NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even better close up.

Too bad he didn't linger on it a little bit with a little more distance from the camera to the figure.

After seeing the reviews for Cap, I think this Batman's going to be something really special.

Agreed, especially if the sculpt might be getting tweaked.

I take it this guy is going to be solid plastic with cut joints? That would be a major incentive for me. I hate rubber figures.

Nope, no rubber. All of NECA's figures are solid plastic. Sometimes they utilize softer plastic for things like Arnold's jacket, Rocky's trunks etc. but never rubber.

This does look pretty sweet. Was planning on sticking to Nolan Bats but for $80 this is a must have. Now to look into the Neca Avengers...

If NECA can produce quality figs at this price point I will have a hard time justifying paying three times more for hot toys/enterbay stuff even if they may look better

i gott give NECA a ton of respect...they have a boatload of stuff coming out and majority of the sculpts look amazing...The Pred coming out of the camo is really imaginative, the Johnny Depp Tonto sculp looked amazing as did Bilbo Baggins...my hats off to Neca really nice stuff.

I'm not really sold on NECAs humans at this scale. From what I can see of Captain America the paintjob just doesn't look like enough of a jump in quality to match the scale. However Batman here, being as he is a mostly black figure, stands to look much better IMO and far less toylike than the rainbow-coloured Avengers figures.

I'm not really sold on NECAs humans at this scale. From what I can see of Captain America the paintjob just doesn't look like enough of a jump in quality to match the scale. However Batman here, being as he is a mostly black figure, stands to look much better IMO and far less toylike than the rainbow-coloured Avengers figures.

i think it stands to say "you get what you pay for"

which is some cases is better then worse. just depends on what you want from a figure.

i think it stands to say "you get what you pay for"

which is some cases is better then worse. just depends on what you want from a figure.

Well generally with a huge scale one would hope for increased realism. However paintwise I don't see increased realism - talking about faces and skin generally - all I see is less slop and more neatness than you get on NECAs 7" figures. For me I don't think thats enough for a figure at 1:4 scale. Personally I think I'd stick to NECA 7" to still get their incredible sculpts and high-end figures of 1:6 and 1:4 for ultimately more realistic treatment. I make exception for their creatures like Predators and Alien...and I may buy Dutch depending on what he comes out like. (NECA announced a 1:4 scale Dutch I believe)

Works for me. This thing is unbeatable for the price, but I would buy the hell out of an upscaled DX 09. Probably one of my favorite, if not my only favorite, figures in my collection.

On that note, I'm convinced that HT is Batman. They have contingency plans for every possible move that the competition can make. They probably have factories everywhere from Laos to Minsk to Northern Ireland, and each team is working on every possible project that we can think up.

This is kinda perfect for me as I never got the ht 89' bats. I've always toyed with the idea but never had spare cash. Theres always that one more thing I wanted before it. So for this to come, especially in this scale, is great. Cheep and cheerful. A bit of plastic I can just stick on a shelf somewhere. I'm not expecting a HD Enterbay masterpiece. And sometimes that's actually better and more enjoyable, in a weird way.

since it still has time to be worked, I wonder if they're going to add a bit more leg articulation, at least enough to move the legs forward and backward some. As it is, all I can see there possibly being is a knee joint (that wouldn't get much use) and a swivel joint at the hip/pelvic area which would be pretty much useless

2013_International_Toy_Fair_NECA-88.jpg

2013_International_Toy_Fair_NECA-87.jpg

2013_International_Toy_Fair_NECA-89.jpg

Looks like there's a cut joint high on the thight, covered mostly by armor, should hide the joint well but add articulation.

I know being a figure, more articulation the better, but Keaton himself was limited.

Best part of this figure is, no rubber so less risk of problems long term.

Back