New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

Amy looks real nice, but something about her outfit I don't like enough to put down the money. Maybe after seeing the others I will. I'm rather looking forward to Ten first, in whatever incarnation they make of him. Rory and River, on the other hand, I will probably buy in a heartbeat. And then Amy will come along.

I would like the discrepancy between BC and Diamond Comics to be cleared up. BC states that 11 and Amy are shipping together in late April/Early March, yet Diamond Comics is telling all their people that shipping is expected for 11 in late July/August and November for Amy Pond.

I see pro's and con's with both scenarios but I would like to know which is correct.

I am a Diamond retailer, and these are not in Diamond's database unfortunately. I wish I could order these through Diamond, and my customers do too.

Here it is from WhoNA's mouth (erm keyboard):

Who North America said:
Release information we have is provided by Diamond Comics.

Please note that I corrected the ETA date of the 10th Doctor to January, 2013.

https://whona.realtvboard.com/t7301-big-chief-products

There seems to be confusion at all levels. That can't be good.

This has all gone very quiet. No pics of the production samples yet? They are running it a bit tight for an April release, although I notice the site has the release date as "coming soon". Not sure if it has always said that, but I wonder if that means that there is another delay.

Yeah the new companion announcement today reminded me how badly I'm itching for my 11! I'm still interested in Amy, too, but really would like to have my figure to decide if I really want her as well...

I'm still fine with them working out issues on it, of course, but think it'd be a good time for an update on how it's going.

In future, I think it'd be great if Big Chief was able to send emails to people who'd pre-ordered on a more regular basis with updates. Just a thought.

I'm curious if they'll make Jenna-Louise Coleman.

Yeah the new companion announcement today reminded me how badly I'm itching for my 11! I'm still interested in Amy, too, but really would like to have my figure to decide if I really want her as well...

I'm still fine with them working out issues on it, of course, but think it'd be a good time for an update on how it's going.

In future, I think it'd be great if Big Chief was able to send emails to people who'd pre-ordered on a more regular basis with updates. Just a thought.

To be quite fair, BC is far better than any company I have ever dealt with in communicating their internal affairs with their customers.

I'm curious if they'll make Jenna-Louise Coleman.

Probably will, depending on reaction to her. But I'm sure they have a bit of a backlist to go through with, at the least, Ten, Four and the Weeping Angel.

If they make the new comp. before Four I predict blood in the streets.

To be quite fair, BC is far better than any company I have ever dealt with in communicating their internal affairs with their customers.

This is my first experience with a long pre-order of this type, so I don't have a comparison. I think BC is doing a very good job and I'm pleased overall. It's really not a complaint, just a suggestion that it's been the amount of time between one update and the next where I'd be more at ease with some info.

Well, I've done long pre-orders with NO emails about status - but those gave a pretty specific timeframe and never ran over. So I guess it's always a mixed bag ;)

Probably will, depending on reaction to her. But I'm sure they have a bit of a backlist to go through with, at the least, Ten, Four and the Weeping Angel.

Given the weeping angels will appear in Rory and Amy's last episode it now seems like a great choice - wonder if BC knew when they announced it?

It'll be interesting to see how the companion change affects final orders for Amy. There always seems to be a dip for past companions once the shiny new thing is here.

Actually that's the only thing that's not needed...

Seconded. Rory's just not that lovable or has a real proper screen presence. I think companion-wise, fans would more buy Rose/Donna/Sarah-jane/Leela or River Song as they had more of a presence than Rory ever did. I mean even when he died in series 5, it didnt resonate. But lets say when rose gets trapped in a parallel world but yet still alive, there were tears galore..

Though it goes without saying, I'd definitely be one of the legions amassing to buy a Captain Jack...Now IMO that should be the only companion worth contemplating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back