NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks fantastic. I wonder, are they ditching the goggles, will the goggles be removable, can you put the goggles over the eyes for when he makes this face over the burning model?

Regardless, that face looks soo good and the expression is so well done. Usually open mouth figures look off, but that is like perfection.

I'm never surprised when a NECA likeness is better than Hot Toys. Their sculptors are just as talented and there's no reason they won't have basically the same hit/miss ratio.

Anyone with 1985 Marty know if the life jacket is separate from the denim? Maybe it's not a new figure and just the vest removed.

Randy's wordless smiley response when asked about it on twitter suggested to me it's a separate figure and that maybe the life preserver on the current figure can't be removed - at least not without revealing something unsightly that would have to be modded.

Not sure what the point would be of that figure, for collectors at least, we have the radiation suite and life jacket looks with sunglasses head and guitar. The only value of it would be to be more accurate to the early scene of the movie, seems like a peg warmer.

I assumed that at some point NECA would release an alternate version of 1985 Marty, but I always figured it would be without the denim jacket, so it would look like this:

suspenders-marty-mcfly-shirt-300x300.jpg

Anyone with 1985 Marty know if the life jacket is separate from the denim? Maybe it's not a new figure and just the vest removed.

I don't have mine in hand yet and asked on Toyark about that, Toyark's Joe replied: "It's either an unannounced Marty or they customized one for that pic. My Marty's vest is glued onto pegs on the front of the jean jacket. "

I don't have mine in hand yet and asked on Toyark about that, Toyark's Joe replied: "It's either an unannounced Marty or they customized one for that pic. My Marty's vest is glued onto pegs on the front of the jean jacket. "

Yup, you can?t do the vestless look without customization.
4d60ddf527a880c63d150186cb1cc40f.jpg

NECA also teased more stuff for October 21st, so we should at the very least see the ?1955 Marty? from the Doc pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some perspective, I’m tracking NECA In Stock/Now Shipping alerts against BBTS notifications for some orders.

Ghost Face - 8/24
Marty McFly - 10/5
Laurie Loomis - 10/12

None of those items have been delivered to BBTS yet.

I don’t fault anyone, NECA probably can’t get as much product over to the states as they did pre-COVID, so now everything is slower and it trickles down, with places like BBTS and Entertainment Earth being last in the pecking order.

Based on Ghost Face, BBTS probably won’t have these guys until December.

It's not just Neca products...I also have a few McFarlane MK figures on preorder that I have seen on shelves for weeks now. Hell, even clarktoys.com has them in stock. I'm trying to support BBTS because I really like their pile of loot and $4 shipping, but it's becoming difficult to keep orders open there when they are receiving items so long after everyone else.

Back