1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got mine, fantastic figure. But no time to properly set him up atm...will track down AOTC R2 at some point.

The ANH Deluxe R2 will become pairing buddy with upcoming golden ROTJ C3PO though.
z4903591359171_0d3c391891e32f60457885f08a27f59f.jpg

I had this idea in my head, to put 3-PO in the sand, with the skeleton of a creature. I don't like how it came out, at all. I think it's my execution. In order to remove the cluttered background, I shot this in the dark, with a spotlight. So, what, he's in the desert at night? lol. Idk, I think to really execute this properly, I'd need to commit to taking this to the beach and shoot it in the sun, like an actual desert scene. The sand here is playground sand, and the skeleton is some sort of small mammal like a juvenile beaver or the like (found it in the woods). Maybe I'll do this for real when they finally release the A New Hope clean shiny version.
IMG_4986.JPG
IMG_4990.JPG

Nice video and interesting insights. Like your anology of the PT trilogy and am happy to hear poistive thoughts on TPM, thanks for sharing!

Thanks man! I really appreciate that. It was a bit of a talky review but part of the fun is talking about why we love these characters and the movies and want to represent them in our collection. I'm glad fellow fans like yourself took the time to listen 😊

No notice from them yet. Still waiting, :(

Did you pay in full when pre-ordering or just put NRDs?

If you went for NRDs, they anticipate invoicing when they get shipment confirmation from Hot Toys.

If you paid in full, you'll only get shipment confirmation when the figure is actually going your way.

Also to be noted, they are currently behind schedule due to Black Friday orders overload. Things should be back to normal next week i believe.

Congrats to those who wants it and gets it. I am still waiting OT-3PO.

Did you pay in full when pre-ordering or just put NRDs?

If you went for NRDs, they anticipate invoicing when they get shipment confirmation from Hot Toys.

If you paid in full, you'll only get shipment confirmation when the figure is actually going your way.

Also to be noted, they are currently behind schedule due to Black Friday orders overload. Things should be back to normal next week i believe.
Paid in full. I guess it will take a while for them to actaully ship it to me.

Paid in full. I guess it will take a while for them to actaully ship it to me.

THen, they either received a partial shipment or are still in the process or shipping the orders. If you don't get any update by the end of this week, i'd suggest getting in touch with them. Your order may have slipped them by. It happened before.

I PO’d the Geonosis Battle Droid, R2 D2 and Threepio all in the same order from KG, so hopefully they’ve saved some stock for me to ship them all together.

Looks like I’ll find out pretty soon.

Man, this figure is just pure perfection. It feels soooooo good in hand and so nostalgically mesmerizing on shelf.

I think the future golden ROTJ C-3PO will pops even more nicely in our SW display.
I was thinking the same thing. This one is amazing, so hopefully that one is comparable. I might just get 2 in case it’s a long time until the next ot C3po.

Has anyone taken the R2 apart? I want to switch the legs to make it more accurate to ESB, but can't work out how to get inside it to get them off.

Wait what, they have it at 20% now?!?! Oh, I should’ve waited :gah:

Edit: eh whatever. It’s only a difference of 27 AUD. That’s OK.
PC also used to do this weird thing where a new %-off "all in-stock items" sale won't apply any further discount to an already discounted item, even if that item's been discounted for close to a year. This was an issue because maybe 30% of their HT items would already have a discount.

Not sure if that is the same situation today - I haven't bought from them in a year or two.

Back