NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/4 NECA Batman 1989 Keaton

Just ordered, I'll just cancel if it hits my comic shop or any stores before I get it. This is a no brainer, it'll go great with my Hot Toys '89 Batman figures and the other merchandise I have.

Now that I've taken it all in, my only gripe is how long the face is (mouth to the brows) and the neck/back of the head. The body sculpt and cape are perfect, the head/cowl just needs to be squashed/widened a bit. Did this for fun,

BatmanNECA.jpg

I'm very excited about this, I had to sell my Hot Toys figure but this looks like a fantastic alternative, and it's even bigger. I'm not really one for collecting a particular scale, but where most of my high end figures/statues are now 1/4, it's more appropriate.

Just ordered, I'll just cancel if it hits my comic shop or any stores before I get it. This is a no brainer, it'll go great with my Hot Toys '89 Batman figures and the other merchandise I have.

Now that I've taken it all in, my only gripe is how long the face is (mouth to the brows) and the neck/back of the head. The body sculpt and cape are perfect, the head/cowl just needs to be squashed/widened a bit. Did this for fun,

BatmanNECA.jpg

:clap WHOA!!!! Worlds apart, man! Great job on the tweaking. Only thin NECA needs to do to give this figure more win!

Man I gotta clear more shelf space for this NECAs. I love that their price is still under a hundred, too, considering that they might outlive my more expensive 1/4s

Yeah, I think the eyes are too far up near the forehead. Maybe a thicker neck too. Then again, there hasn't been a good shot of it straight on.

Impressed with the cape and armor sculpting.

I agree with every word. But over all I'm pretty impressed. Not in to 1/4 though. I have the HT version and Im damn happy with it. I'll live through others pics of this.

I'm very excited about this, I had to sell my Hot Toys figure but this looks like a fantastic alternative, and it's even bigger. I'm not really one for collecting a particular scale, but where most of my high end figures/statues are now 1/4, it's more appropriate.

Agreed! Perhaps this one will tide me over if and when Sideshow does a PF, or maybe when HT or EBAY tackle it in 1/4 scale.

Looks pretty good. Looks even better with Fab's shop but I think I'll wait for HT's 1/4 scale version unless I can pick this up for less than retail.

Wow this is a total surprise!!!!

I pre ordered two from BBTS. One to keep MISB and one to open up. These past couple of years have been great to be a 1989 Batman fan.

You should tweet that to them, DiFabio, they listen!

:clap WHOA!!!! Worlds apart, man! Great job on the tweaking. Only thin NECA needs to do to give this figure more win!

Man I gotta clear more shelf space for this NECAs. I love that their price is still under a hundred, too, considering that they might outlive my more expensive 1/4s

I agree with every word. But over all I'm pretty impressed. Not in to 1/4 though. I have the HT version and Im damn happy with it. I'll live through others pics of this.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Nah, not sending it to NECA, you guys can if you want. I don't have a twitter and I wouldn't want to look *****y sending recommendations.

I'm fine with it as is, that area is just a suggestion I noticed. Thicken the neck, round out the sides, lower the mask (brows to nose) on the mouth and I think you'd have the perfect Batman.

Still bought regardless.

I think you hit the nail on the head with your photoshop. The opposite problem to the MMS117 T-800 head.

Yeah Fabios photoshop is spot-on. Awesome figure regardless. Definitely going to pre-order one.

I think you hit the nail on the head with your photoshop. The opposite problem to the MMS117 T-800 head.

Yup, and almost like their original 7" Robocop (the first one that didn't have the leg holster) where the helmet wasn't down all the way. They fixed it with their second 7" Robo w/ pistol holster though.

Too much space between the upper lip and nose, sorta like Bruce Willis. Just compress it a bit, squash it, and you got the perfect Batman sculpt.

Still a great attempt. Hope this guy is the next T2 T-800 and T-1000 (18", 7", Battle Damaged, Jack Joker with all his variations, etc.), I can see em now. Either way, happy with this.

Pre ordered this & the Adam West Batman from BBTS

IMG_1464__scaled_600.jpg

Seeing it from this angle, if the neck got shorter it would look f'd up.

BatmanNECA.jpg

Oh man that really looks great. I had to do a bit of a rush job to get this guy into the show. I'll go back and tweek it out and this helps a lot. Sometimes it's just a small part here and there that make a difference.

Back