New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

I've noticed that most brown suited figures do indeed look blue. It's a contrast, the lighter colours always are clearer.

And the shoes aren't white, but beige. ;)

Looks like the brown suit to me in that picture...and he's certainly wearing the cream chucks. Yes I know you can get additional clothing and dress him as you like later but it would be silly to sell a Ten figure with an inaccurate outfit. IMO

I usually prefer the blue suit but since I've set my mind to displaying Ten with Arthur the horse I'd actually prefer brown suit with swirly tie now.

Looks like the brown suit to me in that picture...and he's certainly wearing the cream chucks. Yes I know you can get additional clothing and dress him as you like later but it would be silly to sell a Ten figure with an inaccurate outfit. IMO

I usually prefer the blue suit but since I've set my mind to displaying Ten with Arthur the horse I'd actually prefer brown suit with swirly tie now.

Not from a business standpoint, I wouldn't support the idea but I'd understand why they would do it that way if they did.

Guys we are developing the brown suit with cream/white shoes.
The BIG Chief Team

Ordered Amy, I just can't restrict myself.

The BIG Chief Team

Good, now I just need a white horse...

How big are the chances of you guys making 1/6 horses? Or at least one (Arthur)? Possible or not at all?

You can actually buy some pretty nice 1:6 horses. I remember looking around for a pony for my LOTR Sam figure.

Edit: Yes. What Xeno said. :lecture

A friend of mine bought one of them (I think it was the one in a running pose) and bleached it. I don't know what the exact name of the product was but it was a very soft kind and didn't ruin the fur or anything. I believe people use it to make drawings on black shirts. I haven't really looked on eBay for these so I don't know what they're worth or if they're rare but if you find a darker one I'd try just painting it or bleaching it with soft products.

The BIG Chief Team

:goodpost: I have got to say your communication re. your products etc is the best I've come across since the early days of Sideshow. Obviously you are limited by commercial, legal and artistic considerations, as even I am as an author, but very well done guys on keeping us very well informed. :clap:clap:hi5:

Now when's 10's ETA :lol

Liz, get a Marx Thunderbolt and paint it. It is a well-sculpted horse at a good price and, with a little work, it can look stunning.

AgTIa.jpg

If the suit is the one he wore in his first series maybe the hair will be the same rather than the quiff he adopted later... in fact, in as much as its possible to see from the few pixels we have here the hair does look like his series 2 hair. Presumably the plan is for a later blue suit and altered head.

As for the suit being brown, already it looks like the same problem we've had with all the 5" figures - the blue pinstripe makes a predominantly brown suit look blue. What I hope BC do is go heavy on the brown - I would even suggest that they don't look for material with blue pinstripe. Seriously, if you paint a Tennant 5" figure brown with no pinstripe at all it instantly looks more accurate. I know this is counter-intuitive but it works!

Ok. I'm weak. Preordered.

Liz, get a Marx Thunderbolt and paint it. It is a well-sculpted horse at a good price and, with a little work, it can look stunning.

Nah, I think that looks crappy. And I prefer the furry ones. Breyer horses are great despite being plastic but sadly not available in that scale.

Bleaching a brown one might work and I need a brown one as well anyway but I don't want a running one. Standing on that base with just one hoof, I'm worried it could fall over, especially if you put a figure on it.

Hopefully some standing or trotting ones will show up on ebay someday. :pray:

Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

Does anybody know if BigChiefStudios will be having any sort of wait list for the Signature version? I am new to Doctor Who, but just completed watching season six, and Matt Smith has really charmed me as the Doctor. I think he does a great job with the character and the writing is a lot of fun by season 4-6. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

I want 1/6 scale 4th Doctor so bad:yess: :panic:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back