NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, I never thought about that. Isn't that the same problem as when Marty travels from 1955 to 1985, and he sees Doc getting shot and himself driving the car at the same time back to 1955? That's two Marty's in the same timeline. Then, he discovers that Doc was wearing a bulletproof vest and sees the letter from 1955.

I don't think that's quite the same because although a journey from 1955 to 1985 technically constitutes time travel from the past into the future, that 'future' was still our Marty's past and the experiences of each Marty would still play out as they did. Meanwhile the brief overlap of the 2 Martys in the same time has no impact on anything I don't think. Earlier Marty isn't aware of later Marty so does nothing differently and then he's gone. Our Marty just resumes his existence in 1985 from an earlier point than he originally left it

I always just assumed that the timeline reflected what was going to occur. Yes, Marty and Jennifer traveled from 1985 to 2015; but there is no reason to assume that they would not return so the timeline remained intact. Wheras with Einstein there was never any intent to have him make up that lost minute. If for some weird reason Marty and Jennifer became stuck in 2015 I would imagine that their future selves would start to disappear.

What I always wondered is shouldn't 2015 Jennifer and Marty remember that this was the day that their teenage counterparts were there? Its kind of a memorable event.

I also wondered why George McFly was cool with the guy that once raped his wife in high school becoming a close family friend/personal slave that regularly hangs out at their house.
Or why he looked the other way about his wife giving birth to a baby that looked suspiciously like her old boyfriend.

I don't think that's quite the same because although a journey from 1955 to 1985 technically constitutes time travel from the past into the future, that 'future' was still our Marty's past and the experiences of each Marty would still play out as they did. Meanwhile the brief overlap of the 2 Martys in the same time has no impact on anything I don't think. Earlier Marty isn't aware of later Marty so does nothing differently and then he's gone. Our Marty just resumes his existence in 1985 from an earlier point than he originally left it

Hmm...time travel is confusing. 2015 old man Marty had a car accident injury that happened to 1985 Marty racing against Needles, but that car accident would have taken place after all his adventures and time traveling, which includes going to 2015. :thud:

Hmm...time travel is confusing. 2015 old man Marty had a car accident injury that happened to 1985 Marty racing against Needles, but that car accident would have taken place after all his adventures and time traveling, which includes going to 2015. :thud:
Yeah, that one always confuses me a bit too. Especially because no one actually interfered in his timeline to change those events. The lesson he learned about not having an almost psychotic aversion to being called a chicken was one he mostly learned on his own.

Yeah, that one always confuses me a bit too. Especially because no one actually interfered in his timeline to change those events. The lesson he learned about not having an almost psychotic aversion to being called a chicken was one he mostly learned on his own.
Him being injured in the car accident was an alternate future based on the trajectory Marty was going on by being easily provoked. At the end of the third film he avoided the accident by learning not to let people get to him so easily. That’s how I take it at least.

I think it was Primer that created multiple timelines each time a person traveled through time. It split the timeline at each occurrence. Each decision will create a new branch of time. So, that could explain the shenanigans in BTTF.

I think it was Primer that created multiple timelines each time a person traveled through time. It split the timeline at each occurrence. Each decision will create a new branch of time. So, that could explain the shenanigans in BTTF.

you just need to see time as infinite, and there is infinite number of timelines, that has all the possibilities which is also infinite, so the timetraveler just happens to drop into a timeline of his path, which can also be affected by other time travelers who happen to travel on the same timeline, even though the odds of this happening is low, since timeline is infinite, anything can happen. whether you have Kentucky or McDonalds today, will have 2 possible branches of timeline depending which you choose. and if a future you comes back and tell you to choose the other instead, it brings you to a 3rd timeline.

so in short in one of the time line, you are probably Michael J Fox.

Speaking of BTTF, Biff was wearing the grey jacket when he had the car accident and got covered with poop, yet he wears that same grey jacket at the end of the film and it looks brand new. What's that all about?

Got to love neca, I only collect 1/6 Until I bought the 7”movie turtles, bought every new gremlins realise and now one of my favourite films BTTF.

They're easily my favourite toy company, loyal to the classics and serving those licenses well. Of course we always want more.

nec53601-back-to-the-future-marty-mcfly-tales-from-space-suit-action-figure-02.1591150538.jpg

Yeah, it's so crazy we've seen three different Marty's and a Biff and not one Doc yet!

It's probably not a coincidence that both Hot Toys and NECA were slow to reveal Doc Brown.

It's possible Christopher Lloyd is hard to get a hold of.

Oof.. those sculpts are not great. I want to be all in on this line but come on NECA. The sculpt on the other two figures aren’t the best either, but I think this one looks really goofy with the open mouth expression.

Back