My attempt at a 1/4 scale mixed media Han on Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to be coming along nicely. Not sure how accurate you are shooting for, but if I may, the horns actually round down a bit and stay close to the head the whole way. I hope you don't mind me pointing that out, it looks quite sharp.

Movie still showing head -
Tauntaun1.jpg

Yeah they're definitely too thin going to resculpt them tomorrow.
Made an attempt at painting the head today, the majority of it is going to be covered in fur just the muzzle won't be.
uploadfromtaptalk1392322411994.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1392322426343.jpg

I used eyes from a stuffed toy lol

just a tip for you.. I know its been baked already.. but the one mistake most people do when starting sculpting (including myself) is sculpting the eyeballs not deep enough into the skull.. Also your TaunTaun's eye ***** are to far out of the skull.. make them look like popping out any second :)

Don't want to criticize you but this is a common thing when starting sculpting.. put those eyes deeper.. sculpt some eye lids around and you will have a way more natural look :)

Just glued on in sections.

I'll see if I can fix the eyes not sure if I can though.

Yeah, will just be gluing the fur to the head in strips.

Right now I'm struggling to get the sculpted pieces too attach to the body. It's been annoying me last few days so I've decided to leave it for a few days well try again next week.

Just glued on in sections.

I'll see if I can fix the eyes not sure if I can though.

Yeah, will just be gluing the fur to the head in strips.

Right now I'm struggling to get the sculpted pieces too attach to the body. It's been annoying me last few days so I've decided to leave it for a few days well try again next week.

Did you have have another try at attaching the head?
Everything looked great so far, would like to see this complete.

I'm planning on getting back on with it, shortly, just been quite busy and not really had time for it right now but ill find a way to do it.

Back