MUMMY PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hie chaps I just cant get my head round the scale of this thing. Could some one post a pic of it next to one of the other PF figs. If poss the wolfman, Dracula or frankenstein. Thanks again.

grant666uk said:
Hie chaps I just cant get my head round the scale of this thing. Could some one post a pic of it next to one of the other PF figs. If poss the wolfman, Dracula or frankenstein. Thanks again.
here you go, sorry for the poor quality.
mummy16kh2.jpg

Agent0028 said:
About what are the dimensions? It seems so huge.
The overall height (from the bottom of the base to the top of the sarcophagus) is about 23". The figure itself is about 18". The base, at its widest point, is about 10.5" wide, and the sarcophagus is about 9" wide.

I understand the appeal of the SSE versions of some of the monsters, but with the Sarcophagus, I don't think this is one that makes much sense. I expect (he should be here today) that this thing will look terrific in color, and that in a grayscale it would be a whole lot less interesting.

Now, if it was just the Mummy in a shambling pose, I think the SSE would be better than the color version. Let's face, it, there's not much color to the Mummy to begin with.

youre probably right to a certain extent MC, but we'll see.. The Ardeth bust SSE looks better than the color IMO and I never wouldve thought that.

and it cant look nearly as bad, to me, as 1 color monster would look in a collection of SSE's

awesome pictures !

can't wait till I get mine.

And I think an SSE version of the Mummy would be as beautifull, just different.
I would love the sarcophagus in black & white...

RoboDad those pics are the best I have ever seen on here! We should make you the Offical Photographer. I have to admit that I was not pleased with the Mummy when I saw it on Sideshows website. I thought the likeness was off and was dissapointed, but bought him anyways. After seeing your pics I see that I was wrong. Can't wait for mine to arrive so I can bask in all the wonders and Mystery of THE MUMMY!:mummy

Just to create an idea of the SSE of the Mummy, I think lots of you have allready tried this, but just to share the pics...

(I've used the magnificent pictures of RoboDad for this SSE ilusion)

Well, #202/350 just arrived at my office...will try to unbox tonight to have a look at the ole' boy!

B.

Anarion said:
Just to create an idea of the SSE of the Mummy, I think lots of you have allready tried this, but just to share the pics...

(I've used the magnificent pictures of RoboDad for this SSE ilusion)

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I hadn't thought to try that "illusion", but I think you have given a pretty good idea of what an SSE would look like.

I kind of rationalized getting the color Mummy, since there really isn't much color to it. It's mostly shades of grayish brown, and the colors on the sarcophagus are really pretty muted, even though they do tend to stand out a bit more in photos. And of course, now that I have it I do really like the color version, but if an SSE is announced, I may sell it and upgrade.

Bannister said:
The back of the sarcophagus is magnetized as is the base, so there are no pegs whatsover. The mummy is also magnetized, but just enough to hold it to the sarcophagus. You wouldn't want to move it with the mummy inside. I could see over time the back of the mummy being scratched by the sarcophagus as both surfaces are kind of rough. Also the Mummy seems to be completely polystone. Finally, the base is solid but the sarcophagus is hollow. Forgot to add that the magnet that holds the lid together is pretty strong. If you plan to display it with the sarcophagus closed I wouldn't put the mummy in there.

Got mine in. Pics coming this evening. Paint apps are great. No defects or damage that are visible. #70/350. QUESTION: Am I reading you right when you say the back of the coffin is magnetized, as is the support wall on the base? Cause mine doesn't feel magnetized. The back felted area just kinda leans against the rear support wall. Yours has mags?:confused:

Anton Phibes said:
Got mine in. Pics coming this evening. Paint apps are great. No defects or damage that are visible. #70/350. QUESTION: Am I reading you right when you say the back of the coffin is magnetized, as is the support wall on the base? Cause mine doesn't feel magnetized. The back felted area just kinda leans against the rear support wall. Yours has mags?:confused:
I question that as well. If there are magnets holding the sarcophagus to the support wall, they are very weak compared to the magnets that holds the figure to the sarcophagus, and the magnets that hold the lid closed.

Well number 54 arrived here however I can't bring myself to take any pics as I have sunken into a great depression. I road the rollercoaster from amazement at the detail of the sarcophagus to utter despair as I found that 2 fingers were severely cracked :monkey2

Needless to say I am off to shoot an email to SS.

Got my Mummy today! He's number 80/350. I have to say, when I saw the figure on Sideshow's site I almost passed. I thought he would look like the old Aurora model kit with one arm stretched out and the other held as in a sling.
But after seeing it in person and remembering this is the way he was seen in the movie I am very glad I didn't pass! Now to wait for the bride preorder!

Does anyone know when that will be?

Here are some pics for scale comparison with the other Monsters as well as some playing I did. Sorry to hear yours was broken Oxbeard. As far as the Bride preorder goes....production blog says very soon. VERY is capitalized. Maybe tonite's newsletter? Enjoy the pics...

Back