NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same. The ups driver actually tossed the box to me from about eight feet away and told me not to worry about signing. I've always beeb irked by sideshow doing the signature needed thing. You can sign up for an account on ups' site that sometimes allows you to e-sign. Has yet to provide that override for any sideshow stuff, though.

I haven't had to sign for any package since the pandemic hit. This includes UPS, Fed Ex, and USPS. Stuff just gets left but thankfully I am almost always home now haha.

I was just curious if anyone here has gotten a signature required delivery recently when buying directly from NECA through their various Marketplace listings. If it's just me, I'd like to know what the deal is. Still waiting for them to answer my e-mail.
They still haven't replied via e-mail (no surprise, as in my experience NECA customer service usually just ignore you), but I did get a reply from them on social media. They said they didn't know why Marty was sent with signature confirmation and would contact their sales department about changing it if it's the default shipping method. I can't imagine it is the default, otherwise I'm sure there would be more customer complaints. I just want to get to the bottom of it, otherwise I'll skip ever buying directly from NECA again.

They still haven't replied via e-mail (no surprise, as in my experience NECA customer service usually just ignore you), but I did get a reply from them on social media. They said they didn't know why Marty was sent with signature confirmation and would contact their sales department about changing it if it's the default shipping method. I can't imagine it is the default, otherwise I'm sure there would be more customer complaints. I just want to get to the bottom of it, otherwise I'll skip ever buying directly from NECA again.

Honestly I think you're making a bit much of it, if anything I'd fault the driver for asking for the signature. Like me and a couple people have been saying, deliveries have been going on with zero problems for 8 months now for me with not being asked for signatures on items that ship with the 'signature required' selected. FedEx, UPS, DHL, and USPS for me are all that way. Anything Mezco sends for instance 'requires' a signature, but I've probably gotten 10 things from them and never been asked. It's probably just the standard shipping NECA selected when they printed the label.

Honestly I think you're making a bit much of it, if anything I'd fault the driver for asking for the signature.

I can't fault the driver for doing his job. Like most people, I'm not home in the middle of the day when things get delivered. My local post office is always packed because it's tiny (six people max before the line is out the door). My immune system isn't great, so unnecessary trips to busy places are something I need to avoid right now. It's not out of line to want to know if NECA is requiring signatures on my deliveries going forward so I can buy from a different seller.

My point is the driver is doing something that 99% of other drivers aren't.

Here's a comparison. I've bought alcohol in store during this from several places that are supposed to card especially with masks. 75% of the time I don't get carded. 24% of the time I get carded and that's it.

1 ****ing cashier asked me to pull my mask down to see my face in store during the pandemic.

It's all the same rules, it just depends on the jerk applying them.

So they're not supposed to ask you to pull down your mask?

Nope. We're supposed to be wearing masks anytime were outside of our immediate house hold.

They've just done a terrible job of enforcing it, so idiots feel empowered to pretend the virus doesn't exist, and that masks are a form of Democrat oppression or some other anti-science ********.

Are the sunglasses on the alternate Marty head easy to pop off or are they glued into the holes on the sides of the hair? I've seen pics where people have removed them, but I don't want to break anything.

BttF_VisualChecklist_2021_Marty_Audition.jpg

BttF_VisualChecklist_2021_Final.jpg

I think that variant will be a pass. They need to do figures that actually go together. Literally none of the figures they've released appear in a scene together in the movie.

I'm sure there are limits to what they can put out, licensor or cost of putting them out, so I think they've gone for putting out iconic looks regardless of matching with the other character or not. Three Marty figures all using the same base portrait from the first film and two of the figures being the same but for accessories and lack of vest, means extra cash off the same work. I'm shocked we're not seeing a radiation suit Doc with one of the existing heads recycled, that's how NECA rolls, or a BTTF 2 Doc. I'm thinking this grouping may be all they put out, unless sales are good enough to back more. I believe the likenesses are independently acquired and not part of the film license so these may be pricey to put out, hence 4 Marty and 1 Doc and 1 Biff.

I figure they have to pay for licenses, but that doesn't keep them from making some relevant Marty to go with the other two characters. They definitely need a 50's Marty figure, or an 80's Doc like you said. Baffling no sign of the radiation suit Doc yet.

Funny thing about BTTF I 1985 outfit Marty is they could release a separate figure for each of his top layers of clothes. Much like they did with Dutch from Predator.

I'll go completist with this line so I'll order the Pinheads Marty (as per Mikedanger's post that's what they should have called the figure)

Back