NECA Balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Customikey said:
Even though he's out of scale with the 12" line, at 22" tall, he'll still look quite the imposing brute next to them!

True, true. But it's that huge wing-span that will make this one a brute to display properly. :horror

Customikey said:
Even though he's out of scale with the 12" line, at 22" tall, he'll still look quite the imposing brute next to them!

not to scale as an adult balrog but maybe as a young balrog? :rolleyes:

noelleon69 said:
not to scale as an adult balrog but maybe as a young balrog? :rolleyes:
That's cute. Naturally, as we all know, the Balrog is a Maiar spirit, and thus, like Wizards, ageless and not susceptable to such earthly ideas as reproduction or "growing up."
teehee. I'm a nerd!

Having said all that, my cats are gonna LOVE this thing!!

Customikey said:
That's cute. Naturally, as we all know, the Balrog is a Maiar spirit, and thus, like Wizards, ageless and not susceptable to such earthly ideas as reproduction or "growing up."
teehee. I'm a nerd!

Actually the bodies of the Maiar who became Wizards did age, just very slowly.

Saruman is described as having black hair (with a touch of white) when he first comes to Middle Earth.

The Balrog being pure spirit and not embodied like the Istari could of course change his size and shape to what ever he wanted.

Corwin said:

Saruman is described as having black hair (with a touch of white) when he first comes to Middle Earth.

The Balrog being pure spirit and not embodied like the Istari could of course change his size and shape to what ever he wanted.

SCHOOLED!!:horror

Corwin said:
Customikey said:
teehee. I'm a nerd!

i have no idea... that's 2 nerds there. :D

MonstersInMotion sent me an email that they are jacking up the price a full $30 to $99, so I cancelled and put in my order with Fireside. Can't wait to get this!

All dorkness aside, I just ordered mine from Fireside as well:banana . The thing has a lot of promise and seems to be a bargain for only $90. But where the hell am I going to put it?:balrog

If only Sideshow (or anybody else) would make a Balrog STATUE in that
size or scale instead of this toy, I think that would be the ultimate LOTR
figure ever created. Imagine a Balrog that big - or BIGGER! :google :horror :rock :banana :joy

JS :naughty :)

Statues don't really interest me. I only have a few weta pieces that came with the DVDs or were given away. I like them to augment the collection, but I prefer toys. Something I can sit down with and pose. That, to me, is more fun then setting a statue on the shelf and looking at it, turning it a little, then looking at it. Woo.

I guess that's one of the reasons I like Marvel Legends more than anything McFarlane puts out.

JSAuctionService said:
If only Sideshow (or anybody else) would make a Balrog STATUE in that
size or scale instead of this toy, I think that would be the ultimate LOTR
figure ever created. Imagine a Balrog that big - or BIGGER! :google :horror :rock :banana :joy

JS :naughty :)

JS, if thats the case, the retail price will be in the range of thousands and many people will be turn away...maybe they DO have one.... in RT or PJ office...

Okay, what the hell? I've heard zero news on this thing that is supposedly shipping this month!! WIll it arrive un-heralded? Does everyone know something I don't??!!!

(I mean related to the Neca Balrog; I'm sure everyone here knows at least one thing in general that I don't know. And vice versa.)

I've cleared a whole shelf for this thing, and my wife's Popple is aching to be violated!!

Where's the Big Guy???

Im very curious about this one also.
Really want to see some pics when they start shipping.

..... must ... not .... order ..... fight the urge ... DAMN YOU UNCLE SAM!!!

I've just had to cancel mine - bit too pricey and with the recent run of SSC 1:6 goodness something had to give.

I don't think he'd have fit in my office anyhoo...

Great piece though!

I was just wondering where this bad boy was too - I assume it will start hitting shelves (or in my case, my polystone/toy pusher) in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Considering that I've got LegoGimRod, Aragorn/Black Gates, 3 Narnia maquettes (to finish the Narnia collection), and taxes that had to be paid all depleting my wallet at the moment, a late delivery schedule is welcome news.

Still, I've been waiting 2 years for this piece - and am very much looking forward to spreading out those wings over the top of the bookshelf!

Back