NECA - Classic Batman '66 TV Show Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll post the rest tonight but I have a little bad news. Upon closer inspection (inspecting with an LED pen light) I have some slight paint defects on the nose of the cowl.

Now it looks at me everytime I look at it...I'm sending back for an exchange. :monkey2

Yeah, it looks great. I'm really impressed with how it turned out. Good pose too.

The only thing I don't really like are the messy painted nostrils these seem to have. From the samples I've seen, the paint is poorly applied. I hate how one nostril is bigger than the other.

I also think I prefer the original face sculpt. The final one looks too cartoony.

neca2.jpg

I LOVE the rest of it though. The blue cape, the paint apps on the body, the accessories and the belt, it's really well done. I think I'm definitely picking this guy up.

Can't wait for the '89 Keaton Batman.

Emarae has a short review on Youtube. I really think NECA did well on sculpting the likeness :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRX_V-qmHi8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRX_V-qmHi8[/ame]

The UK stock of this great NECA 1/4 scale Batman is due to reach shops and online retailers from Monday. I hope that the 89 Batman isn't too far behind it, as this one looks great.

I received my batman I bought from eBay yesterday. The left leg joint was broken and bat logo paint work on his chest not good. Fix the color of bat logo not big issue but fix the broken leg joint is. Just for your information to check before you buy.

I received my batman I bought from eBay yesterday. The left leg joint was broken and bat logo paint work on his chest not good. Fix the color of bat logo not big issue but fix the broken leg joint is. Just for your information to check before you buy.

Same happened to me. I didn't see the leg untill later that day. I had to take it back to Suncoast and exchange it. So it's all good now :)

WOW, NECA Westman looks great there, kdoty1! He actually shines despite having the high-end Baleman at the back!

I may sound like a broken record but it's just that torso joint that gave the figure away and kept it from being perfect.

Same happened to me. I didn't see the leg untill later that day. I had to take it back to Suncoast and exchange it. So it's all good now :)

You still have a Suncoast? Jealous!

I don't think the waist joint is a bad thing in this case. Not sure there was a way to hide it.

I was bored so I did a quick photoshop to remove the ab articulation. I'm sure someone else could do a much better job in hiding it but I just wanted to see what it would look like.
WestEdit_zpsd5f97cc9.jpg

Maybe customizers can try using putty to hide the ab articulation since it seems like it doesn't really add any real articulation.

I was bored so I did a quick photoshop to remove the ab articulation. I'm sure someone else could do a much better job in hiding it but I just wanted to see what it would look like.
WestEdit_zpsd5f97cc9.jpg

PERFECT! Nicely done, Sephiroth!

They should have just eliminated it...it's virtually useless.

That's what we should have gotten.

Maybe customizers can try using putty to hide the ab articulation since it seems like it doesn't really add any real articulation.

:lecture:exactly:

NECA should have just done it the way they make their 1/4 Predators. Still a great figure though.

Just opened mine, it's amazing. Really amazes me that we get this quality for a good price!!! Almost looks as good and lifelike as a ht figure.
Bring on 89 bats NECA!!!

Back