NECA Balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up one new in the box for 150.00. Shipping was a reasonable 25.00 sent via fed ex.

The figure is fantastic....I have him sitting on a shelf next to my SOTA Lord of Darkness figure.

I just bought a piece too! I picked mine up for about $100 inclusive of shipping. hehe

i still have mine thankfully but its kinda damaged and needs some fixing. but its seriously an awsome figure. and a must if you collect those toybiz LOTR's figures.

Close to finishing :)

Picture026.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Dave,

All I can say is holy crap!!!

That looks amazing!! I have two of these still in the box, and I may have to look to retrofit one with new lights the way you have. I am looking to learn to airbrush some and work on a custom paintjob, but I am totally inspired by what you have done here!!! WOW!:clap

Base to be finished with black grout cement before I look for a Weta type base to mount it all on. Angel hair on and layered with flat matt paint. Lights fitted to head, mane and around his feet. Just afew touch up's needed and he's good to go :hi5:

newebay041.jpg

newebay042.jpg

newebay040.jpg

Well, I know I'm years late but I FINALLY got the Balrog. I recently started re-collecting the Toy Biz LOTR figures, and I had to have this guy. My stomach churns thinking of how much I could have gotten him for if I'd bought him way back when (can you imagine them making him for $80 now?!?) but he was totally worth what I paid for him. I really had no idea where to put him once I got him. I had to rearrange everything and put whole collections away just to make it work. But he's a thing of beauty.

I know some people mentioned sagging of the figure... was that plastic warping or joints giving out? Anyone experience this? Trying to think of ways to avoid that if possible! But right now I'm just in awe. I should have him face off against my Mattycollector Voltron some time. :D

I have Gandalf fighting a Mr and Mrs Balrog...The Neca is fantastic
IMG_1003.jpg

Tell me about the price. I had a craiglist one for 65 dollars that I thought, eh why bother. Prices took off for this like a rocket overnight about 2 years ago I think.

Well, I know I'm years late but I FINALLY got the Balrog. I recently started re-collecting the Toy Biz LOTR figures, and I had to have this guy. My stomach churns thinking of how much I could have gotten him for if I'd bought him way back when (can you imagine them making him for $80 now?!?) but he was totally worth what I paid for him. I really had no idea where to put him once I got him. I had to rearrange everything and put whole collections away just to make it work. But he's a thing of beauty.

I know some people mentioned sagging of the figure... was that plastic warping or joints giving out? Anyone experience this? Trying to think of ways to avoi

d that if possible! But right now I'm just in awe. I should have him face off against my Mattycollector Voltron some time. :D

THE Daddy Rog :lecture

Back