NECA Balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seaward said:
Buttmunch, NECA has said that this thing is going to be so big that they aren't going to bother making display boxes for it. It will come (safely packed of course) in a plain cardboard box. They mean business, and while he will be too small for a 1/6 scale display he will still be damned impressive. I have a retailer friend who has some Balrog battle Gandalfs and if you need one as the proverbial straw to break the camel's back, I would be happy to send you one!!!

To quote the Evil Dead: JOIN US!

(but only if you can afford it and really want it!):eek:

You can't beat that offer! Sign-up ... this thing will be amazing! 3 ft wingspan! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I already have the Balrog Gandalf, but thanks anyway for the offer. I knew about the packaging issue and it makes sense, plus it helps keep costs down I bet. Yes, I want it and yes I can afford it currently. You guys sure are great at pushing a guy. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll decide.

Wow, its really coming in a plain cardboard box? That's pertty crazy... almost like a throw back to the old mailaways... but ginormous. I'd like this figure but I really think it being fairly static will be an issue for me. I think it looks awesome... but a statue with a 42" wingspan is too much for me :monkey2

Aw. c'mon guys. Just because you can unfurl the wings to their 42" glory doesn't mean you have to - could just leave them folded up the way they come. It's not being shipped with the whole wingspan unfurled!

My battle damaged Gandafl patiently awaits his foe.

Wow, another month goes by and no news on this. Is this thing ever going to come out?

Well, supposedly it is *now* coming out in August.

Not that I care. I gave up on the Neca stuff a looong time ago. I just wish it would be released for the fans out there who HAVE been waiting so long for it...

The Dwimmerlaik said:
If we are lucky it will come out this year :monkey5

Don't hole your breath. This thing has seen more delays then Oceanic Flight 815. (LOST reference).

:lol

Agent23 said:
Don't hole your breath. This thing has seen more delays then Oceanic Flight 815. (LOST reference).

:lol

What will happen first, someone from LOST will get rescued or the Balrog will ship?

Darth Loki said:
What will happen first, someone from LOST will get rescued or the Balrog will ship?

They will probably build a coconut transistor radio before one would get rescued. :lol Then get rescued and even then the Balrog would still have yet to be released.

Then I'd be sad on both accounts. At least it gives me a little more time to figure out where it's going to go. My basement is quickly becoming dominated by SW stuff. I'd like some more LOTR items to ship to even it out.

wow, its must have been a loong wait for you guys! i got my balrog maybe a year or so ago, and i dont regret it! its an amazing piece, but i got mine well after it was first released. it is in amazing scale with the LOTR's toybiz line. really incredible. they even added in some lights and sounds! its not a statue, but really just a giant action figure, not unlike the trolls or treebeard of the basic line. this is the biggest figure of my collection. i dont normally like these big things, but im such a Ring's fan that i just had to have it. this guys biceps put rambo to shame! ok, the wings were trouble and wouldnt stay on very well so i wound up glueing them on pretty much, i also had to glue one leg so it would stop sliding all over the place. but now it stands just perfect and its amazing to see it. definetly the highlight of my room. we have lower ceilings in my new house, so i didnt know how i would display it, but i found the perfect way on a little table.

Last edited:
i know, its so weird! seems even after the balrog was released, nobody cared to post here. but i feel its worth posting about! not sure if anyone else has this on here, or if im the only one brave enough to buy it...

I really wanted one back in the day but it kept getting delayed and I eventually lost interest. Looks very cool though.

I really wanted one back in the day but it kept getting delayed and I eventually lost interest. Looks very cool though.

Kind of the same story with me... when it was announced I was very interested, but by the time it came out I had moved onto bigger and better things.

Still an incredibly impressive figure.

well someone posted pics of there balrog statue, and while that is cool, i thought "damn, my balrog figure is HUGE, i should see what ppl are sayin about THAT one" so i looked it up. but noone has posted about it. yeah it got delayed but diehard fans like me never gave up hope lol. it wasnt even THAT expensive, $100 isnt too shabby for a amazing piece like this. i would have thought $200+

Back