New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

You know, it must have sort of slipped by me in the flow of info, but on BC's site I just realized it states:

"On a positive note we are pleased to announce that our Amy Pond 1:6 Scale Collector Figure will be available at the same time as the Eleventh Doctor."

I didn't realize they were out at the same time! It seems a bit odd we've not seen final shots of Amy or had a pre-order yet then...

You know, it must have sort of slipped by me in the flow of info, but on BC's site I just realized it states:

"On a positive note we are pleased to announce that our Amy Pond 1:6 Scale Collector Figure will be available at the same time as the Eleventh Doctor."

I didn't realize they were out at the same time! It seems a bit odd we've not seen final shots of Amy or had a pre-order yet then...

Yes, I keep expecting it to show up. Assuming they ARE going to get them out in April, the release date is getting closer and closer. Is this a sign that they won't be releasing them both in April?

Was with Big Chief for around an hour today at the Spring Fair Trade Show....

As always, great bunch of guys...

Amy P looks fantastic, as always pics don't do it any justice, tailoring is great, Amy's hands are very very cool!!

And the 10th Doctor......WIP looking great so far...

Hopefully I will have the figures to display at my booth at LFCC in July.

Got to agree with Wai Man i saw the figures as well and had a very long conversation with the guys from Big Chief they are realy nice guys.The pictures do not do the jacket on The 11th Doctor justice i was very impressed and the Sideshow Star Wars style boxes look great. I loved the look of the stylized 11th Doctor they showed me too.It is a great shame that they can not get the James Bond license that they so covet.

So the 10th Doctor, can ye share with us what clothing they went with (brown stripped suit I'd imagine) and the sculpt expression?

Got to agree with Wai Man i saw the figures as well and had a very long conversation with the guys from Big Chief they are realy nice guys.The pictures do not do the jacket on The 11th Doctor justice i was very impressed and the Sideshow Star Wars style boxes look great. I loved the look of the stylized 11th Doctor they showed me too.It is a great shame that they can not get the James Bond license that they so covet.

Are Big Chief actually going after the bond licence?

Awesome. Hearing reports like this inspires my confidence that this line will be nothing short of incredible.

Yeah, I got chills too. If they are able to make Police Boxes I would be so glued to this line.

I just hope we get all three companions for the 10th doctor. In particular Big Chief has the chance to do the unthinkable and make a figure of female character that does not meet the criteria of youthful beauty: Donna Noble.

Can anyone imagine Hot Toys or Sideshow issuing a character like that?

I just hope we get all three companions for the 10th doctor. In particular Big Chief has the chance to do the unthinkable and make a figure of female character that does not meet the criteria of youthful beauty: Donna Noble.

Can anyone imagine Hot Toys or Sideshow issuing a character like that?

Can anyone imagine wanting them to?

:monkey3

LOL too true. youre probably more likely to see something like this as a custom figure than a full mass production run. i cant imagine big chief doing any other charactes other than the doc. and if they did, how could they sell enough to keep the line going

Didn't we have a report a few pages back that Rory and River are coming?

ETA: Oh, you said 10th! Well, if they are planning on giving us 3 for 11, I would guess the odds of getting Tennant's 3 girls are good, as long as the line does well.

Last edited:

A few things about the interview:

- I didn't realize they had worked at Cards, Inc. and Popco. I wonder if they had a hand in the wonderful—and sadly overlooked—Golden Compass line.

- I didn't realize the company was just a few people and some freelancers. Very impressive.

- Wooden boxes! Wooden boxes! In.... wood... oh that'd be amazing.

- Good for them for keeping on top of the standards of the factory. It's a good sign for a company to keep an eye on such things as it makes you think they are watching the details.

- As for the Daleks... go with the standard Dalek from the 9/10 years... I think that's a safe place to start.

- 4 a year sounds good. 6 wouldn't be bad. But I know it's baby steps.

- I wonder if their bodies will have a head sculpt or just be the body?

A few other notes: I'd love a Donna! I think there are quite a few people who would want a Donna. Enough to make it worthwhile? Well, not so sure.

:lol

Sure Hot Toys could do it. Now that I think about it, the T-2 Sarah Connor is neither young nor attractive. In fact the T-1000 version is down-right ugly. But Sarah has lots of guns and is from one of their beloved franchises. Donna and Sarah Jane Smith (older) not so much.

And yeah, no way would I want Sideshow to touch this licence, they would either mess it up or sex it up it in an inappropriate fashion.

I wonder what they did at Cards Inc? Their 3 3/4Harry Potter line was much underrated and completely awesome.

:lol

Sure Hot Toys could do it. Now that I think about it, the T-2 Sarah Connor is neither young nor attractive. In fact the T-1000 version is down-right ugly. But Sarah has lots of guns and is from one of their beloved franchises. Donna and Sarah Jane Smith (older) not so much.

And yeah, no way would I want Sideshow to touch this licence, they would either mess it up or sex it up it in an inappropriate fashion.

Yes I could see hot toys making a Donna noble ..she would right up there street!:rolleyes2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back