New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

I noticed that as well PT. :) LOL.

We were indeed the design team behind Harry Potter order of the pheonix range, golden compass as well! We also designed all the Doctor who, star wars and lord of the rings cookie jars not to mention the whole gift lines for star wars, potc and golden compass and also the statue range, bookends and cookie jar for Wallace and Gromit, so we have indeed got around lol

Very cool! I got the entire line of Golden Compass stuff. The Airship vehicle was so nicely done.

Who fans who aren't really 1/6 Collectors but want a Tom Baker figure with soft goods - maybe reminding them of the old Denys Fisher figures - would see the 10" Classic Doctors in FP and buy them as a cheaper alternative.

Well if people just want a soft-goods 4th Doctor than Biff Bang Pow have already beaten every one to the punch:

bbp4docb.jpg

I think the BBP stuff is a LOT of fun. So much better when you have them in hand then they look in the pictures. But they're no substitute for a high quality 12'' figure. People who buy these instead would likely never have gotten a BC figure any way.

For what they are, those BBP figures are spot on awesome.

As a new company we are all to well aware of the danger of announcing too much too soon, especially as we have not yet actually released a product. All too often products are announced that never see the light of day and we do not want to fall into that trap. All we can say is that our license covers both the current and classic series and that we are currently researching and gathering the necessary reference for the next classic release in the run up to the 50th anniversary. News and updates for this release will be fourth coming soon...
The BIG Chief Team

Haha! Great Freudian slip! :)

We understand. You must be dying to share your plans, but you're right to keep quiet until the time is right. Don't mind our speculations.

Any idea when Amy will be available for pre-order?

...fourth coming...

I'm with you guys; it does seem deliberate. :panic:

The Fourth Doctor is my most wanted from the classic series, so I'm hopeful he'll be coming sooner than later.

As for companions, I personally don't have the funds, but I would probably be content with just Rose. I never believed Rory and Amy's relationship, but Amy would come a close second mostly because I like her _____iness. Count me among the few who honestly really liked Donna too. I just wouldn't want a figure of her.

Also, am I alone in really wanting the Child (Jamie) from The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances?

NO. I would love an empty child in 1:6 too. :hi5:

hey, I loved Donna!

but I'd probably only want a figure of 11, 10 and Rose.

probably. I did love Donna...

Andy Pandy!

No, not really... :lol

Cool 1/6 scale 4th Doctor :yess::clap.

And please Big Chief, let the first sculpt be a smiling one... I want to see every one of Tom Baker's teeth. this is where BBP went wrong - their Tom looks too serious.

This is where expansion packs for Fourth will be great (if they do some for him, and to be honest why not?). They put out a neutral head on the main figure and then take a risk on another sculpt (smiling) for an expansion. Keeps everyone happy.

I hope we get 3 Tom head sculpts.

1975 serious
1975 smiling
1980 serious.

With hatted variants of course. :lol

Yes, I'd rather have a neutral face on the main figure. A lot of companies have gone with the smiling head first and sometimes it looks good... sometimes, not so much. I'm sure BC could do well with it, but I actually think it's a riskier way to go. I like the idea of it being offered in an expansion back though.

For a possible 4th figure, I wonder if it'd work to have his hair be removable so you could swap out hatted and non-hatted? Or if that's best done with a completely different head.

I hope we get 3 Tom head sculpts.

1975 serious
1975 smiling
1980 serious.

With hatted variants of course. :lol

Actually they might do a Meglos Tom too, consider how they're doing Ganger Eleven.

Yes, I'd rather have a neutral face on the main figure. A lot of companies have gone with the smiling head first and sometimes it looks good... sometimes, not so much. I'm sure BC could do well with it, but I actually think it's a riskier way to go. I like the idea of it being offered in an expansion back though.

For a possible 4th figure, I wonder if it'd work to have his hair be removable so you could swap out hatted and non-hatted? Or if that's best done with a completely different head.

I dunno. The work HT has done with PERS (specifically the Bruce Lee figure) makes the removable hair option seem really feasible. That would be wonderful!

I want the 4th Doctor's coat rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back