MUMMY PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pic next to weta elessar statue to give an idea of size.
mummy15th2.jpg

if there are any other pics of something specific you want to see, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Thanks a lot for the great pics! It looks totally awesome. I just looked at the prototype pics of the face and compared them side by side to your live pics and I think I like the changes made in the color scheme of the face on yours better than the proto! Thanks again! It's terrible about the urn, however. Unless its supposed to look weathered (which I doubt), that's a major goof up. Are you sending it back??

Anton Phibes said:
Thanks a lot for the great pics! It looks totally awesome. I just looked at the prototype pics of the face and compared them side by side to your live pics and I think I like the changes made in the color scheme of the face on yours better than the proto! Thanks again! It's terrible about the urn, however. Unless its supposed to look weathered (which I doubt), that's a major goof up. Are you sending it back??
I will probably call tomorrow to see about a replacement. I think what happened with the urn was that it rubbed against the styrofoam during shipping. Anyway despite that, I think this is probably my favorite pf monster next to the color Wolfman. I still can't get over how big this thing is and still can't believe it didn't sell that well.(considering you could order 2 and it is only limited to 350.) I think this may end up being the most sought after Universal Monster pf when all is said and done.

Thanks, Bannister ! Can't wait for Thursday now! And I agree, I think there will be many, many folks kicking themselves for not picking this one up!

warlock664 said:
Thanks, Bannister ! Can't wait for Thursday now! And I agree, I think there will be many, many folks kicking themselves for not picking this one up!
I know I am. :banghead Maybe by the time it is released in SSE I'll be able to afford it. :monkey2

Bannister said:
pic next to weta elessar statue to give an idea of size.
mummy15th2.jpg

if there are any other pics of something specific you want to see, let me know and I will see what I can do.

:slap I think I've just wetted my pants...

i love that he can be wall mounted. wish they'd have used real cloth bandages tho. seems weird for a PF not to have cloth somewhere

Yep, I suspect that will be my biggest complaint. A PF needs some cloth, and with bandages over his body like that (and no articulation) it just seems a no brainer. It also reduces damage from the mummy rubbing or hitting the sarcophogus.

Michael Crawford said:
Yep, I suspect that will be my biggest complaint. A PF needs some cloth, and with bandages over his body like that (and no articulation) it just seems a no brainer. It also reduces damage from the mummy rubbing or hitting the sarcophogus.

all i can think of is they didn't use cloth because of the magnets they chose to hold him in the sarcophogus. the cloth might hinder the effectiveness of the mags. i dunno.

Mookeylama said:
all i can think of is they didn't use cloth because of the magnets they chose to hold him in the sarcophogus. the cloth might hinder the effectiveness of the mags. i dunno.

It would have been to complicated, I mailed SS, and it was the original ID though. Then again, it is mixed media... polystone and magnets...

These look very impressive. Now that we have 2 sets of pictures to compare, and hopefully a third tomorrow if mine shows up, I am convinced it is a really good idea for everyone to do this who is able. We can then compare and contrast, show what errors to look for, troublesome points, etc.

Looks like you got a great one RoboDad. Hope mine looks this good. Bannister, after seeing his urn....I would definitely send your Mummy back for a replacement with better paint apps. A shame really that such an impressive piece is subject to mistreatment, from whatever the source.

Hopefully someone from the production team, packaging design department, or whomever will see the compare and contrast pics here in this thread and it will help them for future references in designing sturdier packaging if its a packaging issue. Or Quality Control will see it if its a quality issue. With good folks like Dusty and others roaming around viewing these threads its possible the info. could get into the proper hands.

Thanks guys for putting these great photos up. I will put mine up tomorrow if he arrives. Cannot wait. I am a little apprehentious, however, at the possibility of mine being mucked up in some way after my Dracula 1:1 Bust hair and lip incident(s). Ciao,

Phibes

Great pics guys!!!!

That's a perfect backdrop and lighting robodad, really makes the piece pop.

Been trying to stay away from this thread, don't know how much longer I can wait :monkey5

Wow, great pics. I'm psyched. I get mine tomorrow.

I've been waiting for this piece (and the creature) for a long time.

Thanks,
Mike

Back