NECA 7" Video Game Tribute 1989 Keaton Batman revealed!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this flies of the shelf I'm sure NECA can convince whoever that they should make Kenner versions.

Finished up mock packaging. Tried to give it a 1990 vibe. If NECA is unable to make a regular movie suited Batman, I would just make a line like this and have it include "Crime Attack Batman". Just say it's a "special black armor" like Kenner would do for the variant descriptions. They wouldn't have to worry about putting a regular movie figure in clamshells if they just used boxes.

KENNERNECABATMANPACKAGING.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how legit or reliable this guy is from his FB profile he works at NECA but this is what he said about a normal colored 7 inch 89 Batman

Frank Discussion We don't have the licence to release a regular version

33 mins · Like

Daniel Taz-Williams What about a Kenner tribute that could work also...
15 mins · Like

Frank Discussion Not sure... My boss handles all that stuff

Hey friends,

Do I have a deal for you but you've got to hurry.

Calendars.com has a site-wide 30% off everything deal until tomorrow.
NECA 8-bit Batman normally sold at $23.99 drops all the way down to $16.80! Free shipping and handling and no sales tax either. Yes, this code also works on pre-orders.
They also have 1/4 Ledger Joker and Adam West Batman on there too. Just type in "Joker", "Batman video game" or "Batman figure" to find the pages.

Just use promo code: BDAY30

Enjoy!

WOW thanks dude, I ordered one from them, the code works and not a bad price too. ill still keep the previous order from EE and see which one ill jeep MOC. thanks again.

Finished up mock packaging. Tried to give it a 1990 vibe. If NECA is unable to make a regular movie suited Batman, I would just make a line like this and have it include "Crime Attack Batman". Just say it's a "special black armor" like Kenner would do for the variant descriptions. They wouldn't have to worry about putting a regular movie figure in clamshells if they just used boxes.

KENNERNECABATMANPACKAGING.jpg

Great work as ever Fabs.

This would be fairly easy to transform this into the movie version. Some acrylic paint and black dye. Its tempting for me just to give it a go.

I'm just going to wait until NECA makes a regular version themselves. It's only a matter of time.

Me too, if they don't release it, there's Mezco.

I have my doubts with that one.

Dark Knight Returns and Dredd? Sure, they're comic versions that they can expertly translate in figure form. '89 Batman though? It's a real film character. I just can't picture the suit, cowl, boots, gauntlets, gloves, etc. in 1/12 form. We have yet to see them adapt a film figure, the closest we've gotten are the weird Breaking Bad figures of Walt and Jesse which are stylized themselves.

I'm sure Mezco's '89 Batman is right around the corner after the Dredd reveal, so I guess we'll see.

Well, shouldn't be that different from NECA's, I always thought NECA and Mezco were similar quality-wise, their Hellboy line is similar to NECA's Preds in terms of how accurate the sculpts are and the amount of articulation in my eyes, plus they went through a similar Horror movie figure phase.

So I kind of expect Mezco's 89 Batman to be similar to Neca's just an inch shorter but better quality since it's part of the One 12 collective.

One 12 collective, such a cool, classy name for a line.

Just got my sample from NECA! :) I will post a few preview pics either later tonight or tomorrow... Full review on the weekend.

Sallah

Couple of quick pics for you guys-

Full review up really soon... But just gotta say- I love the figure itself. I am a fan of the video game tribute stuff, so even as-is I am happy. But envisioning what it will look like repainted has me REALLY excited! The sculpt and articulation are so nice... Once he is all black, this will be one of the best Keaton Batman figures around.

Sallah

Couple of quick pics for you guys-

Full review up really soon... But just gotta say- I love the figure itself. I am a fan of the video game tribute stuff, so even as-is I am happy. But envisioning what it will look like repainted has me REALLY excited! The sculpt and articulation are so nice... Once he is all black, this will be one of the best Keaton Batman figures around.

Sallah

Thanks for the pics. Look forward to your review. Just hope he doesn't have the wonky eyes like the 1/4 scaled one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pics. Look forward to your review. Just hope he doesn't have the wonky eyes like the 1/4 scaled one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His eyes aren't painted at all actually (to capture the "shadowed" look better I think). They are sculpted in there, but are unpainted.

Sallah

Back