My Attempt At Clone Armour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've finally got round to some new projects and both are EU Forces Unleashed oriented.

Now I know alot of people have done this particular one but I love the look so much I decided to put My Twist on it.
Galen Marek.
He's still in the early stages but its a start.

Ag9jLiL.jpg

The pants and Shirt will change ( I'm gonna attempt to sew my own that are closer to my ref pics), and I may well paint the boots brown.

The sabers are just temp till I can Make some more accurate ones

The Shoulder Armour is Lea Boushh recast with some tweeks
Ke6NsPn.jpg

The belts are all scratch made too
DeM3nmr.jpg

Comments would be welcome

Next up is .... , well giving me a real buzz, I've not seen anyone attempt this one before ,so its nice not to be following in everyone elses footsteps for a change ( Go on someone tell me this has been done..... bust my bubble :nana:)

fGUy07G.jpg

Any Guesses ?

Here's a clue.... Look in the background

Z5ADaoC.jpg

Yeh you got it ..... Shadow Guard

2IkjbmI.jpg

I Started off just to see if I could do the Lightsaber Pike and it Kinda took off from there
Boots are SS Han Boots, Pants are Hasbro Darth Maul, the Helmet again is Hasbro Which I will probably recast in Black.
The Chest armours is recast SS Stormtrooper and the belt Buckle, Stomach armour ( which is yet to be trimmed down ) and shin armours is all scratch built.

YADZVYh.jpg

M1ALs9n.jpg

The Pike is built up from various Styrene tubes and I based it on this

MyneVmg.jpg

Heres some close ups of the staff working downwards

lXajbWg.jpg

nPVwEO8.jpg

CjByIHa.jpg

Tell me What you guys think, keep me on track here LOL....

that guard was on my to do list...when i got the red one, i was looking for good ref pics in order to make it right..and i found a pic of the black one...odd coincidence that you are doing one now..lol

I love both. I love your creativity. Is so nice to see more rare stuff that is out side the box a little.

Next up is .... , well giving me a real buzz, I've not seen anyone attempt this one before ,so its nice not to be following in everyone elses footsteps for a change ( Go on someone tell me this has been done..... bust my bubble :nana:)

Yeh you got it ..... Shadow Guard.

Actually your the one bursting everybody else's bubble as I and a number of other people talked about doing this figure. :monkey2
I'm about as far along as you are with the figure, didn't have the force pike done at all though. It's been sitting unfinished for 3 or 4 months. :sleep Looks great so far, maybe this will get me to finish mine, don't worry though you'll be done way before me. :gah:

Guys , thanks for all the kind comments, outlander PM me if you need any assist on the Pike.

Thought I'd do some updates, got some bits over the last few days that meant I could get some more done

Galen Marek.
Got the shirt and pants done( Cut up an old grey T Shirt and wis Bang on the old sewing machine), they are gonna need some serious weathering as I decided to give him a battle worn look, sithing about is hard on clothes you know :lecture

3mexk40.jpg

Used Milliput to create the gauntlet then detailed it with styrene ( God I Love that stuff)

eK8KaQx.jpg

WDHXr6f.jpg

Shadow Guard
Made alot of progress on him and am nearly ready to start the finnishing process, just really need to alter the shoulder bells a little, trim the belly armour,Skirt and get some gauntlets done.

Top is Hot Toys Green Goblin( Neck needs Painting Black) and hands are Captain America.
I added a Hasbro Darth Vader Cape just for A Lark but find I quite like the look

jyFgOvT.jpg

kvKkRdN.jpg

tAYwcU9.jpg

outlander PM me if you need any assist on the Pike.

Thanks Tworiverz, but the great pictures you posted of the pike are more than enough. One thing I noticed is that when you look at the picture of the shadow guard the part of the helmet that rests on the shoulder is "not as wide" on the shadow guard as compared to the hasbro helmet. I'm thinking of trimming it, I always thought there was something that didn't look right when I was working on mine (it covers up too much of the chest armor to the left and right) and now I realize what it was after looking at it again after a few months.:slap What do you think? You can see it here in this picture.

