NECA - Classic Batman '66 TV Show Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is amazing... That looks like EB made that bad boy... Might have to pick one up and have ya mod it LOL....

Thanks for the interest, guys :)

What I may end up doing is buying a hand full of the West figures and modding them in my spare time, then sell them at a first come first serve basis. That way, no one has to mail me their figure, no one has to wait and I can work at my own pace without any one breathing down my neck :lol

Not sure if I'll even do this, but if I did, mods would include full face repaint, new custom bat insignia and complete custom spandex suit (pretty much exact copy of my figure). What do you guys think would be a reasonable asking price for a completely modded figure? Just curious to see if it'd be worth my time since it took me, total time, a little over a week to complete the custom.

A fair price, going by what some of the custom guys charge:

Suit $100-$150 bucks per layer
Sculpt repaint $100-$125 bucks
Bat symbol $25-$40 bucks

Plus price of the figure.

Of course, that usually depends on quantity. The fewer you produce, the more I would charge.

A fair price, going by what some of the custom guys charge:

Suit $100-$150 bucks per layer
Sculpt repaint $100-$125 bucks
Bat symbol $25-$40 bucks

Plus price of the figure.

Of course, that usually depends on quantity. The fewer you produce, the more I would charge.

Hmm, thanks for that break down.

If I do decide to do this, I think I'd do the complete modded figure for $325 (that's including: double layered suit, repaint, symbol and figure). I'd probably only do 5 figures total.

Anyway, good to know and thanks again. If, and I strongly stress 'if,' I ever do decide to do this, I'll announce it here in this thread. And the figures would be available at that time as well.

Finally finished my mod for the Adam West Batman. I love the proportions/sculpt on this figure, just couldn't stand looking at all the ugly joints.

Modifications include: repainted face, custom gray spandex suit, new custom bat emblem.

Not that many mods... but still took me a while since the entire figure basically had to be disassembled from top to bottom. Also included a pic with my repainted Keaton BM. Hope you guys like it :)

Definitely an improvement! Awesome work!

I really do love this. If I had your skill I'd buy this figure today. Taking it apart and gluing it back together I'm not worried about, but making that suit? Nah. My sewing skills are very limited. I could see myself possibly making the leggings hut not that top, especially where the arms meet the body at the shoulders, that takes a bit more skill. Well done.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
He looks great, but I really hate that mid section articulation. Ugh. It looks like super saggy old lady ****.

I really do love this. If I had your skill I'd buy this figure today. Taking it apart and gluing it back together I'm not worried about, but making that suit? Nah. My sewing skills are very limited. I could see myself possibly making the leggings hut not that top, especially where the arms meet the body at the shoulders, that takes a bit more skill. Well done.

Thanks man. Yeah, the suit was definitely the most challenging part of the mod. But definitely worth doing and rewarding once done. Now his "super saggy old lady ****" look like proper ribs :rotfl And you can pose him with his cape draped over his shoulders or with his arms spread out without having to look at all the shoulder, bicep and elbow joints.

Got mine last night. Really a great figure overall. My first Neca too. Only problem is I managed to snap the left leg at the knee when trying to bend it. There was absolutely no give at all and I was going slowly. Glued back fine but he's not doing any dynamic knee bends.

My issue though is the horrible glue I used leaked a little down his ankle and dried there. Any suggestions for removing this glue without demolishing the paint?

Saigon - when you were taking it apart, did you have to split the trunks to get the legs and abs out?

Saigon - when you were taking it apart, did you have to split the trunks to get the legs and abs out?

Yeah, you'll have to pull off his trunks (they're spot glued on in the front and back) and then the plastic pelvis piece underneath the trunks can be split by unscrewing the 3 screws that hold it together. The upper body and legs will come out once you split the pelvis.

No news on Robin yet. Wasn't he slated for a March release? Iron Man Midas is already up for pre-order, with a March release, so we have to assume he is behind schedule. I am getting impatient here.

Sorry to hear about the leg snapping, BatBrain. Mine threatened to do the same, but I was too chicken to insist that it bent, so he remains straight legged. SaigonExpress69 suggested warming the leg in hot water before flexing it, which I will try. Too late for your leg, but in case the other is stiff as well.

Yeah, I'm curious about the status of the Robin figure too. Would like to see some prototype pics to see if his joints are easily concealable :) The leg joints should be easy to hide, but his elbows/arms might get a little tricky since they're just skin. Maybe flesh colored spandex will work?

it will be the same as 66 batman. easily visible elbow joints. they didnt use spandex on batman so robin wont be any different.
im not opening my batman until i get robin, he is the reason i bought batman.

^I meant using spandex to mod the figure and conceal the joints. I know NECA will make the joints easily visible, which kills a figure for me. Another design aspect I want to see is Robin's clothes, because NECA will also sculpt his clothes, which I don't really care for either. But if his clothes are sculpted well and it looks possible to hide his joints, I may pick him up. Otherwise, I'll probably pass on him.

Visible jointing on the body parts don't bother me at all, providing the engineering is elegant They are action figures after all. Visible jointing on clothing does look more odd, or rather like a cheap action figure rather than a high end one. This is what makes your mod so successful SaigonExpress69, the fact that you turned a jumped up low end figure into a high end one.

NECA doesn't always get it right, though. I was looking at the Dutch figure, and the legs look just :yuck. Now, I haven't been following NECA so I don't know if this is just because it is an earlier figure and their sculpting and engineering have improved, or whether it is just because sculpting and jointing legs in trousers is just a big no-no. Anyway, if Robin's sculpting and jointing is anything like Batman's, he is a definite purchase. My only concern is that they scale him correctly. He should be 16.5". If he is also 18", it just won't work.

Back