Are we meant to be getting one?

I was always under the impression that he only signed a One season deal, refusing to sign on for longer.
So, the bbc then signed up DT almost right away to jump into season 2.
I recall watching the first episode in 2005 and reading on line that he'd already been regenerated fr the next season. Then coincidentally DZt narrated the doco on the Doctor, that same evening!

It was nothing to do with the cast or the crew but the enviroment.
Perhaps he didn't like all the sheep...

What was odd that when he left the BBC issued a statement that Eccelston left because he was feeling tired and worried of being typecasted, which when challenged by Eccelston, they took back.

It was nothing to do with the cast or the crew but the enviroment.
Perhaps he didn't like all the sheep...

What was odd that when he left the BBC issued a statement that Eccelston left because he was feeling tired and worried of being typecasted, which when challenged by Eccelston, they took back.

Lucky there's no national stereotypes about Scotland... but you're right, you can't move in central Cardiff for all the sheep.

I hope BC are watching all this talk about Eccles, he certainly seems to fascinate fans.

Thanks Cap'n for putting the sheep in context. I was scratching my head thinking he was implying that CE didn't enjoy the company of.. erm.... well, you know... baaaaaa.

My belief has always been that Christopher Eccelston's committment to the job didn't mesh with the show's more relaxed working environment.

If you've ever seen the behind the scenes stuff for Doctor Who, it seems like a very chill place, with everyone being close friends with one another both at and outside of work. While this does create a very friendly atmosphere to come to every day, the unfortunate side effect is that there is no doubt some time wasted hanging out on set.

Eccelston has always struck me as a very professional actor, one who likes to give his all to a role and focus on the job at hand. That, combined with a natural slight awkwardness around people made him an outsider among the cast & crew. He probably felt that everyone hanging around joking with eachother while he was trying to get the job done was a waste of his time.

Shame about Eccleston since I loved his performance as the Doctor and would have like to see him stay on for a few more years.

A little late to the party, but I got my 11th Doctor today and am incredibly impressed with it.

I have 100% confidence that the 10th Doctor will be just as good and I can't wait now. Thanks again to the poster who mentioned the promo code for GoHastings. Got a great deal on this.

awesome and grats!

is the promo code still available to use? wants this fig.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back