NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave in and picked up the Radiation Suit Marty from Target today. I had a $25 gift card from my birthday which covered most of it. Haven’t gotten a chance to open it yet.

From NerdToysUK

BACK TO THE FUTURE MARTY MCFLY 1985 GUITAR AUDITION ULTIMATE 7 INCH SCALE ACTION FIGURE "PRE-ORDER SUMMER 2021 APPROX"

BBTS is all over the place, not sure what's up with their NECA stock, I've had 3 things pending with them, Ghost Face, which NECA started releasing on 8/24, Marty, which NECA started releasing on 10/5 and the Laurie/Loomis pack which NECA released on 10/19. I got notice yesterday that the 2-pack was in and processed, the most recently released item arrived there first, mean time I'm still waiting for them to get stock of something that came out months ago from NECA. It's really bizarre and no pattern to it at all.

I hit a Target after a restock and picked up the BttF2 Marty, didn't preorder him for some reason. For what it's worth I preordered the first wave from Dorkside and still not fulfilled yet.

Probably Marty without the vest, how he appeared in the Pinheads audition.

I am giving BBTS until Friday...if I don't hear anything by then I am going to cancel and buy elsewhere.

I hit a Target after a restock and picked up the BttF2 Marty, didn't preorder him for some reason. For what it's worth I preordered the first wave from Dorkside and still not fulfilled yet.

I stopped by a Target over the weekend and they only had 1 Biff and some animated figures. Not sure what the deal is, but it seems like stock can't keep up with demand on the Ultimates.

What exactly does this mean? There already is a guitar in the one that is out now?

It's likely the Marty that showed up in the promo pics for Doc here.

We talked about it a few days ago in this thread

I stopped by a Target over the weekend and they only had 1 Biff and some animated figures. Not sure what the deal is, but it seems like stock can't keep up with demand on the Ultimates.

Yeah at first I kept seeing Tales from Space Marty and that was it. I don't think I saw any of the other releases in person before getting the BttF2 one. Good sign that they're moving.

Finally got a notice from BBTS that Marty and Biff are ready to ship. Nothing yet on BTTF 2 Marty..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet I saw BTTF II Marty alone available on my Dublin store a few days ago. Bizarre the way these are being shipped around.

I went back to the store I found BttF2 Marty and now Biff and regular Marty were in stock, along with a bunch of other ones. So they seem pretty active in restocking. I still have yet to see any TMNT figures around here though.

Coronavirus cases are exploding in my town, so I didn't want to venture into Wal-Mart just to search for a Marty McFly figure. I ordered one directly from NECA, but was annoyed to discover they'd sent it via USPS with a signature confirmation required. Never in my life have I had to deal with that. Thankfully, someone was there to sign for it. If not, I'd have been forced to pick it up at the crowded post office (no thank you).

That was a completely unnecessary thing to do to a customer during a pandemic. In fact, it's pissed me off royally. You can't social distance when your forced to come into direct contact with your mail carrier to sign for a $30 toy. At least give a heads up if you intend to pull that on me so I can shop elsewhere. Never again, NECA.

I was just curious if anyone here has gotten a signature required delivery recently when buying directly from NECA through their various Marketplace listings. If it's just me, I'd like to know what the deal is. Still waiting for them to answer my e-mail. I did order a Super Shredder from The NECA Store that never showed up back in July (shipped via FedEx). I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Coronavirus cases are exploding in my town, so I didn't want to venture into Wal-Mart just to search for a Marty McFly figure. I ordered one directly from NECA, but was annoyed to discover they'd sent it via USPS with a signature confirmation required. Never in my life have I had to deal with that. Thankfully, someone was there to sign for it. If not, I'd have been forced to pick it up at the crowded post office (no thank you).

That was a completely unnecessary thing to do to a customer during a pandemic. In fact, it's pissed me off royally. You can't social distance when your forced to come into direct contact with your mail carrier to sign for a $30 toy. At least give a heads up if you intend to pull that on me so I can shop elsewhere. Never again, NECA.

I was just curious if anyone here has gotten a signature required delivery recently when buying directly from NECA through their various Marketplace listings. If it's just me, I'd like to know what the deal is. Still waiting for them to answer my e-mail. I did order a Super Shredder from The NECA Store that never showed up back in July (shipped via FedEx). I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

I've gotten many USPS, FedEx, and UPS packages that required signatures since March and not a single time did the driver ask for a signature. I've even gotten wine delivered. They're supposed to ID you but the driver just left it.

Not this guy. I was told he at least put his mask on before ringing the doorbell, but insisted he couldn't leave the package without an authorized resident signing for it. I'm upset that NECA mailed it this way period, let alone during the pandemic. If they do this with any of the TMNT pre-orders I've already paid in advance for, I'll be calling them up to give them a piece of my mind.

I've gotten many USPS, FedEx, and UPS packages that required signatures since March and not a single time did the driver ask for a signature. I've even gotten wine delivered. They're supposed to ID you but the driver just left it.

Same. The ups driver actually tossed the box to me from about eight feet away and told me not to worry about signing. I've always beeb irked by sideshow doing the signature needed thing. You can sign up for an account on ups' site that sometimes allows you to e-sign. Has yet to provide that override for any sideshow stuff, though.

Back