NEW Alien vs Predator videogame details!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just completed marine campaign on nightmare difficulty... never has a game given me such bad hockey temper before :gah: Good game though, bring on colonial marines :yess:

I commend you good sir. I am currently struggling with this. I'm on the temple level and just got super frustrated, went to do the Pred campaign. I finished that and will prob go through the Alien on nightmare before I go for the marine campaign again...:gah:

I tried this, but it literally to the end of the first level and died when I shot an alien and its blood killed me.
man that happened to me so many times :lol

I commend you good sir. I am currently struggling with this. I'm on the temple level and just got super frustrated, went to do the Pred campaign. I finished that and will prob go through the Alien on nightmare before I go for the marine again...:gah:

Which part are you stuck on?

Just finished alien on nightmare, pretty easy. On to the pred campaign :yess:

SEGA Pulling Support For Aliens vs. Predator
Written Thursday, July 15, 2010 By Richard Walker

With new DLC arriving for Aliens vs. Predator only last week, it seems like an unusual decision for SEGA to suddenly decide to remove future support for the title, but that's what a SEGA community administrator has posted on a SEGA forum regarding the matter.

Assistant Community Manager, Clumsyorchid writes: "I've just received a mail this AM regarding patches for the console versions of AVP and I regret to inform everyone that these have sadly been scrapped.

"I had previously made a claim that these were coming and at the time, this was very much on the table. For the console community, I apologise, as I know there are many features and updates that you'd like to see. I'll keep fighting internally for this to happen, but until I hear otherwise, there will not be a console patch for either Xbox or PS3."

The move to cancel patches and other updates for AvP has obviously upset the community who still play the game on a regular basis, and as such they're looking to rally support to voice their collective concern to SEGA. You can join in over at AvP.net.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5719-SEGA-Pulling-Support-For-Aliens-vs--Predator.html

Anyone still play this game?
I just got it for the PC, its currently on sale for $9.99 on steam

Last edited:
started playing this game today.
this game is being in my backlog for a while so might as well get it done.
Playing the predator first ofcourse.
playing it on pc with directx11 and cranked all the way looks amazing.
man being a predator is bad *** but those dam marines have super hearing or something I am sneaking up right behind them cloaked and some of them turned arround. screw that you would never hear a predator coming. anyways is fun so far.

Dammit. Thought there was a new AVP game in the works,then I found out it was this f'n game. While playing the pred was fun,everything else sucked. It is the only game I hated so much that I kept it. I kept it just to throw it across the room when I get frusterated with other games. Saved me from purchasing at least two PS3 controllers.

Dammit. Thought there was a new AVP game in the works,then I found out it was this f'n game. While playing the pred was fun,everything else sucked. It is the only game I hated so much that I kept it. I kept it just to throw it across the room when I get frusterated with other games. Saved me from purchasing at least two PS3 controllers.

hahahahaha!!

Yeah.....sometimes this thread gets me too. This is the second time I've been tricked. Just now I got excited thinking something new got announced.

I thought playing as the Alien was awesome too.

Too bad the multiplayer never got patched, and the community died quickly. I enjoyed it for awhile, now the game is basically only good for playing story mode.

Whatever the case, AVP3 is a AAA title compared to the Alien turd Gearbox just squeezed out.

Seriously. I actually want to replay this now.

This game is like...the Natural Ice of Alien/Predator games. Not that good. And you never have a craving for it.

But once you tasted the vomit crusted turd juice that is Aliens Colon Marines,...Natty Ice is goddamn magical.

Why do they keep making these in 1st person? They pay lots of money for the license then hide the awesome models behind the camera :slap

The only time I got a good look at the different Predators was during the character select screen.. seriously now...

-

Why do they keep making these in 1st person? They pay lots of money for the license then hide the awesome models behind the camera :slap

The only time I got a good look at the different Predators was during the character select screen.. seriously now...

-

I think it's the best perspective to play it, at least with the marines, cause it's all about the tense atmosphere.

But I think 3rd person would work too for the Predator and The alien at least. cause the main focus is the hunting, maybe some Assassins Creed-like mechanics.

Did anyone play PREDATOR: Concrete Jungle for the X-Box?

It wasn't exactly the most refined 3rd-person Predator game and could've used some fine tuning but as a Predator fan, I had a lot of fun playing it. Pretty solid story with it too.

Did anyone play PREDATOR: Concrete Jungle for the X-Box?

It wasn't exactly the most refined 3rd-person Predator game and could've used some fine tuning but as a Predator fan, I had a lot of fun playing it. Pretty solid story with it too.

Very underrated game IMO. Graphics for the Predator and the main characters were pretty good too (misc. enemies and NPC's could have used some work though). The camera was wonky as hell but I mastered it within the first hour of playing, just one of those things you have to give an honest shot.

I'd love another game like CJ. The third-person was very satisfying and I felt more like the creature due to being able to perform stunts and acrobatics to get around. The way it should be.

I think it's the best perspective to play it, at least with the marines, cause it's all about the tense atmosphere.

But I think 3rd person would work too for the Predator and The alien at least. cause the main focus is the hunting, maybe some Assassins Creed-like mechanics.

That would kick all kinds of asses.

Back