New 1/6 line of LOTR figures by Asmus Toys!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF theyre smart, they'll go good guy, badguy.

Start with gimli, then a ringwraith, then Merry, then an orc, then Pippin, then an urik-hai, then random hero, and Sauron.

From there, make whatever :lol

Yea I agree and like that order as well. Gimli should definitely be the first good guy they do. I'd prefer Saruman before a ringwraith though but I really don't care as along as they don't stop with just 2 or 4. I want a whole line like they say in their announcement.

Let's see what they can do with the license. Don't know anything about the company but they have a chance to make a name for themselves if they don't screw it up with lousy sculpts, poor tailoring and bad QC. They have a major license. Sideshow didn't do much in the 1:6 figure arena, although their statues look good. Gentle Giant was in and out of the 1:6 busts, although some of the sculpts were quite good. If they do quality pieces I'll definitely be in because I've want a great 1:6 LotR line, and Sideshow seems to be putting the brakes on the PFs.

Well, LotR 1/6 has always been 100% a customizing hobby for me, so if I just get some decent new parts out of this, I'm good. So long as the price is reasonable for the quality, that is. Hope they dive into army builders and armored stuff quickly.

Great news! I remember contacting Asmus Toys two years ago about potentially doing LOTR customs but they were still undecided. Glad they changed their mind. As long as the costumes and accessories are good I'll be happy. Custom heads can always be made; it's the other parts that are difficult.

Great news! I remember contacting Asmus Toys two years ago about potentially doing LOTR customs but they were still undecided. Glad they changed their mind. As long as the costumes and accessories are good I'll be happy. Custom heads can always be made; it's the other parts that are difficult.

I don't mind a bit of futzing to make figures look good but having to buy a custom head separately just to make the figure look good seems a bit of a cop out for a company that's embarking on a major license. HT didn't start out amazing but their figures did improve in leaps and bounds, and now we have the brilliant likenesses and outfits of today. Same with Big Chief studios. I've always been curious why there's not been more efforts to produce high quality LOTR figures, so I'm hopeful this will be Asmus' big break.

I'll be in this line mostly for the forces of evil; Ring Wraiths, orcs, etc; so i won't be too dissapointed if the human head sculpts aren't up to snuff. That said, if they do a decent Gimli i'd probably buy that.

...and as for sideshow?

I wouldn't bring the ring within 100 leagues of their city...

not after the way they treated us. Disgusting.

I actually laughed out loud with that one! :rotfl

Well, LotR 1/6 has always been 100% a customizing hobby for me, so if I just get some decent new parts out of this, I'm good. So long as the price is reasonable for the quality, that is. Hope they dive into army builders and armored stuff quickly.

Agreed. I've got a custom Gimli, Pip and Merry that will probably never be equalled, unless done by HT.

Looking forward to more information on this. But I'm hoping that before they start redoing any of the SS figures previously done, that they start with some fresh characters. Saruman, Theoden, Orcs and Uruk-kais come to mind.

I don't mind a bit of futzing to make figures look good but having to buy a custom head separately just to make the figure look good seems a bit of a cop out for a company that's embarking on a major license. HT didn't start out amazing but their figures did improve in leaps and bounds, and now we have the brilliant likenesses and outfits of today. Same with Big Chief studios. I've always been curious why there's not been more efforts to produce high quality LOTR figures, so I'm hopeful this will be Asmus' big break.

:goodpost:

I would've still much more preferred it if HT got the license,
but I guess Asmus Toys can surprise us. They only need to hire
good artists anyway.

These guys need to get a PO going soon to ride the wave of the movie release.

Seeing their new statue gives me hope in their sculpting/painting skills. It's not an LOTR piece but it looks really nice

576359_10151142367226968_1910476747_n.jpg

It looks nice, but that's like gauging the SSC 1/6 line against the SSC PF line. Sure, PF sculpts look great, but that doesn't mean that 1/6 scale sculpts are always great.

It shows they can do anime that's all. :lecture

It looks nice, but that's like gauging the SSC 1/6 line against the SSC PF line. Sure, PF sculpts look great, but that doesn't mean that 1/6 scale sculpts are always great.

It shows they can do anime that's all. :lecture

1/6 Gandalf, Faramir, Boromir, Frodo and Sam. All great sculpts from SS hidden behind terrible-mediocre paint apps

What the above pic shows is they know how to sculpt nice details and that their paint apps are pretty nice too and better from when they did the DMC stuff which looked and stayed very rough from proto to production

These guys need to get a PO going soon to ride the wave of the movie release.

Don't worry. There's 2 more movies coming and the hype won't ebb for a looong time. They timed the announcement very well.

So theoratically if the make a Sauron, how big would that sucker be in 1/6 scale? Is there like a size chart somewhere because in the film he seemed at least twice the size of the human characters.

Not as a 1:6 figure.

Edit: that's what I get for not refreshing before I post. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back