MUMMY PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics Anton.

I have to admit I am most blown away by the detail in the wrappings. The texture is simply amazing. The piece may very well dethrone Wolfman as my favorite Universal PF. I like it even better than I imagined I would. Of course, all this will be once I get a replacement :lol

As far as Bride goes, I'm kind of hoping to see that tonight as well.

I notice that the mummy seems very small inside his sarcophagus when sitting next to Frankenstein. Does this mess with the illusion or scale? Does it diminish the detail of either figure in any way?

As for SSE...I think the SSE will look just fine with just the mummy in his sarcophagus, just a matter of preference. With the lid of the sarcophagus on though, IMO it's gotta be colour.

I think the scale is idealized... Frankenstein is supposed to tower your average male... (Karloff was less than six feet in real life).

pixletwin said:
I think the scale is idealized... Frankenstein is supposed to tower your average male... (Karloff was less than six feet in real life).
Yeah I know, I'm just wondering how it looks since it appears Frank is as big as the sarcophagus. Plus technically the scale is wrong if you are talking about how big Karloff was a Frankenstein. FrankenFan (I think) has a post somewhere about the various heights of actors as the monsters and the scale heights of the PF. Can't remember what thread it is, but it's about a year old. I might have started the thread come to think of it...or it mighta been the SSE Wolfman and LAM thread. Anyways its an interesting post if you're interested in hunting it down. :D

Approximate hieghts of horror icons,IMDB sometimes lists hieghts on actors.

Lon Chaney 5'8"
Boris Karloff 5'11"
Bela Lugosi 6'2"
Lon Chaney Jr. 6'2"
Vincent Price 6'4"
Christopher Lee 6'5"
Claude Rains 5'6"
Peter Lorre 5'5"
Glenn Strange 6'5"
Ben Chapman (creature) 6'5"
Maria Ouspenskaya 5'0"
Fay Wray 5'3"

In full makeup,Karloff's monster would have probably been somewhere between 6'4" and 6'6".

Alright, I think I have a problem - my nose seems to white. Now, I'm assuming it's supposed to be some exposed bone there, but mine looks rubbed off to me. Anyone got more close ups of the face, particularly their nose? And yes, I'm talking about my Mummy...

Brown noser Mummy

Michael Crawford said:
Alright, I think I have a problem - my nose seems to white. Now, I'm assuming it's supposed to be some exposed bone there, but mine looks rubbed off to me. Anyone got more close ups of the face, particularly their nose? And yes, I'm talking about my Mummy...

My Mummy has no white on the nose. It has a sculpted area that looks/represents nose rot(like Pierce's make up). But he's brown/dust colored through and through except for darker shades. Tried a pic....

Yep, mine looks more rubbed than that *sigh*. For this kind of money, I'm not interested in anything short of perfect. So, do I go ahead and do the review with a rubbed nose, or do I call Sideshow and see if they'll do a swap? Last thing I want to try to do is repack this whole thing though - unlike past releases, there's no way I'm going to be able to get all that wrapping back together in the box.

Agent0028 said:
I notice that the mummy seems very small inside his sarcophagus when sitting next to Frankenstein. Does this mess with the illusion or scale? Does it diminish the detail of either figure in any way?

As for SSE...I think the SSE will look just fine with just the mummy in his sarcophagus, just a matter of preference. With the lid of the sarcophagus on though, IMO it's gotta be colour.

Okay, here is the Mummy out of the casket standing on Frankenstein's base. This should give you a good idea of his dimensions and scale.

Michael Crawford said:
Yep, mine looks more rubbed than that *sigh*. For this kind of money, I'm not interested in anything short of perfect. So, do I go ahead and do the review with a rubbed nose, or do I call Sideshow and see if they'll do a swap? Last thing I want to try to do is repack this whole thing though - unlike past releases, there's no way I'm going to be able to get all that wrapping back together in the box.

Michael:

Why don't you post a photo of your mummy's face, so we can all help you judge?

B.

Michael Crawford said:

Yeah, believe me repacking was no fun at all and there will be no doubt that he was opened and inspected when SS gets him back :lol

I sent in my request and got a response that the returns department is currently 5 days behind. Of course, he is definitely going to be worth the wait.

Michael Crawford said:

I know what you mean about the money. I would go ahead and do the review and show would be buyers what to look out for. I would also ask Bannister if you could use his pic of the paint rubbed urn at the beginning of this thread and include it in your review as well. Then, you can always go back and update the review when you get your good one/replacement. Your reviews are always very keen on "things to look out for" anyway. This would be a perfect example of things to watch out for. Without compare and contrast pics some of us would never know there were any defects at all. I think we should keep this practice up on this website. Its a good idea IMO.

*SIGH* Well, I received my Mummy PF today as expected, and immediately discovered a flaw on the base. The small Egyptian figure on the right side of the base is missing his left thumb! I thought, "maybe it's supposed to be like that", but a quick check of the pics in this thread confirmed mine was broken. This is the second consecutive SIDESHOW piece I've received damaged ( MORGUL LORD BUST), so it is particularly frustrating. I didn't even bother opening the rest of the piece.

Thankyou for the comparison shot Anton, I have horrible depth perception and estimation of heights and such so that made it easier for me to see.

Anyone think that the in stock item will be the SSE Mummy for black and white friday? Or is it a bit early for that?

Mine won't be here until Saturday. :monkey2

I hope it arrives in one piece. These reports of broken pieces doesn't sound good at all. :(

Agent0028 said:
Thankyou for the comparison shot Anton, I have horrible depth perception and estimation of heights and such so that made it easier for me to see.

Anyone think that the in stock item will be the SSE Mummy for black and white friday? Or is it a bit early for that?
That or the SSE Dracula bust.

Anton Phibes said:
I know what you mean about the money. I would go ahead and do the review and show would be buyers what to look out for. I would also ask Bannister if you could use his pic of the paint rubbed urn at the beginning of this thread and include it in your review as well. Then, you can always go back and update the review when you get your good one/replacement. Your reviews are always very keen on "things to look out for" anyway. This would be a perfect example of things to watch out for. Without compare and contrast pics some of us would never know there were any defects at all. I think we should keep this practice up on this website. Its a good idea IMO.
If he wants to use the pic, I have no problem with it.

warlock664 said:
*SIGH* Well, I received my Mummy PF today as expected, and immediately discovered a flaw on the base. The small Egyptian figure on the right side of the base is missing his left thumb! I thought, "maybe it's supposed to be like that", but a quick check of the pics in this thread confirmed mine was broken. This is the second consecutive SIDESHOW piece I've received damaged ( MORGUL LORD BUST), so it is particularly frustrating. I didn't even bother opening the rest of the piece.

CAN I SEE A PIC?? Is it broke and the piece is rolling around in the box or is it broke from the factory and they painted over the missing thumb?? I remember when Bowen released their first Daredevil figure statue. The Billy clubs on some were broken down by the underside of the hand. The factory just painted over the break/short and never caught the error? I really hope someone from SS is reading this thread. Because the Bride of Frankenstein is sure to be a delicate piece, and I hope they get their quality issues resolved before she ships.

Okay, so do I send it back?

review_pfmummy_4.jpg

review_pfmummy_6.jpg

Back