New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

I'll have a hard time saying "no" to any of Tom's female companions.

Hey guys! tell me what you think of this so far, it's my first real attempt at life sculpting.

2012-03-10014942.jpg

2012-03-10014832.jpg

2012-03-10014733.jpg

2012-03-10014703.jpg

..any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!:) ( I hope you can tell who it's meant to be)

Last edited:

I would recommend posting it in the customs section where people who know about sculpting can lend you advice. Here it is just plain off topic. (waaaaaaaay off topic). :lol

I hope a lot of people are pre-ordering Amy (BBTS for me, same as the 11th doctor). She is not my favourite companion but I really want Big Chief to make Rose and that will never happen without decent sales for Amy.

I would recommend posting it in the customs section where people who know about sculpting can lend you advice. Here it is just plain off topic. (waaaaaaaay off topic). :lol

It's Matt Smith!:dunno , and fyi I have also posted it in my art thread.

Amy does actually look much better, I may end up picking her up, I feel 11 would look best with a companion.

Having watched the 11th hour the other day I hope they do a police/kissagram expansion pack

We'll see what happens once she comes out and I see some in-hand pics... but right now I've officially decided I'm passing. I think she's nice in some ways just not $200 nice... but I could have my mind changed. If they announced some expansion packs for her I would be especially swayed as part of my displeasure is really more the aesthetics of the outfit. It's well made, just not my favorite look.

Well I have a feeling that the price is as high as it is because they are keeping the production numbers low. So trying to get Amy down the road might be a gamble... but we'll see. :dunno

We'll see what happens once she comes out and I see some in-hand pics... but right now I've officially decided I'm passing. I think she's nice in some ways just not $200 nice... but I could have my mind changed. If they announced some expansion packs for her I would be especially swayed as part of my displeasure is really more the aesthetics of the outfit. It's well made, just not my favorite look.

Agreed on all counts. Once I have 11 in hand, and then see in hand pics of Amy, then I'll decide if I need to lay down that sort of cash for her. Right now I'm just not taking that leap on a character who isn't a favourite (though I like her just fine) and a piece I'm so far not blown away by (but again, isn't bad or anything). Plus I've taken my leap of faith on 11, so I'd like to see how that pays off first anyhow.

I actually hope that in hand pics change my mind, and I don't think the regular version will be that hard to track down (if you want a sig version you pretty much have to take the leap right now though I'd say) but for now I'm officially waiting this one out.

Mind you if they announced a hard sculpted hair head was coming in an expansion pack then that would probably be enough to make me take the leap and bite right now. :lol

I guess one of the reasons why I'm grabbing Amy is that the two figures are more interesting together than separate. The Doctor is great, but the Doctor AND Amy Pond? That's a lot better. The two bases will connect together and they'll display nicely as a pair.

Well I have a feeling that the price is as high as it is because they are keeping the production numbers low. So trying to get Amy down the road might be a gamble... but we'll see. :dunno

PT, not sure if you were actually responding to me? I've no problem with the price in theory. I figured she'd be as much as the Doctor or maybe just a little less. It's whether the figure is worth it to me or not. I'd certainly LIKE to be swayed by some awesome in-hand shots. Just not there yet. I'm certainly not waiting for her to go down in price! :)

But, realistically, once I get the 11th Doctor, that might propel me even further one way or another too. :)

I actually hope that in hand pics change my mind, and I don't think the regular version will be that hard to track down (if you want a sig version you pretty much have to take the leap right now though I'd say) but for now I'm officially waiting this one out.

I would be surprised if she'll be that hard to track down. I'm not planning on waiting months and months or anything after she comes out. In fact, if there is any delay at all between it coming out in the UK and the US I'm guessing my mind will be made up then.

So... UK friends... post lots of pics of these figures when you get them! :)

I guess one of the reasons why I'm grabbing Amy is that the two figures are more interesting together than separate. The Doctor is great, but the Doctor AND Amy Pond? That's a lot better. The two bases will connect together and they'll display nicely as a pair.

:exactly::goodpost:

Still a lot of cash thou....:lol

I really want a Premium Tenth Doctor....better idea than releasing a 1/6 Amy Pond especially since there's still alot of fan divide between the Russell T Davies era and the Steven Moffatt era of Doctor who... It would have catered to both sides...

I really want a Premium Tenth Doctor....better idea than releasing a 1/6 Amy Pond especially since there's still alot of fan divide between the Russell T Davies era and the Steven Moffatt era of Doctor who... It would have catered to both sides...

Ten is next after Amy actually. Yes, Tennant/RTD fans have to wait a little longer than Smith/Moff fans for their figures but Tom Baker fans or fans of any other Doctor have to wait even longer...

EDIT: Ignore me, just realized you're talking about 1/4

Do you know what, BC, I didn't think i'd get Amy at all because I can't afford her; and I also thought that although I'd get Eleven I might wait for a few months, see how the production version turned out, and then buy him when I had a bit of spare cash - which almost never happens nowadays, but will probably happen at some point between now and the end of the year. I used to own A LOT of high end figures (and CO Doctor Who figures) but parenthood and the recession and the End Of Disposable Income have meant that my collection has been sold off in its entirety. Still, I promised myself I'd spring for Matt eventually. My kid loves Doctor Who and I know she'd go crazy to see figures like yours in the house (she'd want Amy, who she models herself on, so I was going to pretend there wasn't an Amy figure!).

However, I've spent the weekend running across pictures of Amy at various sites like GB and AICN; gone back to look at the pics on your site; thought about how much I love the character; over the last few days I've really fallen in love with the figure, and I've also decided that I don't want to wait to get Matt, I want to get him as soon as my local Forbidden Planet has him. So over the next couple of months I'm going to save up the three hundred quid I need to get these figures - go without a few things, cut down on stuff I don't really need - and buy them both as soon as they're out. They've made a huge impression on me and I love the idea of owning them.

Just... make them good, okay? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back