NECA Balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all three of the current 18" figures and the sculpt quality is phenomenal (for the money!!!!) although my Legolas is top heavy. The Gandalf is particularly excellent and really does capture Ian Mckellen.

But where the hell would I put the Balrog??????????????:eek:

i'm definately getting it, it's the closest i can have to a balrog statue, and it's huge and in scale with toybiz gandalf.

space is an issue no doubt, but i will still find a home for it. :D

as for the top being heavy, it looks to me that the tail is helping it to stand upright so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Does anyone have experience with MonstersInMotion.com?

They have Balrog at an excellent price, but I've never ordered from them.

Monsters in Motion

It's been a while, but I did order a couple of things from them -- garage kits, I think, which are the toughest thing for any dealer to provide dependably -- and it was smooth and professional. Their prices aren't outrageous, but neither are they attractive. There are better deals out there, and I think any of the dealers who post on this board can beat them (on items they can stock, anyway).

I wouldn't worry about ordering from a company that has a brick-and-morter store with a physical address. MiM's address sounds like a business park, but they've announced in-person clearance sales at their Orange County store before.

Incidentally, all the same criticism and encouragement could apply to Entertainment Earth. I've been there, both for special clearance sales and to pick up an order. They have a new warehouse facility and modern front pickup office, and are located in an industrial area surrounded by other warehouse properties.

I've never visited Amoktime in New York but they're one of my favorites, easy for exchanges and even partial cancellations of orders. They hardly seem like an internet vendor at all -- more like a friendly store I happen to use the internet to reach.

I've ordered it from MonstersInMotion.com. They had by far the best price at $69.99. Hope they're reliable!! Their site says they don't charge until it's ready to ship, and their info on the piece is all up-to-date, so I have faith.

And furthermore, my wife (She Who Must Be Obeyed) has agreed to me getting it, provided I don't utter one word about her childhood stuffed animals that have arrived from her parents house. Ah, the sacrifices we make. When she's not home, I'm going to take a pic of my Balrog raping her Popple. It's going to be my desktop image. :D

Oh, and rape is NOT funny. Unless it's happening to a garish stuffed animal who's sole selling point is that it can swallow itself. And she thinks the Balrog is creepy. :google

Last edited:
Customikey said:
I've ordered it from MonstersInMotion.com. They had by far the best price at $69.99. Hope they're reliable!! Their site says they don't charge until it's ready to ship, and their info on the piece is all up-to-date, so I have faith. :google

They are a reliable company I have ordered many times with them in the past.

Customikey said:
When she's not home, I'm going to take a pic of my Balrog raping her Popple. It's going to be my desktop image.

:google
2funny.gif

Plastic, poly, pewter, amalagama - if it's a Balrog, it will be mine. I've been waiting two years for this guy. Bring 'em on!

The NECA LotR Epic Scale figures are really very good for the price. I have them all and am looking forward to the Balrog (even though it looks like he's still wearing Zubaz).

Back