NECA 7" Video Game Tribute 1989 Keaton Batman revealed!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallah

Super Freak
Reaction score
batmanneca.jpg

1300-Video-Game_Batman_Pkg2-455x300.jpg

....could a regular 7" be far behind!?!?

https://necaonline.com/48945/licens...blog&utm_source=necafbgplus&utm_medium=social

Sallah

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings. I love the idea and concept, but the cowl seriously looks wonky. I don't know if it's too big or what, but it shouldn't be hanging off of his shoulders like that should it?

What a bunch a teases. They said they couldn't do 7" DC figures yet. :lol You know what this means . . . 7" regular version!

I loved the NES game, it was one of my favorites as a kid but I dunno. A proper colored one is a no brainer though. Only thing I don't like are the ears but I'm sure they'll be better and adjustable.

I loved this game as a kid, I might be tempted to pick this up.

I have mixed feelings. I love the idea and concept, but the cowl seriously looks wonky. I don't know if it's too big or what, but it shouldn't be hanging off of his shoulders like that should it?

Yeah, the cowl is definitely too wide at the base. But I guess this is their prototype...they've got plenty of time to fix it (and those ears and cape) before the release.

NECA 7 inch 89' BATMAN

nes-batman-feat-img-500x252.jpg

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the 1989 film that defined Batman for the modern generation AND its 8-bit video game adaptation, we’re proud to announce our first-ever Batman figure in 7″ scale!

650-Video-Game_Batman.jpg

Batman (1989 Video Game Appearance) is the sixth figure in our highly successful line of classic 8-bit video game tributes. Following Michael Keaton’s iconic portrayal as Batman in the movie, the side-scrolling game was released in late 1989 for the super popular 8-bit home console, and is a true ’80s classic.
Batman stands 7″ tall, with over 25 points of articulation for great poses, plus removable cape, Batarang and Spear Gun accessories. Stylized paint deco reproduces the game’s original cel-shaded look. Special window box packaging with opening flap to re-create the look and feel of the classic 1989 video game packaging.

1300-Video-Game_Batman_Pkg2-455x300.jpg

For more info, be sure to visit the product page: Batman – 7″ Action Figure – 1989 Video Game Appearance

Read more: https://necaonline.com/48945/licens...earance-action-figure-revealed/#ixzz38EGAmVjU

I have faith in NECA... I am sure this is a proto that will get tweaked before release.

If they don't do a standard, it should be easy enough to repaint this one... but I have feeling a regular one is coming. I just wonder what else that could mean?

A whole 7" Burton-verse line? If that happens, the sting of Hot toys ignoring Batman Returns may just ease up. :)

Sallah

My excitement level for SDCC just jumped by about 1000%.... I am dying to see what else this might mean!

Sallah

It's basically a scaled down version of the 18" figure, which is great. This is exactly what I wanted to see, just not in the game colors.

I think the colors are making it look worse than it actually is. If that cowl was all black and properly painted, it would be slimmer looking no doubt. Fix the cape a bit at the neck and it'd be perfect.

Now we'll have '89 Batman in pretty much every format. 12", 18" Kenner classic 5", Toy Biz, 3 3/4", lego, Kubrick, Premium Format, and now, 7". Not bad.

It's basically a scaled down version of the 18" figure, which is great. This is exactly what I wanted to see, just not in the game colors.

I think the colors are making it look worse than it actually is. If that cowl was all black and properly painted, it would be slimmer looking no doubt. Fix the cape a bit at the neck and it'd be perfect.

Now we'll have '89 Batman in pretty much every format. 12", 18" Kenner classic 5", Toy Biz, 3 3/4", lego, Kubrick, Premium Format, and now, 7". Not bad.

I think the cowl itself is fine (head area, save the ears). The problem is the scallops/shoulder area. No matter what color those are, they extend way too far outside the body. Either the figure's body and shoulders are too narrow, or that cowl's shoulder area is too wide, or some combination of the two.

michael-keaton-batman_63832.jpg

Neat. I'm more interested in a normal painted one, but I can always just repaint it later.

I think the cowl itself is fine (head area, save the ears). The problem is the scallops/shoulder area. No matter what color those are, they extend way too far outside the body. Either the figure's body and shoulders are too narrow, or that cowl's shoulder area is too wide, or some combination of the two.

View attachment 122045

Yeah, especially towards the back.

I dunno, I don't have a problem with it. If it's anything like the 1/4 version, it'll be adjusted. I think it's more jarring since it's shrunken down and the scallops need to be thinner. Still, there's a great base here with tons of potential. NECA has done the best job of sculpting the armor and suit in my opinion, the torso on their 18" is dead on.

There's a lot of potential here. While it might just be endless Keaton Batman variations, there's a good chance we might see a legit film line of 7" figures.

Back