NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/4 NECA Batman 1989 Keaton

Oh man that really looks great. I had to do a bit of a rush job to get this guy into the show. I'll go back and tweek it out and this helps a lot. Sometimes it's just a small part here and there that make a difference.

You are responsible for this? All I can say is, "well done, man." This may very well be my first NECA piece. The fact that you're open to improving it even further makes me very happy.

Oh man that really looks great. I had to do a bit of a rush job to get this guy into the show. I'll go back and tweek it out and this helps a lot. Sometimes it's just a small part here and there that make a difference.

Wow, you did this Kyle? Great work.

Messing around in photoshop with pixels is a lot different than actually sculpting a piece, but thanks for the comment. I'm very impressed with what you've done. It looks great.

Did you sculpt the Adam West Batman too? Any chance they've got you doing a Returns armor/suit Keaton Batman or Dark Knight? :naughty

Hey Kyle, I got late into the game of collecting 1/4 Preds, and since my first I became an instant fan of yours. Knowing that you're behind this project makes me all the more excited! Nice to see that you take comments and suggestions well, too. Can't wait to see the final product!:clap

*And thank you, DiFabio! Bless you for doing what you did!:wave

Not really sure who this Kyle guy is, but if he's involved in anyway with this project can he pass along word to loose the articulation at the waist of the Adam West Batman. That's really distracting. That's the only thing that keeps it from being flawless.

Just ordered, I'll just cancel if it hits my comic shop or any stores before I get it. This is a no brainer, it'll go great with my Hot Toys '89 Batman figures and the other merchandise I have.

Now that I've taken it all in, my only gripe is how long the face is (mouth to the brows) and the neck/back of the head. The body sculpt and cape are perfect, the head/cowl just needs to be squashed/widened a bit. Did this for fun,

BatmanNECA.jpg

i agree with this mod.
i really didn't like the sculpt and the cowl, but your photoshop picture shows that it could look much better with a few mods.
There is maybe something to do with the eyes too...
i don't really see Keaton's eyes here..too small maybe...
idon't know what but something's bothering me

anyway,i 'll wait for the final product pictures to decide if i'll buy, because like it is right now, i won't.
But with some mods on the shape of the cowl,the proportions of the face, and the eyes, it could be a great figure!
the mouth likeness is great!

The hot toys is so perfect that i'am afraid to be disappointed..

Last edited:
How cool is it to know for a fact that the actual sculptor has seen and agrees with the photoshop mods and is going to rework it?

I don't have any NECA stuff.

This could be the first one (even my 1/4 first figure)... what about the articulations? I can't see them in the pics, I don't know if they're inside the suit or are they "visible"??

How cool is it to know for a fact that the actual sculptor has seen and agrees with the photoshop mods and is going to rework it?

:exactly:
amazing!
I don't have any 1/4 figure, specialy for the price... but this could be the 1st, I waiting for final product shoots, and I'm sure this will be cheaper than any 1/6 HT figure

This is one of the nicest suprises from Toy Fair. I'm without a doubt picking this up.

Great to hear from you Kyle. That's awesome that you are planning on tweaking this sculpt. Hope all is well, thanks again for the KILLER Predator sculpts :peace

It's amazing how some things work out.
Just yesterday, I was regretting the fact that I missed out on the Hot Toys 89' Batman figure. And here I am, less than 24 hours later, very pleasantly shocked to find out that NECA is doing a 1/4 version of Batman.
I much prefer plastic over rubber and this figure will be half the cost but double the size too!
Excellent sculpt, Kyle! I truly look forward to adding this masterpiece to my collection.

On a side note, any chance of Batman: The Animated Series figures done in 1/4 scale? The animated series has been neglected for many years as far as any type of detailed collectibles.

Damn! So much toy news to keep up with...looks like '60's batman will be everywhere (hell i might even get the barbie 60's versions of batman & catwoman) Every time I think of downsizing my Batman collection,they pull me back in! So far all of the previews look amazing, It's gonna be a POOR($$) summer!

The first video, courtesy of Sean Long:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFo3-4yWdYk&sns=em[/ame]

Even better close up.

Too bad he didn't linger on it a little bit with a little more distance from the camera to the figure.

After seeing the reviews for Cap, I think this Batman's going to be something really special.

Back