Name a scene in a film/or just a film that people started clapping

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I can think of is the scene in Predators when Fatburn takes off his Bio-mask. But people weren't clapping, they were laughing their asses off... :lol

I just remembered another.

Some black lady a row over from me talking with her outside voice at both Vivica Fox and Uma Thurman throughout their fight in Kill Bill vol. 1.

I went to a screening of Back to the Future last year. Tons of people cheered and clapped when George McFly stood up to Biff and punched him in the face.

I don't buy this.

In 1980 people were not laughing(definitely in this time-frame in the movie) at the Revelation that Vader was Luke's father.

Did you read what I typed? I said Lukes reaction/Hamill's acting after Vader said he was his daddy. As much as ESB is leghumped, Lukes reaction is horrible acting.

I did to, cause we knew Max was gonna get Mad and lay the smack down!!

And MM didn't have any bad Hamill acting. :yess:

At SDCC last year they were showing Scott Pilgrim Vs. the world and pretty much the whole movie was cheers and clapping anytime something awesome happened (ex. Roxy and Ramona fight)

Jaws................ "smile you son of a _____"

BOOM!!!!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Yep! Finally someone said it. That was the first time for me. Seemed to happen a lot after that, not so much anymore. Other times I remember well...

When Luke blew up the Death Star...

When Indy escaped the boulder...

When McFly got back to the Future...

When Riply blasted the Alien...

When the T-800 got terminated...

When the Predator got crushed...

When Hans Gruber got shot in the head...

When Neo "woke" up...

And so it goes...

Last edited:
No. Cinema clapping isn't common in most of the UK. It's not the same as theatre.

I've seen it twice in my life.

Once in TDK midnight showing when it turned out Gordon was alive.
The second strangley enough in the new Fast Five when the Rock and Vin Diesel had a fight. The crowd for fast five were quite invloved through out the whole film though , not in an annoying way, it added to the enjoyment with everyone laughing and cheering.

the earliest i can recall this happening is the speeder bike chase on Endor in Rotj!!
the latest i can recall this happening is Yoda snap hissing his sabre when about to unleash on Count Dooku!!!

This type of audience reaction isn't very big here in Australia, either. It's quite suprising how involved US audiences get while watching movies.

Back