NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're out here in the states, I've seen a reviewer on youtube filmed his haul from Frank n Sons I believe which is based in California. He bought the whole wave including Knifehead. He said also the review should be up soon. I'm eager to see it out of the box as well.

They're out here in the states, I've seen a reviewer on youtube filmed his haul from Frank n Sons I believe which is based in California. He bought the whole wave including Knifehead. He said also the review should be up soon. I'm eager to see it out of the box as well.

Just because Frank and Sons has them doesn't mean they're out at US general retail yet.

Man, I hate to be the whinger here but that fig looks really disappointing. The sculpt and paint both look decent but not up to par with some of neca's other stuff, it's not their fault because that's the design they have to work with but the Prometheus engineer was pretty much a uniform grey as well but managed to look way more impressive.
The articulation looks really poor as well, not much more than the restrictive 5 POA of yester year, these days with the huge improvements neca has made with articulation in their figures its disappointing when they release one that feels like a step back.
"I'll see it in hand first before I make my final judgement" and all that but from that video i'm a lot less excited for the kaiju from this line.

Man, I hate to be the whinger here but that fig looks really disappointing. The sculpt and paint both look decent but not up to par with some of neca's other stuff, it's not their fault because that's the design they have to work with but the Prometheus engineer was pretty much a uniform grey as well but managed to look way more impressive.
The articulation looks really poor as well, not much more than the restrictive 5 POA of yester year, these days with the huge improvements neca has made with articulation in their figures its disappointing when they release one that feels like a step back.
"I'll see it in hand first before I make my final judgement" and all that but from that video i'm a lot less excited for the kaiju from this line.

I'm going to have to disagree. That made me more excited for this, I'm not expecting a bunch of articulation like revoltech but enough so he's not a statue, which he seems to have. The detail and paint apps look pretty close to what we see in the movie. But i'm looking at something I can put on my desk at home with a Jeager or two and this looks sweet. for 18 bucks i'm not expecting much more but I do see where you're coming from, the Jeagers seems to possess a lot more articulation.

So it seems these are starting to be put on store shelves or are these early releases that someone got a hold of?

I'm going to have to disagree. That made me more excited for this, I'm not expecting a bunch of articulation like revoltech but enough so he's not a statue, which he seems to have. The detail and paint apps look pretty close to what we see in the movie. But i'm looking at something I can put on my desk at home with a Jeager or two and this looks sweet. for 18 bucks i'm not expecting much more but I do see where you're coming from, the Jeagers seems to possess a lot more articulation.

So it seems these are starting to be put on store shelves or are these early releases that someone got a hold of?

I guess for me, articulation is king; not every figure needs to have play arts or revoltech levels of poseability but looking at this: v-cuts, no ball jointed shoulders, no bicep swivel not even any ankle joints; i guess i've just come to expect so much more from toys these days. I don't see how sculpt integrity is really a problem with this figure; what with the vaguely crustacean design joints should be much easier to hide than human figures with bare skin like those rocky figures, and those were plenty articulated.

Overall though its still a great looking design and in that regard NECA did it justice, maybe i'll just wait and see if figure arts or something gets the license.

Wow that SS statue is amazing!
Im just about to pay off by Alien Warrior PS SS end of the month so and then need to pay off Joker V2. Hopefully that comes out sometime end of the year so I can pay for it!

Back