Name a scene in a film/or just a film that people started clapping

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread.

1. Starship Troopers (best crowd I have ever been with)
a. when the opening credits came up
b. when they blew up the cave on the bug planet
c. when Rico destroyed the tanker bug
d. when Rasczak gave Rico and Flores an extra 10 minutes

2. In Terminator 2 when Schwarzenneger's name came up on the opening credits

3. End credits for The Matrix

Over here, people never applaud when a movie plays in cinema ...

Yeah, I was also more than a bit embarrassed when folks cheered for that CG Yoda abomination. Embarrassed for those people, embarrassed for humanity as a whole. But mostly embarrassed that I was there at all, really.

Well it was kids of all ages that cheered for Yoda.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG3fg&NR=1&feature=fvwp"]YouTube - ‪Spaced | Menace to Society | Channel 4‬‏[/ame]

I remember the crowd laughing hysterically at the bad acting of Luke going "noooooo nooooooooo noooooooooo that's not true, that's IMPOSSIBLE" in The Empire Strikes back.

I don't buy this.

In 1980 people were not laughing(definitely in this time-frame in the movie) at the Revelation that Vader was Luke's father.

I remember people laughing when Yoda was fighting in AOTC.

I heard my first audible "eye roll" at the end of Kill Bill 2 when the Bride sat down to have a conversation with Bill. Worst movie I've ever seen in the theater and I've never heard so many people saying "seriously?" and "COME ON!" during a film.

Jaws................ "smile you son of a _____"

BOOM!!!!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

When Yoda walked into the hanger on Geonosis. Then when he pulled out his lightsaber, they went wild.

I heard my first audible "eye roll" at the end of Kill Bill 2 when the Bride sat down to have a conversation with Bill. Worst movie I've ever seen in the theater and I've never heard so many people saying "seriously?" and "COME ON!" during a film.
REALLY? I heard a lot of moans and groans during Avatar, and it was a truly greta moment, because they saw and felt the same way I felt about that overrated eye-candy, which had no creativity to its writing or direction.

I fell asleep during Battle of LA, or whatever that horrid alien movie was...

As for applause, nothing beats the Yoda pulls out his saber and just gets nasty in SW. I clapped when Iron Man 2 ended -- horrid.

the big one for me has to go with what others have said - Yoda force-pulling his saber and going to work. The place went crazy.

Oh, Devil will like this one, people clapped at Predators, after Royce was falling and they cut to the "Predators" title. :lol

Sheeet, i'll one up you.

Opening Credits.

Nikoli kills the Predator.

Hanzo Kills the Predator (HUGE CHEER)

Topher Grace gets stabbed (Some guy yelled out "____ YOU FORMAN!" :lol)

Finally, when Royce kills the Predator.

Best midnight showing of my life. :lol

That scene is ____ing amazing. Better then a dumb sword fight, or lame ____. It was a confrontation. It had meaning. And was very moving.

Vol 2 >>>> Vol 1.

The first time I remember people clapping was the moment Vader decides to save Luke by giving the Emperor the toss.

Second time was the whole theater sitting through the entire credits sequence at the end of Amadeus and clapping as the lights came up.

Any/Every midnight screening I've been to of the Harry Potter movies.

And I don't remember which movie at the moment, but some jackass on his phone got kicked out of a movie I saw many years ago, and the audience clapped as he was ushered out.

Back