My Attempt At Clone Armour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well a week off and loads done, finished off a lot of projects that needed little bits doing and started some new stuff too.

Hope you guys enjoy

First up finally finished my Commander Thire, been waiting on this one for a long time and Spider( Matt) gave me the motivation to get the old sewing machine out and get a kama done.
Tried out weathering with pastels on these too, though the pictures don't really show it up well.
Oh and the bottom is wired so you can bend it into shape.

gzuztCe.jpg

XJV1IP3.jpg

ySabWq7.jpg

73wLogD.jpg

Commander Fox Phase 2 , Just a Kama on this one, not really much in the line of customization.

mfZ0oxl.jpg

G2txamN.jpg

wIi0sNs.jpg

Next Up are a few things I've been playing around with in between waiting for stuff to dry

Phase 2 Ganch.
Really don't like the Pauldron that he came with so I replaced it with the more traditional one.
Needs weathering a little and sealing but quite happy with the colour match so far.

U7VbYiG.jpg

9xOKQi8.jpg

aKBLGmO.jpg

Had the Tomy X Wing Pilot Helmet molded for some time but wasn't really motivated to do anything with it, that was until certain people, and you know who you are, started revamping their old Luke Hoth customs.
Decided to have a bash at one and needed a side kick, this is the beginnings of him :wink1:

geefvSH.jpg

EggC2tI.jpg

3pAforx.jpg

Quiz time,

Which is the original ?

rsYfVcL.jpg

fYTKlXD.jpg

rsYfVcL.jpgg

Right where are we , oh yeah , this guy, nice easy custom, minimal work and not too bad a head sculpt match either.
He needs more work but quite happy with him so far.
General Cracken

LZz8KrG.jpg

mIQZ4s6.jpg

ebnzN58.jpg

Well, had the parts for this for a while but never seem to get the time to get really rolling with new projects, God I'm Loving my week off, and the missus has been at work too, PLAY TIME

The armour plates are all re-casts and I've even made the odd prototype weapon he has in all the pictures of him, though I've not managed to take any photos.
The jacket is just pleather that I whipped up when I was doing Kamas ( :pfft: not really whipped up , took nearly half a day :lol )

Prototype Boba Fett

lWowlEI.jpg

biCWYpR.jpg

biCWYpR.jpg

Jees, Update fest or what, this is what happens when you have all week to play, He He.........:blissy

I decided to do my take on the Rex Phase 2 Helmet but wanted to make it a little unique and in line with other SSC Phase 2 helmets.
Comments on this one would be welcomed as not quite there and don't know why.
Helmet is a recast of Cody Trimmed down in places.
Obviously everthing still needs attention but Spider asked me to post so ..........:wave

vxogwnJ.jpg

qZX4PDx.jpg

nKX7WHE.jpg

CMd5dJ0.jpg

peWdMZg.jpg

Here's a couple Of jedi just to break the clones up a little,

Early stages for this Duros but Like what I'm seeing so far.
This is the first custom I've actually used my Hammerhead Hands, Go Figure :slap

kN8BVBN.jpg

VDD8Mxi.jpgg

This guy came from a thought that Yoda must have had either other Jedi Aids or Apprentices with him on Kashyykk.
I Figured that he was an elder jedi apprentice to yoda and would most likely be a strategic aid.
Still umming and Arring with him especially with the Belt.
Outer robe is Obi wan Clone General, the shoulder bells are Cody recasts, and the rest of the armour is Gree, with the exception of the upper thigh which is repainted standard clone.
Not to happy with the upper thigh colour so will probably go back and repaint.

AVsrQRq.jpg

NfyndE8.jpg

3etQzu7.jpg

Well saved what I consider to be the best Until last ( though I know not everyone Loves Clones :cuckoo:)

With the release of the Utapau Airborne Clone, and some of Cc3680's inspirational Pictures , I wanted to sart building up my Utapua Ranks.
Wanted a clone commander that had a similar feel and look to Cody, someone who really Kicks Bottom

This is the result
He's simply been Primered white, tape up ( Ooohh Err Kinky) the painted up.
Helmet is a recast of a Bacarra and a couple of changes added.
Kama was a basic stitch up and then really worn thread bear using the old sandpaper technique, finally everything has had weathing using pastels, sealed and done.

