NECA 7" Video Game Tribute 1989 Keaton Batman revealed!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work on the custom Sallah. It looks great. Not that I'd ever have the ability to do it myself, but I'd still be very interesting in hearing exactly what you did to yours. I'm amazed out how smooth the paint looks. I don't see any brush strokes or blemishes. Looks like a factory paint job.

Unfortunately, something about the proportions still looks 'off' to me. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is. I think maybe the head and cowl are a tad too big? For example, notice how the cowl extends beyond the shoulders in some poses.

Thanks folks!

On the belt- I actually mixed old and yellow until I hit a color that matched some of the early promo pictures. It actaully appears a bit more gold in person than it does in pictures... which is in line with it appearing more yellow than gold on film. :)

On the symbol- It is the same. The sculpted lines are there, but it took a really steady hand to hit those yellow side lines and the tips on the bat. I was shaking quite a bit. :)

Sallah

On the symbol- It is the same. The sculpted lines are there, but it took a really steady hand to hit those yellow side lines and the tips on the bat. I was shaking quite a bit. :)

Well you did a great job, the shape of the bat like the ears and tail actually pop now, not to mention the ring around the wings. The factory paint on the production piece looked soft and sloppy, like it didn't even have ears. The fact that you managed to bring the sculpt out just shows the quality craftsmanship.

Seriously, good job. Did you sand anything down? Get rid of any production paint? A coat of primer? I'd be worried about the soft rubber/PVC parts with the paint adhering to them.

Well you did a great job, the shape of the bat like the ears and tail actually pop now, not to mention the ring around the wings. The factory paint on the production piece looked soft and sloppy, like it didn't even have ears. The fact that you managed to bring the sculpt out just shows the quality craftsmanship.

Seriously, good job. Did you sand anything down? Get rid of any production paint? A coat of primer? I'd be worried about the soft rubber/PVC parts with the paint adhering to them.

Thanks very much!

Didn't do any sanding, no. I did disassemble the head/ cowl before doing the face... but other than that and switching out the cape, it was all simple paint work. I laid a very thin coat of flat white down on almost everything to even it out, then flat black in thin layers over that. Straight yellow on the symbol, gold/yellow mix on the belt. I still need to hit the silver bits on the palms of the gloves, and a semi-gloss coat for the gloves and boots (plus his weapons). I will post another pic when he is fully finished.

He has been a lot of fun! Can't wait to do more versions!

Sallah

Thanks guys!

Day 2 progress on the NECA 7" Batman repaint. Almost there now! Probably won't have time until after Halloween to finish though... NECA truly hit a home run on the sculpting & articulation with this guy!

Sallah

Would you ever do comission for people who can't paint worth a dam or don't have steady hands? Say if I sent you mine when I get it???

wow man. that's great!! maybe i can just buy a modified version straight from you? haha :p nawh but looks awesome man.

Jeez didn`t know about this 8-bit tribute line until today. And this 8-bit Batman tribute is awesome. Never thought about how it would end up as an figurine. Thanks Neca!
The box is well tribute made, also love the worn effects on the box is a good idea.
One of my favorite games, must get a hold of this one.

A little something from the ACBA group....

Pic by John Harmon.
10688119_10152784688186265_4897135122428009014_o.jpg

Very cool figure.Brought back some memories how hard this game was and the cool music it had

Attachments

• IMG_9604.JPG
    IMG_9604.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 468
Very cool figure.Brought back some memories how hard this game was and the cool music it had

Yeah. I haven't played the game in forever, but I remember it being ridiculously difficult. I know I never beat it. And you're right about the music. I can still remember the intro music vividly. Loved that game. I'd like to go back and play it again, but I know it would just destroy me. If I couldn't even beat it when I was 13 with quick reflexes and nothing but free time then, as a much older man with much slower reflexes and way less free time, I don't stand a chance now ;)

I just got mine too. Really cool. Much cooler than I thought he'd be. Nice paint job on him.Love the box being the game box. Definitely brings back childhood memories.

Just about ready to call him done. :) Have to paint the silver studs on the palms, and the weapons... but here he is-

...and I became impatient with myself and got the second repaint started. :) A little more work left on this one still to go, but here is my work-in-progress on a Kenner Iron Winch Batman tribute.

The spot in the case looks good with 3, but I bet I could squeeze in a Tech-Shield & Arctic Batman if I really tried. :)

Sallah

Sallah, the iron winch accessory is a brilliant add on. Nice touch.

Does it really reel in dangerous criminals? :wink1:

Back