NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up Knifehead and Gypsy today...passed on Crimson might go get him later if I end up really liking the movie

Found them all at my TRU here in FL yesterday. Loving CT, I could pose him all damn day!
1004400_600745906612298_48274870_n.jpg

^^^does look very cool!

got gipsy and knifehead, both were kinda meh alone but together good fun. been adding some silver scuff marks to gipsy so it looks closer to the proto. shame it didnt include open hands and the chain swords, cmon neca? oh f*@ck i can see it now, a BD 2 pack with gipsy that will have the chain swords and open hands vs flying kaiju...

the proto pic of 18" gipsy looks great with the clear plastic visor in helmet and working lights.

Finally saw these at the TRU near my job. Gipsy looked great. 2 of the 3 Crimson Typhoons had broken arms. And Knife head looked cool. I will prob pick up Gipsy and Crimson this weekend.

Knifehead is a bit statue-like, but he's pretty darned cool looking.
Gypsy Danger's artic is hindered by the design, I think, but can still achieve some cool poses and has great detail.
Crimson Typhoon is definitely my favorite as far as articulation and design so far.

9103242391_e69bf879d2_c.jpg

9105470706_077b79666d_c.jpg

9103240311_8c9cf96034_c.jpg

9103240085_451b8d9f2a_c.jpg

9105470748_f1978352d9_c.jpg

9103239823_872d144554_c.jpg

So I just got back from toys r us and the Jipsy Danger that was there did NOT look like that, he had three black paint spots on the visor and the white dot on the forehead wasn't centered, I almost bought it thinking they were all like that, kind of battle damaged. There was three Crimson's and all three looked different with the paint apps, only one looked nice so I picked up crimson and Knifehead hoping Jipsy was just subjected to bad paint. I'll have to hold out for a better looking one.

Also am I the only one that thinks it's weird that Crimson has 2 of his three arms on ball joints but his front right is a swivel joint? why would they do that?

No one has the giant Cloverfield figure? That'd be a perfect one for them to fight.

If I pick one up, i'll do just that. But only after the movie comes out. :D

No one has the giant Cloverfield figure? That'd be a perfect one for them to fight.

If I pick one up, i'll do just that. But only after the movie comes out. :D

I have it, I'm going to put my Clover up against the 18" Gipsy Danger when it comes out.

My TRU finally got these in. I picked up all three. Wasn't crazy about Crimson Typhoon, but I bought him anyway. Knifehead is a very cool design, but pretty useless for posing. He's basically a plastic statue. Gipsy Danger is my favorite. Got mine in a running and fist swinging pose right now. Love it.

crimson typhoon ftw!

as i mentioned picked up gipsy and knifehead so went back for crimson just to complete the set and at 14.99 why not? but holy **** i was not expecting it to be as cool as it is, so much fun to pose. great figure!! best in the line by far based on posing.

added some silver scuffs around edges of some of the armor as i did with gipsy with a silver paint maker, does look cool. def recommend others doin the same. easy to do and adds alto to increase the real metal appearance.

I haven't opened my Crimson Typhoon, so maybe that's why I'm not in love with him. The design just doesn't grab me like Gipsy Danger does.

I hope they make more Kaiju figures later on. Monsters > Robots.

I haven't opened my Crimson Typhoon, so maybe that's why I'm not in love with him. The design just doesn't grab me like Gipsy Danger does.

I hope they make more Kaiju figures later on. Monsters > Robots.

i agree, the design is ... :slap yeah also was not feelin it until i had the fig in hand. really is that type of thing i swear. its like meh.. to whoah?! :rock2

def hoping for more. we have seen proto for one more, Striker Eureka. guess that will in next wave. im also hoping for another gipsy with open hands and chain swords in this smaller scale. im sure the 1/4 will be the definitive ver tho.

wants the kaiju in this clip to be in next wave badly..
elbow rocket!
https://www.aintitcool.com/node/63087

All 3 are on ball joints on mine. One of them was really stiff, but the range of motion is there.

Thanks, I was trying to get the arm to move out the it broke on me, I looked at the joint and it's been glued, not sure how but that's why there was no movement on mine.

Thanks, I was trying to get the arm to move out the it broke on me, I looked at the joint and it's been glued, not sure how but that's why there was no movement on mine.

That's strange. I wonder if someone is running around all glue-happy at the NECA factory. I recently bought the Freddy Krueger furnace diorama and it had the door glued shut.

That's strange. I wonder if someone is running around all glue-happy at the NECA factory. I recently bought the Freddy Krueger furnace diorama and it had the door glued shut.

LOL it wouldn't bother me so much but these figures are no where in the area where I live. I was out of town and saw them and picked them up. Knifehead is awesome, can't wait to get a Gipsy Danger, depending on how the movie turns out I might get one of the sideshow statues, the Danger looks crazy awesome.

It's weird, there have been quite a lot of breakage due to glued parts on the NECA Aliens figures, too. Not sure what's going on there.

Crimson Typhoon is DEFINITELY better out of the package. I didn't love the design that much until I played with him.

I really wish we had a detailed city diorama for these guys to smash around in.

Back