Would really like peoples opinions on this one, cos I love it.

t7uSNAG.jpg

Tos0HKG.jpg

oHmxGgC.jpg

f75gueG.jpg

ECFcudR.jpg

xPOK6ja.jpg

dkx535z.jpg

EETd347.jpg

ZUUUsP2.jpg

very very awesome stuff...took me awhile to look at it all....kinda envious of your new toys...lol....so you got a ganch ph 2 or did you buy the whole fig? wish i had bought him..but i was poor when he came out..so i had to make my own..lol..

hey, see that seam/fold on the upper arm of your proto boba?? yea...i figured out how to do that....its a really easy, but cool effect...and i discovered it by accident..sadly...lol...anywho...some really cool things you have been up to...

i love the orange on the clone..what color is that? is it spray or hand brushed?

Last edited:
:yess::clap:hi5:
I love it! Thire is just what I want to do. I am going to copy you. Yep copy you is what I will do. That pauldron is exactly what I need from you.

I too dislike ganch's pauldron. Nice to see the change. I think it is a big improvement and I might keep mine if I make that change.

Great idea with the apprentice. I keep looking at clone obi but just can't figure out what to do. I like that mix. I would like to do something like that but with a clone helmet. Great inspiration and I appreciate that photo. Great custom.

Oh wow!!! I totally dig that utapau. Nice paint job too. Looked like it came from sideshow. Another great idea. Way to think outside the box. I think you should add holsters to the outfit. Holsters on the side or chest.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you recently via PM. Things have been busy for me. I am still very very interested.

I really appreciate these updates. Great ideas for customizations. I like it when we think outside the Star Wars canon type figures. Those are my favorites.

Matt, thanks for the kind words, and in answer to your question, I bit the bullit and bought a Ganch, wasn't going to originally but thought if I didn't I would regret it somewhere down the line.

Cc I hear ya, I will keep the Pauldron if only to keep it complete and it kinda goes with the Phase 1 helmet but dang does it suck for Phase 2 :lol

With the Utapua commander I toyed with the idea of adding Holsters but wanted to move away from the standard look of the clone commander, I might come back to it and add something, maybe a microbanocular case , a utility harness on straps, or something like that.

Not to worry about the Pm, I know sometimes everything else seems to swamp what we want to do, is it just the one Pauldron you want ?
If you let me know I'll start on them before I have to go back to work.

Really pleased you like them and appreciate your comments.

Good stuff man. I would love to have a week off and be able to work on customs, it must have been relaxing.

I really like Cracken. I have been thinking of doing him, may have to have a go down the road. Looking forward to seeing your Proto-Fett as well.

Well done Pete, thanks for sharing your work. :)

Well almost to the end of my week off and have to start thinking about that dreaded four letter word very soon but couldn't resist getting started on this chappie, and before anyone starts , I know another Bl....dy Clone :thud:

Commander Fordo

Need some input for the the Pauldron as not too sure on the sizing , I think its ok but what do other people think ?
I have just quick mocked this up and splash a paint to kinda get a feel for him.
Will be adding Holsters and also removing one of the chest pouches ) as most of him only shows a two pouch harness)
I'm gonna mould the Neyo helmet and make the Phase 2 right shoulder Harness I've seen as well like this below
Review_CaptainFordoTVC09.jpg

Tell me what you think.

14jD0eV.jpg

ltL804Z.jpg

8K6Ga5h.jpg

uLxqaGr.jpg

This is how I made it, I took a Hasbro Sandtrooper Paulrdon and copied the shape.
I then cut some styrene sheet into segments and glued them to another piece, using a cocktail stick to keep the spacing even.
Cast it in resin after making a mould and then used the hot water technique to shape it.

iS3d2DC.jpg

May even make a standard Pauldron too with just the right Shoulder, as I seen in some of the images on the web.

z6GY6zC.jpg

both my daughter and I like the rounder (your newer version) on the clone better. We think it looks more "Arc like".

Seems like this new one would fit great with phase 1s. not sure about 2. Ab Fab if you wanted to create a custom based off Ralph McQuarrie design. Which i do eventually.

Back