New 1/6 line of LOTR figures by Asmus Toys!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that they keep mentioning creatures, i can't think of any creature that could be feasible in 1/6 scale, maybe shelob.

I hope they do theoden in his armor, that would be a great figure.

I forgot his name, but that orc with the messed up arm who led the assault on Minas Tirith would be an awesome edition for the bad guys.

Last edited:
Sent Asmus an email to get some kind of timeline and this is what I got back.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your great support and anticipation. We are working on several characters simultaneously at moment. It is expected at the end of February we will start a full sequence of promotions for the next two years.

The Lord of the Rings project is scheduled to be a 5-year program, including a complete series of characters and creatures. We are just excited as you are.

Please keep following our facebook fan page or website and give us any suggestions or comments at will.

Best regards,
Asmus Toys
That's good news! Sounds like they are serious about this. Hoping for the best. Tackling Viggo's sculpt is going to be a pain I bet. That man has a tough face to capture properly.

I forgot his name, but that orc with the messed up arm who led the assault on Minas Tirith would be an awesome edition for the bad guys.

Gothmog...

Gothmog%20on%20Warg03.jpg

Should I hold off on picking up some Sideshow Lotr figures and wait for these? Quality guesses compared to Sideshow?

I am highly disappointed that Sideshow will not be doing these.

However...I love the story so much that I hope these guys do the figures justice. If they do, I will be a loyalist with the line.

I hope the line extends to more obscure characters, especialy with the orcs.

Had to search around a bit for his name but i'd love a Gorbag figure.
Gorbag.jpg

I think sideshows Star Wars line is a good example of what i hope this line becomes, at least where character variety is concerned.

I think the baddies would be great and they could use alot of the same parts i.e. base body and some of the armour, then different shoulder armour and head sculpt.

I'd really like a 1/6 Sauron. Sideshow's premium format is awesome, but it's a little too expensive for me.

:yess: can't wait to see how these turn out....seems like SS won't ever pick up their 1:6 line anyway so fingers crossed these turn out ok! :pray:

Still really frustrates me that SS haven't picked their line up again...surely there is enough demand for it?

Some do, but in MANY cases it's becuase there is NO other option.

Me, I do without. I.... dislike most statues

I don't know about that. I've been collecting stuff based on Middle-earth long enough to feel quite comfortable saying its most of the collectors. That's not to say people wont dip into both like I would but if most had to choose I believe they'd pick statues.

I don't know about that. I've been collecting stuff based on Middle-earth long enough to feel quite comfortable saying its most of the collectors. That's not to say people wont dip into both like I would but if most had to choose I believe they'd pick statues.

I really do think the biggest part of that is because they started out with statues and no figures. So when these people start up their Middle Earth collections, it was with statues and busts, not figures. So by the time Sideshow got to the figures, too many of their collectors were heavily invested in poly and didn't want to make the switch or add another type of collectible to the collection. So at this point, yeah, they really do prefer statues, but that might not have been the case had there been more options when Sideshow originally started with LotR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back