NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA is always good value. 1/4 scale with decent quality and light up feature under $100, who else would do that?

You do understand how scale works, right?

A 1/4 Jaeger would still be as tall as a building.

A 1/4 scale 400 foot robot would be...100 feet tall. :lecture

slowpoke_zps5e0dba67.gif

Hmmm . . .

Ordered my set today. Pretty disappointed TRU is not carrying these, but looking forward to getting them.

My sons making their own jaeger like in the online app:
null-24.jpg

Crimson Typhoon is the best of the wave.
Gipsy has poor shoulder articulation. Hips arent great either.
Knife head is a real 80s articulation toy and seems small compared to the Jaegers. It might be correct though.

The sculpts are great.

Ordered my set today. Pretty disappointed TRU is not carrying these, but looking forward to getting them.

so this is true for sure? toy r us is not carrying them? where did you get the info?

wondering if checkin my local rus for them is a waste of time.

I just picked these up at TRU today! $15 each! I almost passed, but it was too good a price not to get them.

nice will be checking my TRU, on hold with them now. :)

thks JonWes & Unclechopchop!

Knifehead is a bit statue-like, but he's pretty darned cool looking.
Gypsy Danger's artic is hindered by the design, I think, but can still achieve some cool poses and has great detail.
Crimson Typhoon is definitely my favorite as far as articulation and design so far.

9103242391_e69bf879d2_c.jpg

9105470706_077b79666d_c.jpg

9103240311_8c9cf96034_c.jpg

9103240085_451b8d9f2a_c.jpg

9105470748_f1978352d9_c.jpg

9103239823_872d144554_c.jpg

Man these look sweet, Im really not liking gypsy's design though, that "popped collar " thing is lame

I did get the crimson, but I'm not gonna lie. The mecha design on these things are kinda lame. I've collected Japanese toys all my life, and the design on these are kinda eh. If anybody wants to see some real good robot designs, look up five star stories. The crimson design ripped off the Ashura Temple and maybe a little general grievous from star wars.
Apples and oranges, but it still bothers me a little bit. My dumbass bought one, so that doesn't say much.

I found these here but the paints on Gypsy Danger are AWFUL.

he looked like he was finger painted by a toddler. oh my god he looked so awful.

and it was not only one figure, all of them looked like crap. they all had some really horrible problem with their paint. The store was charging 26 bucks too... what a ripoff

crimson had much better paints, but the head of the robot looked really bad too.

I found these here but the paints on Gypsy Danger are AWFUL.

he looked like he was finger painted by a toddler. oh my god he looked so awful.

and it was not only one figure, all of them looked like crap. they all had some really horrible problem with their paint. The store was charging 26 bucks too... what a ripoff

crimson had much better paints, but the head of the robot looked really bad too.

I actually returned mine. It does look kinda suck.

My Gypsy had good paint apps, but it was the only one in the store that I'd say that about. Crimson Typhoon was sort of similar, the hardest part being the head as mentioned. But I was happy with the ones I got, especially for $15.

Where are you guys finding these? Both of my nearby TRU stores have nothing and the employees just look at me like I'm crazy when I ask about them. Getting frustrated over here.

Back