NECA Balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fortunately haven't been waiting that long but I am just as anxious to get this and then the fun of trying to figure out where the hell to put him begins.

Where's the cheapest place to order this thing? I'm on the fence now, but I know I'd regret it if I passes such a great piece by. I have the Balrog Gandalf even that shouts "You Shall NOT pass!"

CornerStoreComics and Amazing Toyz has it still for pre-order for $87.50, and I've gotten terrific service from both. On top of that, both get regularly mentioned by my readers for stellar service.

Thanks Loki and MWC, I'll check there. I've ordered from both places before and they are very easy and great to deal with.

FWIW, I ordered mine from AlterEgo. Marc had a special where it was $98 shipped (continental US). With the fact that this creature is huge, then there's a good chance that shipping will cost more than $10 (if shipping is not free). So, from what I can tell, Marc's got the best deal.

Wow - that is a good deal! I had checked Marc's site (he's another of my exemplary sponsors), but only noticed that it was $95. I didn't see that it included shipping, which is $20 - $25 from other stores at least. Great price!

Thanks MWC.

Oh, I'm so tempted! I just graduated and have some graduation money to spend and this is so very tempting. I just have no idea how/where to put it (like the rest of you). It would make an awesome display with the Toybiz Balrog Gandalf though. I'll do some researching tomorrow and hopefully think of what to do. I just fear that if I wait and not get him he may turn into another Balrog and sell for $$$ on ebay and then I would never get it. :eek:

Buttmunch said:
Are any stores like Hot Topic or Spencers getting these in or is online the only way to go?

My girlfriend is a manager at Hot Topic and I would be the first to know if they were getting anything like this. They haven't carried too many LOTR toys, just shirts, stickers, buttons. I could see Spencers carrying this but I doubt they would.

Does Marc charge any cancellation fees? I didn't see it mentioned in the FAQ. I'm still not 100% sold on it yet. I just wish there was a pic of the Balrog and Gandalf already so I could see how cool it would look.

Unless NECA themselves have ruled out selling these to brick and mortor stores, there are some speciality stores in cities that will carry them, though I doubt that chain stores (like Suncoast, Spencer's) will because of the cost. There is a comic store here in Dallas called Zeus that is waiting on a shipment, that I know.

Mine, however, is coming from Adam because I always support my board dealers first.:D

So let me see if I get this sraight. The Balrog comes with:
sword
whip
and lights and sounds (or have they been re-cancelled again?)
plain, brown packaging (doesn't really matter at this point huh)

and is 24" tall and 42" wide! :google

I'm still on the fence, but I'm feeling like I'm going to fall in the "ordering side". Anyone want to give me a push? :D

Buttmunch, NECA has said that this thing is going to be so big that they aren't going to bother making display boxes for it. It will come (safely packed of course) in a plain cardboard box. They mean business, and while he will be too small for a 1/6 scale display he will still be damned impressive. I have a retailer friend who has some Balrog battle Gandalfs and if you need one as the proverbial straw to break the camel's back, I would be happy to send you one!!!

To quote the Evil Dead: JOIN US!

(but only if you can afford it and really want it!):eek:

Back