P6101021.jpg
[/IMG]

Looking good, I started to sculpt a new guard helmet a couple of months back as I want 2 RG's, the Hasbro's is to flat, I put it on hold as another option came forth, but continue guys looking good

Outlander I can completely agree with what you are saying, I've always thought that Hasbro made their figures a bit dumpy/chubby and the Royal guard helmet is no different.
Problem is that you can trim the shoulders in a bit , but the front still sits a little low , I can't see any way of fixing that short of lifting the whole helmet up a bit, and then the look would be off.
The other problem with the Hasbro helmet is the curve on the dome,as shocktrooper has commented on its just too flat ,so really needs building up.
The Medicom Helmet is in better proportion but I don't fancy spending that sort of cash just for the helmet :lol

I'll have to donder this a little more

Cheers Guys

not to hog your thread..but here is my RG that im redoing...im not too happy with the cloak yet..but it's far better then the hasbro one..i may end up doing it in spandex..just so it will hang better...lol...and not be so "thick"..ive actually painted the visor black, so you cant see the creepy eyes staring at you..lol...and i havent settled on a set of hands yet...

also, why i have you all here, is there just one huge thread for us all to share our SW wips n customs? i know that on another board(osw..shhhh), they have one and it's pretty cool...just a ton of star wars stuff...

DSC01481-1.jpg

Spider the New RG softgoods look excellent , though I could never understand why the outer cape only has one arm slit for the right Arm, would make any left arm usage practicaly non existant.

Elar thanks for the kind words but its all down to the styrene, if you have a full range of sizes and shapes this kind of thing is dead easy.

Cheers Guys

Well managed to get some time in this week as I'm on Holiday:yess:

Shadow guard got some attention that was desperately needed...
ZHc7o4y.jpg

The body Armour just didn't look right at the back so added some strips of styrene to emulate jointed Armour bands.
kaJQMbe.jpg

MBinqr7.jpg

Shoulder Bells aren,t quite accurate but didn't really like the square look so rounded them off
yZfXRRb.jpg

Shin Guards are complete , they look a little Ra's Aghul Ninjafied but hey I Like em
Front
y5dHO6F.jpg

Rear
fHlLCZf.jpg

Still Plenty to do but he's looking alot more like the reference Picture :rotfl

Been thinking of this custom for a while, nothing too major but thought that Bly really needed someone to order around :lol

blCAh5o.jpg

Helmet is just a repainted Bly Phase 2 Lid
rd8h973.jpg

I touched up the stripe to bring it down to mouthpiece, added decals back on the side and covered the holes left by the removal of the eye scanner thingie....
My Camera is very unforgiving but the roughness of the paint isn't as visible as it looks in the photos.
vAjU5ET.jpg

The Shoulder Palidon is recast and I swapped the shoulder pads around as some of the 327th star corp some times are.
Had to cut away the the front panel for the left pad ,then fill the back piece so that I could get the two front sections and the single piece on the back, as it does when on the right.
tvHd8JB.jpg

Finally just swapped the Bly Belt for a plain one and added the strap rig which I cast up and swapped the thigh armour .
Done
DbY3sv5.jpgg

I could do with peoples opinions on the custom Ive been working on this week.
He's a Kashyyyk Clone trooper meant for display with commander Gree but I'm not sure about the finished look of the figure.

I need you guys to tell me if Ive gone too far with it or gone in the wrong direction, all I know is I can't put my finger on it and its bugging me.

Ive based him on the hasbro figure and not quite completed

Help me here guys ........ :panic:

ZIZnkn1.jpg

wirlabc.jpg

nWbowr6.jpg

NnzRU60.jpg

ekE0FRm.jpg

mOXq0iW.jpg

Back