NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rambo looks amazing an he's still on progress,
looks like they gave him beefier biceps than Rocky, hope they beef up his pecs, they look a bit weak for Rambo. Portrait looks great.

Clearly it looks like a rushed job. He' not even wearing the belt with the sheath and the knife.

You're right, I didn't even notice that. This is one of those times where I think the final product will look better than this rushed prototype. As of now I'd be embarrassed to even show this thing.

Even though the public sees stuff, Toy Fair is more about declaring your product line and having samples of what's to come for the year than showing off finished products, if I remember right First Blood Rambo had blu tac holding his arm in place.

It doesn't bother me, the missing pieces are clearly cuz of it being early
stage and what I do see looks like the makings of a great figure, I'm more impressed by this already than the early First Bloof proto, the paint on it hardly looked like Sly but thankfully the final product was better, an if this already looks good it can only get better, glad the M60s coming too.

Even though the public sees stuff, Toy Fair is more about declaring your product line and having samples of what's to come for the year than showing off finished products, if I remember right First Blood Rambo had blu tac holding his arm in place.

It doesn't bother me, the missing pieces are clearly cuz of it being early
stage and what I do see looks like the makings of a great figure, I'm more impressed by this already than the early First Bloof proto, the paint on it hardly looked like Sly but thankfully the final product was better, an if this already looks good it can only get better, glad the M60s coming too.

]

I understand that, but I posted this picture of the prototype 4 months ago, and I feel that NECA had more than enough time to make sure the proto looked great for Toy Fair, but instead the focused more on the Alien and Predator lines. Those protos look awesome. I do agree that the Rambo 2 proto looks better than the FB1 versions, and it seems that the final product will look amazing, but still, I wish they would give Rambo the same effort and time they seem to give their other lines.

]

I understand that, but I posted this picture of the prototype 4 months ago, and I feel that NECA had more than enough time to make sure the proto looked great for Toy Fair, but instead the focused more on the Alien and Predator lines. Those protos look awesome. I do agree that the Rambo 2 proto looks better than the FB1 versions, and it seems that the final product will look amazing, but still, I wish they would give Rambo the same effort and time they seem to give their other lines.

This. Sometimes I feel like a bit of a d*ck complaining and feeling like a company "owes" me or whatever, but when you look at the alien and pred displays which have between them, over 10 figures, powerloader and a freakin SHIP and for this they wheel a out a half assed proto that they've been working on for months. They haven't even shown the other figure in the line (with the bow). At the end of the day we are the people that will be buying the thing and it's hard to appreciate a company making a product when they don't really try and sell it to you. It smacks of "this doesn't really make us much money so here you go, take or leave it"

My thoughts exactly BazookaJoe.

Though I know the final product will (hopefully) look better, this Rambo looks like ****. NECA has been working on this for months, they even showed us the picture with all of his weapons a while back, and this is what they have to show for it? Not impressed. Good thing there's about 57 "Kenner tribute" Predators, those look really good. :slap :lol

When is this scheduled for anyway? Because they have shown two waves of preds that look good to go but aren't till the end of the year, makes me worry considering this is nowhere near ready. I'd rather take a delay till next year than them rush it out in the summer

June. Plenty of time to make things right.

Thanks.

I do have faith in them, there's not really anything major to fix it's just sloppiness when compared to other stuff they've shown. I think with how underwhelming the Robocop reveal was from them, the terminator line being dead (unless those rumoured kenner repaints happen *shudder*) and no humans in the pred line this is the only line they have that I'm interested in and actually has an active future. I just hope they don't screw it up that bad that no one buys this and the line gets cancelled way too early

I know this figure looks rough and they had a lot of parts well along some time back, but I also know, as few Rambo figures as they do, it's not a priority, they might have been spending more time on those weapons and hadn't even started on his face. One of their sculptors has been having some serious family issues that have been discussed on Twitter as well, so as much as it sucks for some of us cuz Rambo's all we care about from them, I just know from following them as a company, Rambo doesn't fall high on a priority list, and I'm just glad they're doing more than First Blood. Predators and Aliens are hot for them just like for Hot Toys, so they're getting a lot of effort, Pacific Rim has proven big so that's getting a lot, they've got Godzilla, both the new movie and bigger news, classic Godzilla figures which is not a license easily obtained, so I'm sure that's getting more attention. As sloppy as this may look, it's just there to show what's coming out this year to the dealers and such who sell their products and the press.

Btw, likeness looks amazing here, even better than in the unpainted image.

DSCN75422.JPG

That looks great. Lets hope they paint the eyes looking straight ahead, and not up. This figure has a lot of potential. Now, if NECA could just make a new Beetlejuice with the new articulation, that would be awesome :lol

At least the eyes look alive and intense, even if up, NECA seems to often make Stallone look sleepy with their paint.

I just want the body to be bulked up, as nice as the Rocky figures are, they look toned but not as muscular as Sly.

rambo2-18.jpg

rambo2rain.jpg

This is the Rocky body, and you can tell the Rambo arms are new sculpts, thankfully, maybe the body will be too in the end.

8402028505_5bf0908690_o.jpg

But look at Sly in Rocky 4.

SylvesterStallone_mike_r.jpg

ROCKY-4-Sylvester-Stallone%2B%25282%2529.jpg

The body just seems generic, though I do feel if it's the same parts, it's looking better on Rambo, but still not totally there.

The chest could definitely be bigger on the Rocky figures, that's for sure. Though I think all of the body sculpts used for their Rocky figures have been extremely accurate, despite minor flaws. The biceps do seem a lot bigger on Rambo, though I think they may be recycled from Dutch. The sculpt looks really good, the paint is just ruining it. Hopefully we get a tank top version as well, I have a feeling it'll be this same figure with a new head sculpt.

Back