Name a scene in a film/or just a film that people started clapping

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. That's exactly it!
No. Cinema clapping isn't common in most of the UK. It's not the same as theatre.
Too true :exactly:

I've never seen it, brits are a bunch of boring bastards :lol
Having said that the last thing I saw at the flicks was Jurrassic Park 3 so it may have changed :dunno.
x :wave

I've seen it twice in my life.

Once in TDK midnight showing when it turned out Gordon was alive.
The second strangley enough in the new Fast Five when the Rock and Vin Diesel had a fight. The crowd for fast five were quite invloved through out the whole film though , not in an annoying way, it added to the enjoyment with everyone laughing and cheering.

Some people actually thought Gordon was dead? ; p

Clapping in the cinema is also rare here in Australia only beacause you get told to shut the f$#@ up..:lol
But I do remember people cheering and applauding the car chase sceen
in RONIN.......Man that was good.

Last time I remember clapping was Batman Begins midnight show. Not many people there (about half full) When Bruce picked up the lantern in the batcave and the music swelled, the guy who owns the local comic book store started clapping and we all joined in. I think it was us Bat Freaks who were ecstatic to finally see Batman done right on film. The end credits we all applauded also. Great night at the movies!

The only times I've ever seen clapping at a movie theater were all at midnight shows. And at those things people are always yelling out unfunny jokes and generally being douchebags anyway, so it's expected.

Not clapping, but in the scene in the Dark Knight where Batman turns the Batpod around by driving it up a wall and flipping it over, you could hear an audable "whoah....." from everyone in the audience. It was just such a simple yet cool moment. Pure awsome.

That was the scene I was going to type as well when I saw the thread.

Once the movie ended there was a lot of clapping as well...Same for Inception. Both were midnight showings.

The Incredibles when Helen in the kids were in free fall after their plane was blown up. Once she woke up, grabbed the kids and turned into a parachute everyone clapped.

The Dark Knight when he was in the Batpod and was going head on towards the Joker in a semi. Once he shot into the grill and then went under the truck and caused it to flip over while Batman kinda went up the wall to turn around everyone clapped. Plus everyone clapped after the Watchmen preview before the Dark Knight.

The Dark Knight when he was in the Batpod and was going head on towards the Joker in a semi. Once he shot into the grill and then went under the truck and caused it to flip over while Batman kinda went up the wall to turn around everyone clapped. Plus everyone clapped after the Watchmen preview before the Dark Knight.

That reminds of when I saw the Watchmen preview at the theater. When it started people were calling out every big name comic book character they could think of trying to guess what movie it was going to be, and when WATCHMEN actually came up on the screen there was total confused silence in the audience. I knew right there that movie was in trouble.

I just dropped my score for that movie to 1/10 after reading and remembering that dumb ass scene.

Not clapping, but in the scene in the Dark Knight where Batman turns the Batpod around by driving it up a wall and flipping it over, you could hear an audable "whoah....." from everyone in the audience. It was just such a simple yet cool moment. Pure awsome.

Yep. No one in the uk reacts to moments in movies but that scene got a response.

During the whole fight in Rocky 6,people were standing and yelling like they were watching a real fight,people went crazy when Rocky knocked down his opponent the first time,such a great experience with my favourite film character.

Ive never experienced so much excitement in a movie theatre before and probably never will again.

thwak_back.gif

Back