NECA Balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it made by NECA? I thought that was a ToyBiz piece.

I really wanted this back when I collected those figures, but yeah - had stopped collecting figures by the time it actually came out. This thing is a massive beast and beautiful IIRC..

whats IIRC mean?

and no, this is Neca, not toybiz, though it could easily have been. but if you look at the prototype pics of toybiz's balrog, im sure you would agree that it was a good idea to wait those few years to get a really good, accuratly scaled and amazingly sculpted balrog by neca.

heres the pics at this site:

https://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/toybiz_lotr.shtml

not that it looks horrible, its pretty good actually, but im much happier that we got the neca one.

yeah, thats true. it is pretty heavy on top. so you just have it in pieces? never to display again? what a shame!

I have mine in a crate in the next room until i have my own place. When I lived in Michigan for 2 years, I had it on display, and it was amazing. A bit top heavy, and loose on the bottom.. but it didn't fall until I had a flood in the basement, and someone knocked it over in the chaos. As a result, in the move, the wings tabs broke. So I just took them off and put him into a crate. Once I have my own place though, he's getting glued and set back up. He is amazing for being a "toy". And gandalf with him just looks amazing.. let me see if i can dig up some pics from my old albums or something..

k. sorry for the bad quality. these were from my camera phone at the time.

1158913329_l.jpg

1158947543_l.jpg

with the 18 inch gandalf...

balrog11.jpg

balrog6.jpg

balrog3.jpg

balrog2.jpg

balrog1.jpg

Yeah, the size is imposing.. so you really do need some room for it. But seriously, i nearly shat myself when i got him. He is SO COOL! I think I got him for like 79 dollars too. One of the first ones shipped out I think. I don't know how the heck i lucked out on that one.

I've had my Balrog on top of my office cabinet for almost 3 years now...looks GREAT next to the Sideshow Premium Formats:

That Toybiz version was godawful... I can see why it was never released.

MWCtoys did a great review of this piece as well. Definitely a must have if you collected the ToyBiz line.

Yeah the toybiz version looked pretty cool, but the size was WAY underscaled...looked like the Balrog's little one.

Back